Hot Toys Christopher Reeve DX Superman petition.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. This is just a HT wish list thread.

I thought it was something much worse.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rwi_JLDgEUI&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Rwi_JLDgEUI&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

No, I really feel the same way. Sometimes, I'm ashamed of the price I pay for a mere piece of plastic when I look at the news and see people that have trouble buying food for their kids.

I love collecting, but this is just a hobby and when you see how prices have more than doubled in just a few years makes me think that smart toy companies have found and killed the golden goose. Trouble is, we're stupid enough to follow blindly... :(

How did they kill the Golden Goose? Its still paying them well...Hot Toys figures sell for $150+ and even more on EBAY...

I don't understand why people complain about the prices of figures...You guys have to figure the cost of making, marketing, licenses rights, designers, sculptors and other costs. Yeah, I would love to pay under $100 for a Batman, Superman, etc...But with all those costs...It goes up and up...

Man...I saw this thread bumped and hoped that some news had come through....wake me when Wookster points the official pics.

How did they kill the Golden Goose? Its still paying them well...Hot Toys figures sell for $150+ and even more on EBAY...

I don't understand why people complain about the prices of figures...You guys have to figure the cost of making, marketing, licenses rights, designers, sculptors and other costs. Yeah, I would love to pay under $100 for a Batman, Superman, etc...But with all those costs...It goes up and up...

Sorry, you're right, the golden goose isn't dead yet since we're that golden goose! So I wrote too fast!

But definitely not! It's not worth the price. A HT fig is overpriced (well any fig as a matter of fact!) if it's higher than $60. Most Chinese employees are underpaid so there's no way the price is right.

The thing is companies have tried increasing the prices to see if we would follw. We did! So why not milk us till we're dry?

So yes, these are things of beauty, but hell, it all started as toys with companies like Mego or Hasbro. So they should remain at affordable price. If you think $150 is an okay price, then you are probably rich. I'm not poor, but I'm middle class and I think that enough is enough!

I could easily afford most of the latest HT products, but I've decided to become more picky. So no Sarah Connor or T1000 for me! It's just not right to pay that much for a toy...

I couldnt agree more...the price for these shouldnt be more than 100 dollars
i can justified a little bit more hot toys for increasing the prices because at the same time increased their quality but hell i cannot understand sideshows increases on prices...their paint applications remain the same as before 10 years and i cannot find the reason to buy statues for 350-800 usd if i can buy enterbays bruce lee for the half of it which at the same time blows everything out of the water to terms of paint application in comparison with sideshow...most of sideshows products needs repaint

From my OSB facebook page!!!

38240_426137059584_329989274584_4591671_788173_n.jpg

Oh yea, bump!!

I would absolutely love to own this figure! I recently found the capedwonder website, and it has only made me anticipate their announcement even more now. We can only hope he will be at the Tokyo Toy Show. *crosses fingers*

It will be!! they know they have to or else........:medic :lol

I would even take a hot toys tease like showing only the cape at comic con just to know that it is a sure go

Where is SUPERMAN!?!? For some reason I thought today would be the day. I want to see this ____er and any other surprises Hot Toys might have up their sleeve for the 75th anniversary. Fingers crossed for Keaton Batman (who would be an excellent piece along side this Reeves Superman).

With Terminator 2/1 and Iron Man 2 I can't see Reeve or Keaton getting revealed until late in the year? more so I doubt it'll be released until sometime before the summer.

So have all their convention reveals been shown? We got Ghost Rider, Platoon, Landa and some more Iron Man, but no Superman?

For shame HT, for shame :lecture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back