Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also been googling the timeline. The OT was set in the late 20th century and FR in the mid 21st. So for them all to fit you'd have to ignore any date references in the OT and bring it into the 21st.

(Miller has confirmed all the films are still part of the same universe, though the sequence of events can be hazy. But FR does come after BT)
Kinda like how modern Trek has moved up the date of the Eugenics Wars since we all know Khan didn't take over the world in 1996. Lol

3e6sdskr16yb1.gif
IMG_9419.jpeg

Oh, was there Theron/Hardy drama? Do tell...

Actually the entire experience of making that movie was pure drama.
Take a look at this, if you have some time:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/12/movies/mad-max-fury-road-oral-history.html
It's a good read and it gives some real insight into what was going on...

Here's the gist of the Theron/Hardy/Miller drama:

Tensions could run high on the set, where the principal cast was crammed into one vehicle for most of the blockbuster-length shoot.
THERON The biggest thing that was driving that entire production was fear. I was incredibly scared, because I’d never done anything like it. I think the hardest thing between me and George is that he had the movie in his head and I was so desperate to understand it.
MILLER There was a high degree of difficulty on the film, and unless you are entirely rigorous about safety, something is inevitably going to go wrong. That was my biggest anxiety — it’s something I’d experienced before [when a stuntman broke his leg], and it gnaws at you. I guess the actual working process of the actors, I probably should have paid more attention to.
HUNTINGTON-WHITELEY There was a lot of tension, and a lot of different personalities and clashes at times. It was definitely interesting to sit in a truck for four months with Tom and Charlize, who have completely different approaches to their craft.
KRAVITZ Tom really had moments of frustration, of anger. Charlize did, too, but I feel like he’s the one who really took it out on George the most, and that was a bummer to see. But you know, in some ways, you also can’t blame him, because a lot was being asked of these actors and there were a lot of unanswered questions.
THERON In retrospect, I didn’t have enough empathy to really, truly understand what he must have felt like to step into Mel Gibson’s shoes. That is frightening! And I think because of my own fear, we were putting up walls to protect ourselves instead of saying to each other, “This is scary for you, and it’s scary for me, too. Let’s be nice to each other.” In a weird way, we were functioning like our characters: Everything was about survival.
HARDY I would agree. I think in hindsight, I was in over my head in many ways. The pressure on both of us was overwhelming at times. What she needed was a better, perhaps more experienced, partner in me. That’s something that can’t be faked. I’d like to think that now that I’m older and uglier, I could rise to that occasion.

I'll be curious to see if there's any action sequence in the new movie as incredible as that motorbike scene from FR, when we watch Max and Furiosa team up for the first time, along with that amazing score.

Back