1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: MMS197D02 Mark XLII Diecast Series Official Spec/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the price raise is due to the molds, diecast being metal is obviously different to plastic and when the diecast settles, it is more likely to damage the mold being a more rigorous material. Each time they cast, it wears down the mold.So whenever they find a piece not molded correctly they gotta change it.

The same process happens with plastic but it is to a less extreme. You can cast more per mold with plastic as opposed to diecast.

Yeah that's true, but couldn't they just make stronger molds

Idk guys. I'm not an expert on these things, but i had plenty of Soul of Chokogin robots, bandai macross from back in the day with plenty of Diecast in them and they were fairly priced from what my parents tell me. Hell, a plastic masterpiece Optimus prime is actually more expensive than the first masterpiece that was almost 70% Diecast. I know time plays a factor, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind what HT is charging.

Hell, who cares, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idk guys. I'm not an expert on these things, but i had plenty of Soul of Chokogin robots, bandai macross from back in the day with plenty of Diecast in them and they were fairly priced from what my parents tell me. Hell, a plastic masterpiece Optimus prime is actually more expensive than the first masterpiece that was almost 70% Diecast. I know time plays a factor, but I just don't understand the reasoning behind what HT is charging.

Hell, who cares, right?

You have a very valid point. IM sells so well in China that they can probably afford to have them higher priced with out losing to many customers. Not to mention it is an upgrade so they might just charge more due to that. I honestly don't know why its so much but if the price of IM stays this high, I won't be getting too many of em :/

You have a very valid point. IM sells so well in China that they can probably afford to have them higher priced with out losing to many customers. Not to mention it is an upgrade so they might just charge more due to that. I honestly don't know why its so much but if the price of IM stays this high, I won't be getting too many of em :/

neither will I, out of all the Diecast series I only bought Iron Patriot, Whiplash, Robocop, ED209, War Machine MKII and the MKXLII.

:lol

neither will I, out of all the Diecast series I only bought Iron Patriot, Whiplash, Robocop, ED209, War Machine MKII and the MKXLII.

:lol

Well, I'm glad ED 209 wasn't actually made out of Diecast, lol. With HT's reasoning for pricing things, that would've been $600 easily for him.

I'd like to say that this will be my one and only die-cast figure but if diecast is the only option for a certain release, then I suppose thats the only way to get it for your collection, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

I'd like to say that this will be my one and only die-cast figure but if diecast is the only option for a certain release, then I suppose thats the only way to get it for your collection, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

You said it. It is the only way for me to get a Robocop, so it is what it is.

I feel bad for the IM fans if they were to re-release very armor in diecast though. That's a divorce for sure.

Yeah, it'd be too much of a hassle and too much $$ spent to replace all of them. I know if I had the Iron Man collection, I probably wouldn't want to. I think the plastic versions are already sufficient. Since I didn't get any of the earlier versions, I have no problem getting a DieCast MkIII and posing that w/ WM Mk1. My MkVII can then go w/ Avengers Cap & TDW Thor & maybe WS BW to start an Avengers set.

Releasing soon enough.

10303778_10152077138657344_7255332349004628902_n.jpg

Back