Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone tried swapping heads with the Farmboy/Smuggler figs?

I really want to see this. Also, I hope someone tries to put the Han head on a truetype body an dress him in the Smuggler and Bespin outfits.

Well mine came Saturday, they look great with perfect paint... but the necks of the TrueTypes are too dark compared to the heads. May have to find lighter necks.

AK! You found the old post! :monkey4 :monkey4 Great, now we'll hear all the whiney rants about how awful it looks! :lol

Basically bud, there's an easy way, but if you ^^^^ up, you're ^^^^ed. :lol And then there's the $15 way. Let me know which way you wanna lean.

I dunno, that Luke looks kinda chunky. :monkey3

Anyone know Sideshow policy on replacing parts instead of whole figures?

Got mine today, Han is OK - bit of slop round the hair line, but eyes are reasonably straight.

However luke's shoulder strap on the left side has been moved after it was glued. Leaving a nasty blemish in the paint and a squewed strap.

I'm hoping they will just post out a replacement chest armour and maybe a new head for Han.

I'm in the UK so posting them back for replacements seems a waste of cash/time on all sides!

Yeah it seems there's not just paint issues, but shoulder armor strap issues as well.

IMG_4380.JPG

Whoa Krayt, that would definitely bother me. Sorry your figure came that way. Hopefully they take care of it for you.

Got home today and opened my Han and luke set...has to go back. Han has two eyes looking the wrong way...just terrible paint work on the eyes...too bad as Luke looks great
009-1.jpg

Han has ginger Eyebrows as well :confused:

Did anybody get a bad one at the Con? And if so, did you complain to them about it?
In fact did anybody raise the issue of poor paint jobs to Sideshow in general?

Anyone know Sideshow policy on replacing parts instead of whole figures?

Got mine today, Han is OK - bit of slop round the hair line, but eyes are reasonably straight.

However luke's shoulder strap on the left side has been moved after it was glued. Leaving a nasty blemish in the paint and a squewed strap.

I'm hoping they will just post out a replacement chest armour and maybe a new head for Han.

I'm in the UK so posting them back for replacements seems a waste of cash/time on all sides!

Yep, that's how both my chest armors came out:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1863497&postcount=1894

I was wondering about the same thing, whether I needed to send back the whole thing or if they can just send new replacement pieces. I figure with you, they might just send you the replacement since shipping overseas is so expensive, and since you only want a new Han head and one chest piece. I figure they'll want me to send it all back since I would want both chest pieces, a new Han head and one new Stormie helmet. I am getting a little more worried now that more people seem to be coming out to complain about problems with these two. I'm just hoping I don't get a set that's WORSE than what I have.

But there have been plenty of people on this board that have gotten perfect figures, so the bad ones are probably still in the minority.

Whoa Krayt, that would definitely bother me. Sorry your figure came that way. Hopefully they take care of it for you.

Unfortunately for me (and fortunately for Krayt), that's my Han. :(

I filled out Sideshow's online form for a replacement, so I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

To answer the earlier poster who asked how I fixed Luke's floppy hip. I stripped the armor and body suit off and found the screw in the hip ball joint was a little loose or starting to strip out. I took it out and put a little super glue on the screw and screwed it back in. Then I moved the joint so the glue didn't set in the joint and glue it together. It worked pretty good but then I stuck a little glue in the joint itself and worked the joint back and forth until the glue was dry. It is nice and tight now.

Where is there a screw on the armor body? I have a floppy leg snake eye.

Good luck on your replacement Jim, I still think the issues are in the minority of figures, but it does seem like the percentage is growing.

why not just poop on your head and call it an exclusive.:dunno

Because you woulnt be able to tell it from the regular. :monkey3

well i just canceled mine before it shipped. they just don't seem worth it to me especially with the sloppiness of the paint and the shoulder straps. plus i got vader and predator on this month's CC. don't want to add another $200.

Paint is perfect on mine. The open mouths sculpts still have a bit of a "duh, me blow up death star" look to them, but they're cool.

well i just canceled mine before it shipped. they just don't seem worth it to me especially with the sloppiness of the paint and the shoulder straps. plus i got vader and predator on this month's CC. don't want to add another $200.

Smart move.

Back