Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just picked one up for $345, so I think it's a fair price considering this is a figure that's practically nowhere to be found.

Did anyone ever take pics of the neck mod? I'd love to see what was done before trying anything myself. Thanks in advance! :rock

Not sure if this is exactly how mokneyrobotmaster did his, but I had an extra neck lying around so I thought I'd give this a shot:

First I took the rubber insert out. Then I used a dremel and sawed off the bottom 1/4" of the neck.

Then sawed the bottom half of the insert off so it was flush with the neck bottom, and glued into the neck.

what was removed:

Next I drilled and sanded out the inside of the neck so that it could accomodate the ball connected to the top of the neck post. Then just attach the shortened neck to the head, and attach head to body. If done right it should click in there and feel safely secured.

I think the impact of this mod is lessened somewhat on my figure because I already trimmed the bottom of the cowl and therefore the neck doesn't flare it out like it would if it was still stock.

The three stages of my OC Batman:

Stage 1 (and the ill-fated glued pegs...:slap)

Stage 2 (trimmed cowl)

Stage 3 (shortened neck)

The change is subtle from stage 2 to 3, but it does look more compact in person.

I know, I gotta futz the pegs a bit....

OH NICE WORK MR. PENNY!!! Definetely another mod that needs to be done if I decide to touch my OC
:borg:

Just to be clear about your mod--do you need to trim the cowl down, too, after you trim the neck and rubber insert? Or will it look considerably better if you just trim the neck and insert?

That looks great.

Thanks vodoun.

Ah, nice and easy... tons of necks laying around so this should be a snap to try out. Thanks Pennyworth!

Thank you Pennyworth. Gonna buy me a dremmel soon and do this.

OH NICE WORK MR. PENNY!!! Definetely another mod that needs to be done if I decide to touch my OC
:borg:

No problem guys. :hi5: Just following monkneyrobotmaster's lead.

Just to be clear about your mod--do you need to trim the cowl down, too, after you trim the neck and rubber insert? Or will it look considerably better if you just trim the neck and insert?

You don't need to trim the cowl to do this mod. You may want to warm it up a bit so it's good and pliable and can bend more. Lowering the neck will allow 1/4" more of the cowl to be in contact with the chest and it should bend outward more. With mine already being trimmed, I didn't have this effect. Best thing to do is try the mod with an extra neck, see how it looks. I wouldn't touch the cowl if you don't have to. I only did it because of some unslightly glue damage.

anyone got the balls to do this mod??

seeing as how someone on the TDK thread took out the PERS (to readjust the lazy eye), anyone brave enough to give the OC head PERS? i figure it's all about hollowing out the head, carving out the eyes, then...well, you know, attach the PERS from an extra DX head.

i know, it's nuts. but not gonna lie, this idea has always been in the back of my mind, and i always THINK about it whenever i pick up the OC fig to look at.

I'm just going to wait for HT to do a DX version instead :pray:

You'll be waiting a long time then. As wookster once said on Mediworld they aren't revisiting this figure. I think that was a year ago... More so TDK line.

I keep thinking of TDK tapes and discs when I see that.

TDK%20D60.JPG

You'll be waiting a long time then. As wookster once said on Mediworld they aren't revisiting this figure. I think that was a year ago... More so TDK line.

I keep thinking of TDK tapes and discs when I see that.

TDK%20D60.JPG

True :) But there's no harm in hoping :wave

In any case, I've opted to get the HT OC Bats that a local collector was offering me.

Look what just showed up yesterday thanks to board member tigerknight.

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

Da** cool in box....he might just stay that way. :cuckoo::lol

I will hunt you down if you leave that in the box.

:lol

My god man it's only a toy...a VERY expensive toy, the most I've ever spent on one. That's what I keep telling myself....

I'm sure he's getting cracked open this afternoon....maybe. :)

Back