Hot Toys - MMS DX 11 - TDK: The Joker 2.0 Collectible Figure specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here comes the new OCD thread. On this board, people are never happy with anything and keep whining like six years old kids! :slap

Most of what people don't like won't even be noticeable in 1/6 scale!

First it was DX12, and when they got it in hands, they liked it! Now the Joker! Come on, it's awesome!

If you don't like it, don't pay for it, it's as simple as that!

And if you are rich (well, more rich!), commission a custom that will be exactly the way you like, with Adam's hs and Kato's custom outfit, and be ready to pay much more, because don't expect much better from a mass produced item!:cuckoo:

This is a Toy Forum...we are here to discuss toys...if I have an issue with something this IS the place to bring it up.

I'll agree with Avenger so far as to say the original specs said "Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted".

Clearly they changed their approach to painting after the specs were announced. I think most people in this hobby know that happens sometimes.

Don't go all Rainmain about it.

Just disappointed...again if I was to bring this up to my girlfriend she'd roll her eyes, but after page after page of complaints about socks I figured this is the place to air my thoughts :dunno Anyway I'm still happy with the way it looks, will still definitely get it.

Feel the same way. I have the same two main concerns that you do since this morning.

Agree with everything. We're all here to speak our thoughts and opinions, that's what the boards are for.

:lecture :exactly:

To be fair though, I'm the first to go against 'if you don't like don't buy simples' argument, but some people are getting a little excessive with their negativity.

Almost to the extent that the people who like this are made to feel they can't.

Then again, this is SSF. :lol

What does printed on paint mean?and how do you know its not hand painted?

In OMG's close ups of the face there is a subtle dot pattern around the hairline and some of the red smile makeup. In this pic you can see it between the temple and hair. Dot matrix or silkscreen? Dunno. But not hand painted.

JokerHD313-2_zps80b93a69.jpg

I just cant believe we sre complaining about flaws that need to be magnified to notice..

Paying off my two tommorow..dont like it, dont buy it....

i can't see it either, but i am curious about the process. comparing the paint that overlaps the hairline (white on the hair) between luka's pictures and omg's pictures, they aren't exactly the same (or don't appear to be). if it's controlled by a "printer", wouldn't they be exactly the same?

honest question.

This looks fantastic! Hoping it ships early February, cancelling my Bane, though. Don't feel like picking up both, especially since Bane has no ex.

In OMG's close ups of the face there is a subtle dot pattern around the hairline and some of the red smile makeup. In this pic you can see it between the temple and hair. Dot matrix or silkscreen? Dunno. But not hand painted.

JokerHD313-2_zps80b93a69.jpg

That dot pattern is just texture. Look at the neck

No, you'll notice that in person. Trust me.

And that's not the only point. These are advertised and sold (in the specs and announcements) as being hand painted. I think that's the gripe people have.

Well, it's not hand painted if a computer and tiny pixels are doing it for them. It's not nitpicking, they're NOT hand painted like they say. Not air brushed, not hand done, not anything like that. We all know these are mass produced, that's fine, but you can literally see the paint details being done by computer technology.

Say that, don't label them as hand painted.

That dot pattern is just texture. Look at the neck

No. Study the difference between a one of Rorywan's nice hand painted custom one sixth figures and the paints on this figure.

2-66.jpg

Now look at the furows of the brow, the area between the chin and lower lip. There's a stiple pattern that's not jpeg artifacting.
JokerHD1030_zps1bd5fe00.jpg

I'm still going to enjoy the figure, but accept it for what it is. It is not hand painted.

Here's the best example of what we're talking about when we say "print" and not hand painted,

8363940604_893c636531_b.jpg

Back