Any ideas for a facial expression for Aragorn headsculpt?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Greetings:

I just spoke with sculptor Erick Sosa about the Aragorn headsculpt and he asked if I wanted a different expression on Viggo's face to make it stand out from the last two Viggo sculpts.

I couldn't thank of anything specific, so I figured I'd let you guys come up wihe some suggestions.

I figured it would probably be best to give him a subtle expression. Nothing like an open mouth or anything, which in my opinion, would limit the use of the head.

If you guys have any ideas and reference pics, lets see 'em!

Thanks.
Eric

RED PLANET TOYS
www.redplanettoys.com

Last edited:
I'd go for an expression I like to describe as stern and "slightly pissed" :lol

I'll see if I can find some reference pics...

Last edited:
I'd go for an expression I like to describe as stern and "slightly pissed" :lol

I'll see if I can find some reference pics...

Reference pics will definitely help. I've looked around and it seems that Viggo's face is rather "normal" throughout the LOTR movies. I guess most people felt the same since this thread got about 61 views and no comments.

Eric

Here is a pic of stern and slightly pissed. I like it. There are bigger pics of this expression in google images. If we go with this expression and you can't find a bigger image, let me know. Thanks!!

aragorn.jpg

Yup, that pic kinda illustrates what I'm thinking about. Can't post images directly from my workcomputer, but I have some more pics and will upload them as soon as I get home.

Sorry to double-post the same idea as I did at OSW, but I'd say that since Viggo is a very understated actor, most of the expression for him will be in the painting of the eyes. The shot above from ROTK shows a slight frown, and that's about as extreme as he gets unless he's actually fighting.

It's terrific that Erick is offering to revisit this to differentiate it from the other two sculpts. I think the best thing he could do is get out the lighter fluid and brush and make the skin smoother -- the brow could be much smoother. LOTR was in production and post-production a long time, and Viggo was a younger man when he played Aragorn. For Eastern Promises, he was battle-worn as well as scarred, and for Appaloosa he was weathered and grizzled. There are links in this thread's counterpart at OSW that remind us of how youthful Aragorn was by comparison.

Back