1/6 Hot Toys - TMS128 - The Bad Batch: Imperial Clone Commando

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they didn't pull that limited numbers stunt, causing massive FOMO, people had more time to think about it....
I'm guessing the inaccurate proportions will always bug you but maybe once you've got it in hand, decent lighting, good pose etc, you like the figure for what is not what it could have been.

Yeah instead of a Super Battle Droid situation or a 2099 AtSU Spidey situation, where we got some welcome changes to those figure, this guy is already done and in some collections. Like you said, FOMO hit and as a clone guy, I had to try for it.

I love the helmet and...yeah.

This guy won't work in a museum pose.

Yeah instead of a Super Battle Droid situation or a 2099 AtSU Spidey situation, where we got some welcome changes to those figure, this guy is already done and in some collections. Like you said, FOMO hit and as a clone guy, I had to try for it.

I love the helmet and...yeah.

This guy won't work in a museum pose.
I just really hope they update the proportions if they do more commandos.

Hoping for all white unlimited versions next but my most anticipated trooper to go with that Commando is the TK trooper. Just love that they repurposed the original McQuarrie design for that early Stormtrooper.

Meanwhile since I am in Asia: casually mention to mrs yesterday that the new exclusive trooper is out in HK. Later that evening she goes on Chinese shopping app, sees a few listings at pretty much RRP and info that China/HK got 350 allotment. Orders one, says shipped this morning. Should have it in hand when I get back to the China apartment in couple days.

I feel for everyone struggling with the Sideshow queue BS. This really shows how high demand for even sub-par, tangentially EU related figures are in the West and how dead Star Wars as a brand (and how poorly HT overall) is in China mainland. Much like how when I walked into the Shanghai Hot Toys store there were several Umbra ARC troopers sat in stock at RRP when rest of the world they were sold out, this situation shows the demand in China mainland just isn't there, at least not for Star Wars.

Thanks to Chinese shopping app I also have 0-0-0 for about 30 dollars over HK RRP (so far cheaper than Sideshow's base price) Chrome Cody and gold chrome trooper also for tiny tiny bit over HK RRP, plus some other HT Star Wars non-exclusives for at or below HK RRP.
I am super lucky my trip to Asia coincided with the darkside event otherwise I would likely have missed out on most of the exclusives and overpaid for the rest... before even being hit with the excessive import taxes and handling fees on those inflated prices and shipping costs.

Also, I hate the Sideshow queue system.

FFS you mean to tell me Chinese collectors have no phucks to give for this sheit and SS is just randomly giving their customers, whom they care for so much, the 🍆🍆🍆. SHOCKING 😱

FFS you mean to tell me Chinese collectors have no phucks to give for this sheit and SS is just randomly giving their customers, whom they care for so much, the 🍆🍆🍆. SHOCKING 😱
Well, China had a smaller allotment, it is just that the demand is not there. Demand in the west is huge. Demand in HK and Japan is likely big too since Star Wars is popular in those places but in mainland China Star Wars is barely a thing. They never got the OT and IIRC they didnt get the even the prequels, so their first taste of Star Wars was the crappier modern Disney movies which didn't exactly do well there.

Well, China had a smaller allotment, it is just that the demand is not there. Demand in the west is huge. Demand in HK and Japan is likely big too since Star Wars is popular in those places but in mainland China Star Wars is barely a thing. They never got the OT and IIRC they didnt get the even the prequels, so their first taste of Star Wars was the crappier modern Disney movies which didn't exactly do well there.
Thanks! So totally get that as none of the Asian market allotments are equal to or greater than the west, but SS knows they could be selling at least 1k more units of all of these, yet they claim HT, who manufactures these toys for some strange substance called….🤔MONEY, is solely to blame for this 💩show. I don’t believe that in the slightest. It doesn’t square for me at all.

I figured it was a way to get a quick chunk of change to help cover costs. They had to make these figures, which slowed production on other figures and probably added to the delays. And since they over produced so many figures for a while, they have been adjusting. So if they needed it Xtra influx of cash to help keep things moving, selling chunks of figures that they know would sell because FOMO.

Especially since most of these figures releasing either immediately in HK are repaints, kitbashes, or reprints.

True, but that doesn’t account for how all this started: Artisan.
Business wise, this doesn’t square with addressing inventory bloat, maximizing profits & revenue nor satisfy demand.
If you were just trying to raise revenue to address a slump, logic dictates that you maximize those revenues in order to generate profit, not just get money fast to finance current projects. No business is in business, especially those that expend resources to produce products, to just be in business.

Back