Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Paratrooper is single finest PF they have ever produced; too bad it doesn't appear to be a line that more collectors are interested in. :gah:

Nevertheless, they've shown how much quality and TLC they can put into a piece with that. Since they bragged the hell out of it, I'd expect no less efforts on a Joe PF. Especially if they expect to coheres the hardcore 1:6 crowd to bite.

Calling BS on that bud. You saw the Crete German Paratrooper. Everything looks awesome on him and it's all cloth there. Sideshow should've shown as much love to CC as they did him. SS is right. He looks cheap. It looks like they cut corners to hurry him out. This is especially obvious when compared to the Paratrooper.

I've seen that piece in person yes. He does look very awesome. Guess we will have to disagree on the piece though as I like it how it looks minus the things I mentioned. As far as Small Studios I don't take much from what he says.

I think his buckles should look like they are platinum plated, or at least silver or chrome. He has a cape and an officer's rope but not a polished metal belt buckle on his dress uniform??

The only thing I don't care for is the material of the uniform. The felt 'feels' wrong to me. It should be a lighter, less thick material. But I'd wait for full pics before bashing it. We go through this with EVERY piece don't we? :lol

I do think that realistic jacket/shirt material would be superior to the felt material they seem to be using there. But it doesn't look any cheaper than a given Marvel character wearing pajamas IMO.

I think the look they were going for is the wool military jacket. I turned this, a German M40 elite assult gunner Panzer fieldgray wool wwII replica:

gupj-002.jpg

Into this:

6c9e3d26.jpg

75197481.jpg

394eb0b8.jpg

And at 1/4 or 1/6 scale I think it would look like felt. :dunno

Not only does the uniform on the Paratrooper look good, the Red Skull PF had a very well done uniform. IMHO, it looks like Sideshow has cut corners on CC's clothing (I agree that it looks like felt).

I dunno, seemed obvious to me they were going for wool. Works for me. I just don't know if I want to get into the PF world... I don't really have the room for 'em, but it might be nice to get one, and this is the first one they're doing so...

I dunno, seemed obvious to me they were going for wool. Works for me. I just don't know if I want to get into the PF world... I don't really have the room for 'em, but it might be nice to get one, and this is the first one they're doing so...

It is always good to have at least one in your collection.

Flint vs. Zartan is a dream come true for me. But that's about what it takes to get me to buy a diorama. 1/4 scale or bust for me in general when it comes to statues--cloth outfit, sculpted outfit, doesn't matter.

I'm all in with anything Joe's related and in statue format. I'm just cool on the Hot Toys Joe's...:pfft:

Really happy they Sieshow went with the dull looking mask...:yess:

Did you miss the Dios somehow? :dunno Those are statues too.

I'm just afraid the PF line will hurt the 12" line. It seems whenever Sideshow does a PF line and a 1:6 line, the 1:6 line suffers. Most of the time we get highly demanded characters (ie Baroness) in PF first and then have to wait years for the really demanded 1:6 version to come out. So the same might happen with this Cobra Commander. Now we'll have to wait years for this version in 1:6 since both the dio and this feature the helmeted head.

But if the dio is any indication, we might get more than 1 swap out head on this.

Yes, I have the Snake Eyes Dio', but I want a singular statue of my Joe's.

... joe's are action figure dolls. PF? meh.

Didn't all action figures start out that way? Just now it's time for some evolution of the line and the wait has been long enough.

Looks good, but GI JOE wasn't meant to be PF statutes. Hate when SS takes a line and milks it with, PF's, Dioramas, LSB & full scale Bust. Wish they would just put all their attention to 1/6 figures for this line.

Why does it matter if you still get your HT Joe's figurines? Can't us statue collectors and as Joe's fans have our niche scratched? Don't understand why some have such a huge problem with the Joe line being extended into the polystone way...:yess:

If that is what Hasbro implied, then why didn' they just do it. Destro has had plenty of chromed heads and there have only been a handful of Cobra Commanders that have been chromed, and most (if not all of them) within just the last 5 years.

You guys can't sc.ream you want figures of your old 3 3/4" figures and then complain when you get what you want because its not a certain way that is different from the original figure. Look at the original hooded Cobra Commander figure. His outfit was dark blue. If this figure comes with a hooded head (ex or not) he would be accurate to that figure and your whining therefore should cease right? I'm not saying I don't agree with some of the points made in this thread (I would prefer a lighter blue uniform and a bigger Cobra, but I still like what we are getting here), but I swear some of you are never happy with what Sideshow gives us.

OMG...amen brother! After pretty much reading the rest of this thread...:goodpost: It's like some of the hardcore Joe's figurine fans are really bothered by this new line of STATUE Joe's coming out.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCommander.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The collar might be sculpted due to the switch out heads. Its possible the entire neck comes out with the head, which would probably be difficult to pull off with a little strip of cloth collar.

Oh, makes sense, and makes me like this more...

Must resist...

Can't wait to see what's in store when we are able to fully view this CC PF! I'm very interested in seeing if Sieshow gives us another portrait. But it is a PF and swap out portraits is a staple on the PF line.

Never hurts to try something new...:D

Back