Hot Toys MMS DX; your thoughts?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears to me that the MMS DX series will be reserved for "hot sellers" that Hot Toys knows they can get more out of if they do it again. Hate to say it..but it is smart business. They reeled us in with the v1 Joker...got us with an amazing headsculpt on the v2 and sank us with this v3.

It is definitely a great idea, but I do have to agree...please stop tugging us around then HT...do the character right the first time around because now the v1 is practically useless.

Ledger Joker is a particularly iconic, fan favourite character. Just look at all the great customs that fans are buying even though the v.2 is great. HT wouldn't be able to do this with every character.

Plus, I think we all knew when we bought v.1 that there would be more Jokers, we just bought it anyway.

There's no way I'm buying Dutch now, or even an Arnie Terminator if they do one that's not Deluxe - it's practically guaranteed there'll be some kind of better Arnie DX somewhere down the line. But if HT did Rorschach I'm pretty sure there'd only be one shot at the character.

One positive is that TrueTypes will get easier to find if HT needs to sell more to go with all the double outfit DX's.

I have a feeling a James Dean MMS DX is down the line featuring the actor in East of Eden apparel. Hot Toys loves that character, having already made 3 of him.

If the price, for me, isn't too insane I'll probably get. I like the fact that HT is improving their product, but I wished they'd of done it with a new figure. A character in the new Terminator movie would have been a good start. This Joker figure could have been released a year or two down the line when the next Bats movie is released. I don't have the disposable income I once had, so it is going to make me think twice about getting some of HT's figures.

If used properly, the concept of this line is promising. While the poseable eyes is cool, it's not necessary for every character/figure, so you use this extra mile product line for characters that can really benefit from it. From existing HT lines, my first thought after Joker with the eyes was Captain Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean. Another character who's performance is heavily marked by eye gesturing that would really be a sharp figure with this technology incorporated.

Looking to new stuff, HT getting a Terminator 2 license and doing an MMSDX T-800 would be great. To me that would be 3 headsculpts, 2 standard with mild and full BD, one clean portrait with the eye poseability, 2 sets of the costume, one clean one with bullet holes etc and the alternate shirt, and all the proper weapons to arm him.

No. BR Joker comes with the BR mask :duh

I didn't read through the whole thread because I don't have time to do it now, but I ASSUMED that all three Joker versions were combined in this one set, but I didn't see the BR mask. I didn't mean to come off stupid.

I've had a V1 Joker on order since last year and still haven't received it. I may just cancel and get this one.

There aren't any BR Joker parts with this one, Ween, but as long as you can round up another HT body I'd be canceling that other Joker.

Hrmph.
I saw the original 'cop joker' and said it could be a pass...
but with all the goodies, i'm in.

as it is, i've got a
v1 joker using BR head,
v2 joker using a v1 head holding the mask,
custom nurse using BR slicked hair head
and working on an Arkham Asylum joker...

ok HT...Cop joker, and no more!!
please, HT! no more!

I can't say that I am overwhelmed with the eye technology. The overall Joker looks great. It happens to all collectors, there will always be better/different versions of releases that make you regret getting an earlier version. You just have to enjoy what you have and where the technology goes.

The new joker is awesome. the head is perfect, all the hands are cool and the clothes are such an improvement( at least from the pictures). my only gripe is that i just ordered the v1 joker last week. :( And now hot toys comes out with this amazing figure.
I'll still probably get this figure, but it would have been nice if hot toys waited a little longer.

Back