Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything that isnt a military figure falls under the MMS, so thats nothing special.

Anyway, have you guys seen the Aldo Raine, Godfahter or T-800 figures.

Those figures are part of the MMS and are probably 3 of HT best figures. DX really just means you get a fancy (although I think its kind of ugly) stand and the PERS.

For this figure, I'd rather a cool crystal base, or something scene specific and PERS would likely not work due to the short hair.

Just because he has short hair doesn't necessarily mean that it can't have PERS. Look at Batman. They just put magnets in the head and neck to make it work. If they did that with Reeve then it would work. In fact I think it would be a great thing to give this Superman the DX treatment given what kind of icon he is.

So how do the eyes on the DX Batman work, I don't have it so I'm not familiar with its design.

Either way I still don't think it makes much of a difference. But, if they do decide to go crazy with it, I'd still be down for a heat ray head with light up red eyes :lol

EDIT: Just did some research (looking at Wookster's review) to find out about the eyes. I have to say, that is very impressive and could definitely work with this figure.

Last edited:
They can do whatever they want this character i just only want to see somenthing!!!..........

it would be great to see:
Superman
Clark Kent
Superman 3 (Bad mode)
ZOD
Ursa
Non
Luthor
Lois
and even the Nuclear Man (LOL)

heck i even buy Otis, Ms TessMacher, and Lenny!!!

:wave

What they did with the DX Batman was very impressive. I think it would be great if they did the same heads at they did with DX Batman. PERS eyes and another head for head vision. But heat vision isn't that important to me. What I'd love to see is a Kryptonite base and a piece of Kryptonite rock for a custom Lex. Also since it would be a DX then I'd like to see a Clark outfit as well.

I don't care if HT call it a DX or not or even if they do two seprate figs, I just NEED a Christopher Reeve Supes AND Kent on my shelf.

I think they don't know how important this character is, probably we all here are sick nerds but they (Hot Toys) have to understand that every single pieces they have sculpted have existed because of Superman, and Christopher reeve is the one and only, even if Nolan 2012 version proves me wrong that 1978 movie means a lot and it deserves a premium format (not sideshow) treatment from Hot Toys right now!!!!

I think they don't know how important this character is, probably we all here are sick nerds but they (Hot Toys) have to understand that every single pieces they have sculpted have existed because of Superman, and Christopher reeve is the one and only, even if Nolan 2012 version proves me wrong that 1978 movie means a lot and it deserves a premium format (not sideshow) treatment from Hot Toys right now!!!!

I agree. I'm sure Nolan's Superman will be great, but there will only be one Reeve Supes. It's a huge childhood memory for so many.

Same goes for Keaton Bats.

I'm a 90's kid,and that performance is an incredibly important part of my childhood,that just goes to show that when you have a performance that inspires and spans multiple generations.That's when you know you have something special,that's when you know you have an icon.Also,I believe Richard Donner deserves an M icon figure because without him,it may not have turned out the way it did.Not to mention how many more childhood memories he created with The Goonies.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back