Hot Toys MMS 692 + 693 BATMAN (1989) 1/6 scale Batman 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I let mine go , would have been buyers remorse and the cool diorama isn't worth the price alone !
Agreed. I've already had buyer's remorse recently with DX28 Vader and AOTC Padme. Both of which took a couple weeks to sell so don't want to take a loss on this after paying full price. Rather just eat the NRD.

I’m doing the same,
I believe it’s a great alternative route to take.
I agree. Plus I have 89 Batman represented in 1:1 and Lego form 😁

Attachments

• IMG_8086.jpeg
    IMG_8086.jpeg
    2.7 MB
  • IMG_8088.jpeg
    IMG_8088.jpeg
    1.1 MB
I agree. Plus I have 89 Batman represented in 1:1 and Lego form 😁
Love that cowl man, get some LEDs on it for night.

bat GIF

I’m starting to not mind everything
that releases not being a 10/10.

With the pace of it all, I’m finding myself to quite
enjoy canceling things and reallocating those funds elsewhere on more deserving product.

Also, the less is more approach
is all the more appealing now than it ever was.

The moment the Returns 2.0 was announced,
my desire to fix the problematic one dwindled significantly. I want my collection to be so good that companies really have to wow to replace anything. The only way to do that, is to say no, to a lot.

Sure I could’ve kept my order on the off chance
I’d make an extra $200 or whatever, but honestly,
the prospect of them holding it and just handing back my dues minus $40 is good enough for me. I don’t want to ever deal with an eBay customer ever.

Last edited:
I sold ‘89 2.0 Batman so fast (surprised how many people want this), but I’ll never sell a Hot Toys figure ever again. I can sell 1:12 scale figures more easily and still get most of my money back, but selling a 1:6 scale figure is a whole different ballgame, for some reason. Probably due to size, weight, and higher price? but still, eBay fees are absolutely ridiculous. I learned I would’ve been better off eating my NRD. Lesson learned.

If I preorder HT 2.0 Batman Returns, I have to expect to NEVER, EVER sell it.

I would’ve thought someone would’ve found
a way to rig the new cowl to the DX09 suit by now.

Someone said if you put something behind the faceplates to make them stick out a bit further forward, it improves the likeness. Can anyone confirm?

I would’ve thought someone would’ve found
a way to rig the new cowl to the DX09 suit by now.

It's hard to find someone that have both. People that own DX09 don't have a reason to buy/keep 2.0 and the ones that owns the 2.0 probably never own DX09...plus create one from both makes no sense, too expensive for a mid result...and you will have a lot of fodder lol

Someone said if you put something behind the faceplates to make them stick out a bit further forward, it improves the likeness. Can anyone confirm?
I posted this in a couple of the FaceBook groups. I was looking at the mouthplate on it's own and thought it looked great, I couldn't figure out why it didn't look good in the cowl. I folded up some of the tissue paper that comes under the belt and placed it behind the bottom part of the mouthplate so that the chin sticks out a little farther while the top of the mouthplate sits farther back. Now I think it looks spot on.
20240926_163411.jpg
20240926_162632.jpg
20240926_162935.jpg
20240926_163821.jpg

So, the diorama I bought separately [for a very good price, still some decent folk out there!] has arrived and honestly I am every bit as excited and pleased with it as I hoped.

The diorama steals the show in my cabinet now, in fact I fell in love with it so hard I moved it to my prime/favourite cabinet in my living room to show off and made it into a "classic Batman adaptations" cabinet.
The cabinet is in a corner between two doorways so you can easily see it from multiple angles and I decided to make use of that for this display.
I have my DX08 Jack Joker hanging from the devil-gargoyle in his parade outfit facing the front, so the detailed cathedral side of the dioramas are clearly visible and at the side I have my Returns Batman posed, and honestly IMO it all just works.

The diorama details and painting is spectacular, easily the best diorama or base in my collection - which is saying something given they are a favourite part of the hobby for me.
The paintwork really sells the old and rotten bricks with mold and mildew growing on them, the crumbling and broken stones look great and they have sculpted a really convincing lean in the stonework into the diorama, giving an appearance it can crumble or topple at any moment [in fact I panicked when I first noticed thinking my Joker figure WAS making it topple and darted forward to stop it only to realize the base was secure and flat to the shelf and it was all just an optical illusion. :ROFLMAO: ]
The gargoyle is awesome, has such a presence and they have sculpted him [it?] brilliantly with lots of details and the paintwork shows off these details really well.

Very happy I picked this up, this was definitely the part of this figure's package I was most excited for and I am really grateful to have this without also paying for a lackluster figure whose issues would really bother me.
In my mind it seems like Hot Toys put an enormous amount of effort into this diorama, its easily their best, which is why its so odd they executed the figure itself so poorly.

The Returns figure looks DAMN good with this set, honestly so good I feel no need to now pick up any 89 suit/figure, I even find myself wondering If I even need the Returns 2.0 because I love this set-up so much.
The Returns suit just fits so well, which may seem odd given its from the wrong movie, but the sharpness of the cowl + the smoothness and more minimalist design of the suit just seems to contrast really well with the cragged and broken and rough and chaotic nature of the decayed architecture of the cathedral's diorama.

Anyway - surprisingly long gushing session over, here are some poorly taken pictures.
1727412538511.jpeg
1727412563673.jpeg
1727412578187.jpeg
1727412588875.jpeg
1727412601910.jpeg
1727412622160.jpeg
1727412647229.jpeg
1727412659923.jpeg
1727412672344.jpeg
1727412699965.jpeg
1727412714006.jpeg
1727412724213.jpeg

Looks good man,
Need that Mime Joker, looks like you’ve kept yours in great condition, whites still, white.

I can only hope the family dog hasn’t had a lap around the house with the one I end up finding,
hard to find new these days.

IMG_4647.jpeg

You really love Mime joker.

I respect it.
I’ve never owned it
but always thought it never got enough focus.

For it having the best Nicholson likeness of any of his officially licensed Joker product you’d think you’d see it more often. The fact that they apparently sat for years discounted on SS is crazy to me.

Speaking of discounts,
waiting for more before I PO Returns 2.0.

IMG_4648.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve never owned it
but always thought it never got enough focus.

For it having the best Nicholson likeness of any of his officially licensed Joker product you’d think you’d see it more often. The fact that they apparently sat for years discounted on SS is crazy to me.
It's Nicholson Joker.

Be thankful we got what we have.

You get it.

Back