Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's OMG going to say? That this Joker is the second best DX figure, that's it's meh, or mediocre etc.? Hell no, that'd be dumb. He ain't gonna deflate hype, his intent with these pics is to HYPE and excite. Which is great.

Of course he's not going to have any negatives (unless he hasa QC issue), he has some embargo thing with Hot Toys, he ain't going to bad mouth products. He's got this great reputation as a photographer and is excited about everything, :)panic::panic::panic:), and rightfully so. I thought he was gonna bad mouth Luke Skywalker, but nope, never did.

Let's face it, every new figure for the most part is "the best one yet" and hype and excitement obscures our visions until it sits on our shelves for awhile collecting dust. This most certainly applies to the DX line. This time last year, almost exactly to the day we were all pumped and excited by the OMG, Luka, and all the other photographer pics for the DX 09 '89 Keaton Batman. Everyone was touting it as "best figure ever" and people on facebook were pissing themselves, AND it was selling for $300+ on ebay from impatient folks. This was after Capt. Jack.

Now?

Very true..newest latest is always the best..we are not weary of it yet...
I still think Keaton Bats and DX Sparrow are two of HT's very best figures....

I like this figure. I don't want anyone to think I don't. I'm just a bit disappointed in the printed paint apps (I'm entitled to this despite what some might think), and the robe material choice. I don't think they're going to be big deals with the figure in hand. I'm still looking forward to it, and haven't considered canceling it.

I don't have either of the earlier TDK Jokers, so I don't have skin in the game. It's just we've got a figure here that's starting to approach $300, where they're printing on paint and saying it's hand painted. If I ordered a car with leather seats, and got faux leather seats, I'm not going to be thrilled about that either. If this is about quality, I'm willing to give HT the benefit of the doubt. But, at first glance it strikes me as a shortcut, and that's disappointing as prices continue to rise.

If you disagree, that's cool. We're still friends at the end of the day. But, being this is a forum and not a fan page, I chose to share my thoughts in as unbiased way as I can. If that's somehow threatening to some people, I don't have any response for that. Sounds like a personal problem.

Last edited:
:lecture:goodpost:

True, but even so, you can't deny that every new release is a bit of improvement over the previous one. Just check pics of the first DX joker and the DX 11. There's a whole world between them...

And if there is ever a next one, it will be even better... Or won't sell!

:lecture:goodpost:

True, but even so, you can't deny that every new release is a bit of improvement over the previous one. Just check pics of the first DX joker and the DX 11. There's a whole world between them...

And if there is ever a next one, it will be even better... Or won't sell!

Well yes, I will concede that. We're certainly at a high bar here. I wouldn't argue with you on that. I like that HT tries to think outside the box and try new things. The rubber suit on the Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne figure is a good example. I think it was a failure because it was kind of flimsy and didn't hold shape well, and the paint app rubs off too easy. But, it's flexible and hasn't melted on me yet. They tried something new. Bringing in Kato was a great idea, and we've seen some benefit from it. HT does deserve credit.

And now 89' Joker is in stock at sideshow. :lol

Yup.

Though I have seen it sell out elsewhere but I'm sure the jacked up (pun intended) prices have something to do with it.

I remember when we were all shocked and disgusted when it came out to $265. It was crazy. Now? That's the new norm and it's on the rise.

If people aren't interested in the Exclusive and aren't worried about waiting a tiny bit to get theirs, I bet this sits for awhile and goes for better prices.

I like this figure. I don't want anyone to think I don't. I'm just a bit disappointed in the printed paint apps (I'm entitled to this despite what some might think), and the robe material choice. I don't think they're going to be big deals with the figure in hand. I'm still looking forward to it, and haven't considered canceling it.

I don't have either of the earlier TDK Jokers, so I don't have skin in the game. It's just we've got a figure here that's starting to approach $300, where they're printing on paint and saying it's hand painted. If I ordered a car with leather seats, and got faux leather seats, I'm not going to be thrilled about that either. If this is about quality, I'm willing to give HT the benefit of the doubt. But, at first glance it strikes me as a shortcut, and that's disappointing as prices continue to rise.

If you disagree, that's cool. We're still friends at the end of the day. But, being this is a forum and not a fan page, I chose to share my thoughts in as unbiased way as I can. If that's somehow threatening to some people, I don't have any response for that. Sounds like a personal problem.

Feel the same way. I have the same two main concerns that you do since this morning.

Agree with everything. We're all here to speak our thoughts and opinions, that's what the boards are for.

Repeating my question:

Does anyone knows if there is a led light in the desk lamp?:wave

I don't believe there is.

- One (1) metal-like table with lamp and one (1) chair

**Battery not included for figure stand, 3A batteries (3 pieces) are required

The base is the only thing that lights up.

Anxious little poodles can't wait 3 or 4 weeks and will throw down 4 or 5 hundred dollars. Their bragging rights will be over soon enough.

Back