1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, it keeps bending my pin... it's really jammed in there.

I dont know how the fur will take it but I usually drop the whole hand in boiling water to soften up the plastic then dig it out with a small screwdriver, it pops right out.

image.jpg

No drills unfortunately, I just slid a solid metal object in between the gaps and gradually pushed the peg part out. Scratched some of the inside of the hand but I figured what the hell, annoying and took a while but at least its out. Same stupid thing happened with my Han figure. Hot Toys needs to do what Sideshow does and include pegs in all their hands, would make this broken-wrist-peg-issue non-existent hopefully. Unfortunately my gloved blaster hand for Han was not painted completely and I have to see if PopCultcha does replacement parts like Sideshow Collectibles. Otherwise I have to pray ToyAnxiety parts it out again for $2 because those $15 eBay prices are insane for 2 hands...

No drills unfortunately, I just slid a solid metal object in between the gaps and gradually pushed the peg part out. Scratched some of the inside of the hand but I figured what the hell, annoying and took a while but at least its out. Same stupid thing happened with my Han figure. Hot Toys needs to do what Sideshow does and include pegs in all their hands, would make this broken-wrist-peg-issue non-existent hopefully. Unfortunately my gloved blaster hand for Han was not painted completely and I have to see if PopCultcha does replacement parts like Sideshow Collectibles. Otherwise I have to pray ToyAnxiety parts it out again for $2 because those $15 eBay prices are insane for 2 hands...

I'm pretty sure you can also request a replacement from sideshow. There is a part on the form where you can state it was bought from a third party and PC get their stock from SS so they will likely replace.

Great pics BuGz, did you do some fur trimming on the feet?
Cheers! Yeah I sure did! I felt there was way too much fur around the feet. I personally think it looks much more movie accurate.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Got to open Chewie on Friday and he’s great! Very tall! He really does look different in person and you see less of his flaws in real life. I didn’t have too much time to futz with him too much but I can see it will be a little bit of a challenge. The most subtle thing you do to the hair makes a big difference, so it’s a lot of very delicate primping. The hair is also a lot more fine than I was expecting and I was impressed by that. The hands were a pain in the butt to change—I kept trying to pull them off from the forearm end, but it was really stuck in there so it was easier to pull it out from the hand end of the peg. Luckily everything looked good with no problems.

Anyway, looking forward to getting Han on Friday!

Thanks mate! I just studied several different pictures of Chewie to get a decent pose and movie look. Just futz man. Futz away!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back