Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to see what's in store when we are able to fully view this CC PF! I'm very interested in seeing if Sieshow gives us another portrait. But it is a PF and swap out portraits is a staple on the PF line.

Yep, I'm looking forward to the full reveal (and hoping for no sticker shock) on Tuesday. I'm also hoping the exclusive is the hooded portrait because that is my personal favorite look for the Commander. What else could it be, certainly not his cane!

Also, still worried about that "iron on." Anyone think that may be problematic?

So happy they didn't go with the chrome mask...:hi5:

You realize though that he had a chrome mask in the cartoons and such right? It would make more sense to go that route if you're trying to be faithful to that. Only reason not to go with it is because its just gonna be much more hassle than it could be worth to try in production.

You realize though that he had a chrome mask in the cartoons and such right? It would make more sense to go that route if you're trying to be faithful to that. Only reason not to go with it is because its just gonna be much more hassle than it could be worth to try in production.

I here you brother Josh, but really I could go with either mask they choose to give us. Plus I think if it's something that you really want for this PF and Sideshow doesn't chrome it for us. I don't see it being that expense to have it done yourself.

I here you brother Josh, but really I could go with either mask they choose to give us. Plus I think if it's something that you really want for this PF and Sideshow doesn't chrome it for us. I don't see it being that expense to have it done yourself.

I wouldn't risk it myself if I was getting this I would find some way to muck it up. :lol

There is a possibility that the chrome would look a bit cheap. The dull silver similar to the figure doesn't bother me too much.

Thats what I'm saying is either they tried it and it looked cheap or more of a pain to pull off in production.

The lack of chrome on the mask is simply because Sideshow doesn't have the balls (or skills) to do stuff like that. Otherwise, more of their 1/6 products would have things like lights and products like C-3P0 and the Ark wouldn't be dull gold paint. Chroming is really difficult to pull off and potentionally costly if you don't know how to do it right.

So, yeah, I think they copped out and went cheap here. That said, it's more forgiveable since the original RAH Commander figure has this same dull silver facemask.

But, I'm concerned now for any version of Destro and other things like 1/4 C-3P0. They simply will not look good enough unless vacu-metalized & chromed.

The lack of chrome on the mask is simply because Sideshow doesn't have the balls (or skills) to do stuff like that. Otherwise, more of their 1/6 products would have things like lights and products like C-3P0 and the Ark wouldn't be dull gold paint. Chroming is really difficult to pull off and potentially costly if you don't know how to do it right.

Hell, Hot Toys doesn't even try to chrome stuff on their figures either that I can think of so I can't blame Sideshow for not using it much either honestly. If its costly to do in production and hard to make it turn out right thats kind of smart business finding something suitable as an alternative. Don't think that has anything to do with Balls or skills.

Well here's a little something that I found for those of us that can't wait for the full reveal...

CCommander.jpg

5495759933_9c1f28b351_z.jpg

5495759907_b0f42aa577_b.jpg

Looks like the hooded CC we'll be getting and I couldn't be happier...:yess:

I do see it being expensive if professionally done and difficult for us to get it done by ourselves.

If you guys want chrome so bad, go buy a motorcycle and STFU.

What the hell does motorcycles have to do with this? That's like saying if you want it painted go buy a house. :dunno

:)

I do see it being expensive if professionally done and difficult for us to get it done by ourselves.

I don't remember the company name off hand, but they chromed a lot of the Bowen action posed Silver Surfer. I know that he was only charging a $100 for the chroming of that piece. I can't see him charging $100 just to chrome the face mask.

Well here's a little something that I found for those of us that can't wait for the full reveal...

5495759907_b0f42aa577_b.jpg

Looks like the hooded CC we'll be getting and I couldn't be happier...:yess:

Yeah, I think unfortunately I'm going to be like a fat kid on cake with this as the exclusive. It has to be fully sculpted, right? You wouldn't want to try fabric at 1/4 scale, would you? It has to fall right over his shoulders, etc.

Damn I was hoping he didn't have the high boots and had the pants over shoes look instead. Oh well.

He may still have the look you are after, since in those digital sculpt images he is pretty much buck naked. The boots do look quite a bit worked out and sculpted, so maybe they are leaning toward tucked in...

I'm liking this more and more. :D

Damn, and I just noticed his pistol behind his back, and you can see from the sneak peak his arm is bent at the elbow, so it should be there. I'm guessing we will have the option for cape on or off, otherwise you will likely never see that pistol.

More and more. :D

Back