Calling all Darth Vader Helmet pros, you’re my only hope: Jazwares Vault D.Vader primalux costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://shop.jazwares.com/products/...icial-primalux-costume?variant=41600304808009

IMG_3164.jpeg
IMG_3165.png
IMG_3163.jpeg
IMG_3161.png
IMG_3160.png
IMG_3162.jpeg

Ever since I picked up 2 clone trooper helmets from the black series (regular clone and capt Rex)…I thought…since I started this journey, why not go for the most iconic helmet there is: Vader.

I don’t know squat on props outside of a few lightsabers. So I don’t know which brand is good, most accurate and so forth.

I ask you Vader helmet historians…does this Jazwares helmet pass the test?

Now, i may be interested in Vaders helmet…but the price has to be reasonable. However…I feel like…if I’m gonna spend upwards of $500-$700…why the hell not go for the full costume? But the helmet must pass the trials….YOUR trials.

Please drop me your opinions fellow collectors!

To me this helmet is completely off…
Yeah it looks like a Vader’s helmet and mask from distance but nothing is accurate. Looks like a knock off of the Hasbro V2 or a plastic fancy helmet.

If you can afford a few hundreds of $ more, I highly recommend you to look at fan made works like Quasimodo (skunkprops)
Quasimodo ESB:
IMG_5275.jpeg

Or Mike warren:
IMG_5274.jpeg

Even the more modest (but still fiberglass) New Image Prop is a better option IMO…

IMG_5276.jpeg

You could also try to find the Anovos that was very good.
IMG_5277.jpeg

Even the plastic PCR from EFX is a better option. (ANH version)
IMG_5278.jpeg

Last edited:
To me this helmet is completely off…
Yeah it looks like a Vader’s helmet and mask from distance but nothing is accurate. Looks like a knock off of the Hasbro V2 or a plastic fancy helmet.

If you can afford a few hundreds of $ more, I highly recommend you to look at fan made works like Quasimodo (skunkprops)
Quasimodo ESB:
View attachment 715862
Or Mike warren:
View attachment 715863

Even the more modest (but still fiberglass) New Image Prop is a better option IMO…

View attachment 715867

You could also try to find the Anovos that was very good.
View attachment 715872

Even the plastic PCR from EFX is a better option. (ANH version)
View attachment 715873

My man!! Thank you for this comprehensive list!! Yeah either ROTJ or ESB. Those are my favorites. I know EP3 and beyond have the symmetrical helmets and are “technically” better…but ROTJ and ESB had a more intimidating look. Can’t explain why I feel that way.

So my eyes are drawn to the Anovos one. With your expertise…between Quasimodo, Warren and Anovos…which is THE one?

You’re right, ESB and ROTJ are really spectacular in terms of look.
Now the chase begins…

Even if it was a licensed product, the Anovos is not produced anymore if I remember correctly. So maybe difficult to find.

In a general way, fan made are often more accurate than licensed ones.
Mike Warren’s helmets are not cheap. Almost 900 $ if I’m not wrong.
Bookface ( Quasimodo/skunkprops) is about 800 $. But both need to wait approx 6 months to get in hand.
I waited mine (Quasimodo ESB) almost a year but no regret. It’s a fantastic piece.
You can’t go wrong with all. After all it’s a matter of sensibility. Personally, I felt in love when I saw the Quasi for the first time. Sweats 100% Vader IMO.
:)
IMG_5280.jpeg

Fun fact, if I remember correctly, for Rogue One, it’s a Quasimodo ANH modified helmet that was used on set.

Back