Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That computer sculpt has me a little worried and not just because CC is naked there :lol

The 'staff' in his hand is just too small. It looks like a baby rattle. Which would serve for his cartoon whining tantrums :lol

But also the boots. CC had shoes that the pants strap went under. We won't be getting that if that sculpt holds true to what we are getting. I was hoping for a full ARAH/cartoon styled CC and those boots would ruin it.

And lastly, I'm not liking the hood being sculpted. Its called PREMIUM format for a reason. There is no reason they can't get a decent hood made out of light weight fabric in 1/4 scale. I'll cut them slack on 1:6, but at this size, it really needs to be cloth. It would just look out of place having a sculpted fabric hood over a full fabric outfit.

I'm sure the cape is removable, probably not even going to be packaged on the figure. Even the Darth Vader PF's cape was seperate and he didn't have swapable heads.

Well I, for one, love that they decided to sculpt the hooded version. Would have been dumb to sculpt the hood; just don't see how that would have worked or flowed together, especially after seeing the digital sculpt.

P.S.

Premium Format doesn't mean that the full statue will have mixed media from head to toe. I might be wrong, but what PF do we have that's done that way???:dunno

I think it's possible to do a 1/4 fabric hood properly if they gave it a good go. But I seriously doubt they did that. My guess is it's sculpted. Reason being to see the eyes better.

In the meantime I'll pray for fabric. :pray:

yeah im really hyped to see this piece now. I really dont have much more financial freedom to get something else, but damn I love Cobra Commander and its going to be hard to pass. So far I love him, so Im hoping maybe I'll find something that bugs me so I can pass it.

I think a sculpted hood will look a lot better than one made of cloth at that scale.

They really should have made the stirrup pants however. Tucking them in the boots (assuming the final matches the concept rendering) is a huge disappointment.

That computer sculpt has me a little worried and not just because CC is naked there :lol

The 'staff' in his hand is just too small. It looks like a baby rattle. Which would serve for his cartoon whining tantrums :lol

But also the boots. CC had shoes that the pants strap went under. We won't be getting that if that sculpt holds true to what we are getting. I was hoping for a full ARAH/cartoon styled CC and those boots would ruin it.

And lastly, I'm not liking the hood being sculpted. Its called PREMIUM format for a reason. There is no reason they can't get a decent hood made out of light weight fabric in 1/4 scale. I'll cut them slack on 1:6, but at this size, it really needs to be cloth. It would just look out of place having a sculpted fabric hood over a full fabric outfit.

I'm sure the cape is removable, probably not even going to be packaged on the figure. Even the Darth Vader PF's cape was seperate and he didn't have swapable heads.

Sculpted cloth mask is a must. The cloth look probably wouldn't sit and look right. Also, I wished you told me you had a DiD horse. :( I wanted one. Have any other DiD stuff?

I think a sculpted hood will look a lot better than one made of cloth at that scale.

They could presumably sculpt the head, but cover it with some kind of cloth to give it texture... perhaps?

What time is the reveal? I really want this and I am not the biggest G.I. Joe fan. Hopefully he'll come with changeable hands with one holding a gun and one his sceptor thing.

They're up.

The Exclusive Cobra Commander Premium Format Figure, which will include a switch-out hooded portrait for alternate display will be priced at $299.99 and have an Edition Size of 500 pieces!

2niqvip.jpg

2mm8t1x.jpg

2m85geu.jpg

15rgwgw.jpg

2vb3bpi.jpg

2it38yg.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say (since I'm a kid of the 80's) that I grew up with G.I. Joe and never cared too much about the good guys, except Snake Eyes, but sure loved the bad guys...with Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow, and Destro at the top.

Back