Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars Episode VII: TIE Pilot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I beg to differ. There is no way a full size human head fits in that helmet unless it is eggshell thin.[...]

Hot Toys has done that a lot with helmeted characters -- specifically the Iron Man line. It's something they've consistently botched and I'm just glad their excellent stormtroopers didn't suffer that fate.

It's the best of the TFA troopers to me (the pilots obviously got the Jenny Craig membership that rank-and-file fatroopers didn't) and a cool design but it does seem from these couple of pics the HT version is a little pin-headed.

Is anyone thinking about replacing the helmet with some head and having the figure hold the helmet? There was a video linked to earlier that had a Tony Stark head while holding the helmet which I thought looked pretty cool. Given the flight suit and chest plate seem to hide the definition of the body figure (in pictures anyway), I think you could get away with a male or female head. I don't know if there are any readily available stock male/female head sculpts that aren't obviously from another franchise though.

Is anyone thinking about replacing the helmet with some head and having the figure hold the helmet? There was a video linked to earlier that had a Tony Stark head while holding the helmet which I thought looked pretty cool. Given the flight suit and chest plate seem to hide the definition of the body figure (in pictures anyway), I think you could get away with a male or female head. I don't know if there are any readily available stock male/female head sculpts that aren't obviously from another franchise though.

I've considered that with the other troopers, but I don't know if it will work with this one. The tube is not very flexible (the instruction says it has wire in it). I don't think you will be able to get this one back to factory standard if you bend it.

Line%20Up%202_zpshqrkjn5p.jpg

After looking at everyone's photos, I think the scale looks fine. I would assume that TIE pilots would be thinner and smaller in frame due to the space constraints inside a TIE fighter, and the tech inside the helmets has advanced to the point that the helmet itself is also more compact and light to improve the pilot's range of motion and reflexes. I would compare TFA TIE pilots to horse jockeys: their smaller size is beneficial to their particular job.

Of course, my opinion could change if someone finds a set photo with the actual prop costumes of a TFA Stormtrooper and TIE pilot side by side....

Agree...the helmet is certainly not too small. Look at a current Gentex fighter pilot helmet (HGU-XX) and you can see that they are not as big and bulky as even a motorcycle helmet.

Finally got mine last night after Snowzilla delays. Fantastic figure! Nice to get a TFA trooper with some articulation.

No mangina on that one. I like it. I just ordered one the other day but had my order canceled. Might order with the February code.

Got this guy yesterday and took some quick pics. I really love him. He's so impressive in person. The high-gloss armor and the poseability really make the figure. I do wish there was somewhere to holster the gun, but the design doesn't seem to have a place.

12573668_10105883001359930_9126142714579844260_n.jpg
12642820_10105883001285080_4051299908639525239_n-1.jpg
12654472_10105883001300050_672112035434115556_n.jpg

Back