Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here comes the new OCD thread. On this board, people are never happy with anything and keep whining like six years old kids! :slap

Most of what people don't like won't even be noticeable in 1/6 scale!

First it was DX12, and when they got it in hands, they liked it! Now the Joker! Come on, it's awesome!

If you don't like it, don't pay for it, it's as simple as that!

And if you are rich (well, more rich!), commission a custom that will be exactly the way you like, with Adam's hs and Kato's custom outfit, and be ready to pay much more, because don't expect much better from a mass produced item!:cuckoo:

Whoah whoah whoah... imma stop you right there. You had me until 'not much better than a mass produced item" .... bro do you own a custom figure?!

I'll agree with Avenger so far as to say the original specs said "Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted".

Clearly they changed their approach to painting after the specs were announced. I think most people in this hobby know that happens sometimes.

Don't go all Rainmain about it.

Post 112 of his thread.

So that was what, Jack Sparrow? Hmmm...I don't know if I can agree with that, even if Joker is everything I hope it will be. Jack Sparrow is an amazing figure. :wink1:

Though I'm glad he likes it, since he gets to see about every one of these.

Post 112 of his thread.

DX11 replace DX06 as the best DX so far ~ :panic::panic::panic:

For a factory worker in china who make like $300USD/month, the tailoring is superb.

To me the DX06 is still my favourite DX in terms of sculpt and outfit detail.
The DX11 while it looks great i still don't think its knocks sparrow of the mark, but then thats just my opinion

And here comes the new OCD thread. On this board, people are never happy with anything and keep whining like six years old kids! :slap

Most of what people don't like won't even be noticeable in 1/6 scale!

First it was DX12, and when they got it in hands, they liked it! Now the Joker! Come on, it's awesome!

If you don't like it, don't pay for it, it's as simple as that!

And if you are rich (well, more rich!), commission a custom that will be exactly the way you like, with Adam's hs and Kato's custom outfit, and be ready to pay much more, because don't expect much better from a mass produced item!:cuckoo:

Okay. That has now been said in this thread. As in EVERY other thread on this board. Can we agree that nobody else will say this ever again? :horse :wink1:

Everything looks good to me except the dressing gown coat, but it looked that way in the proto pics too TBH.

Whoah whoah whoah... imma stop you right there. You had me until 'not much better than a mass produced item" .... bro do you own a custom figure?!

I think he was saying not to expect much better from a mass produced item, as in the custom's the best your going to do.

I've got to say, I'm not a Terminator fan (love the movies, but not enough to dig myself that kind of grave), but that's a badass figure.

Jack Sparrow, excuse me, Captain Jack Sparrow is extremely well done. But as must fun as Johnny Depp has chewing up scenery in the Pirates films, the films as a whole just don't excite me. I just can't justify spending DX money on stuff from films I'm meh about, even if there is a standout character.

DX13 is amazing. That's going to be my birthday present to myself.

Yep, several.... But not too expensive because homemade!:lol

But when you see a Kato suit going for 600... Sorry, but I'm not ready to pay that much for an empty suit. HT is my upper limit I guess!

BTW, anyone knows if there is a led in that desk lamp? I don't think so but that would be cool!:)

What's OMG going to say? That this Joker is the second best DX figure, that's it's meh, or mediocre etc.? Hell no, that'd be dumb. He ain't gonna deflate hype, his intent with these pics is to HYPE and excite. Which is great.

Of course he's not going to have any negatives (unless he hasa QC issue), he has some embargo thing with Hot Toys, he ain't going to bad mouth products. He's got this great reputation as a photographer and is excited about everything, :)panic::panic::panic:), and rightfully so. I thought he was gonna bad mouth Luke Skywalker, but nope, never did.

Let's face it, every new figure for the most part is "the best one yet" and hype and excitement obscures our visions until it sits on our shelves for awhile collecting dust. This most certainly applies to the DX line. This time last year, almost exactly to the day we were all pumped and excited by the OMG, Luka, and all the other photographer pics for the DX 09 '89 Keaton Batman. Everyone was touting it as "best figure ever" and people on facebook were pissing themselves, AND it was selling for $300+ on ebay from impatient folks. This was after Capt. Jack.

Now?

I don't know, I've heard him say when a figure disappoints him. That being said, DX 09 is still at the top for me. This'll probably be tied when I get it.:lol

Best figure ever is pretty subjective. I'm more excited by this figure than DX13 because I dug Ledger as Joker. But let's be honest the new T-800 looks like it's going to set the high bar for excellence for some time to follow.

I'm not going to jump on OMG for getting excited about a new figure.

Don't like, don't buy :yess:

Regarding Difab's post though, OMG has been somewhat critical of some figures he has taken pics of before, so I don't think he's acting purely as an HT public relations guy. His pics do that, yes, but his opinions usually seem pretty honest to me.

Back