InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Aragorn 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really want this figure but since its sold out the only option i have in my country are either buy the rooted version for $1000 or the sculpted version for $875. Which version should i go for? Do you think it is not worth buying at all for these prices?

Did you do anything besides futz the hair?

Also, what lighting works best, like to get that type shot? Side-light?
I wet my fingers and a tooth brush and gently brushed it loosening the hair up from the product in it.
These were all outdoor pics as the sun was going down this evening. Tried to get some good natural light shots.

Last edited:
Yeah, I straight up LOOOVE this figure and Gandalf.

But ...

Magnetic.

Wrist pegs.

Make.

Zero.

Sense.

Magnetic pegs have absolutely no sense. They still mechanically key into the socket. You could get rid of the magnets and the pegs would still work. Total non sense.
Agreed! Yet they were praise with being so innovative with them at the time of TDK Joker. I would give them credit if they magnets alone were what was holding the hands to the wrist pegs but there is more than enough friction on the port of the hands considering InArt use a much harder plastic for the hands (to the point of needing a hair dryer/heat gun to properly attached the hands fully) than HT and other companies.

Just got Aragorn today from OSK. Although I'm in the process of moving soon, I took him out to see in hand and honestly this thing is beautiful in hand, man this figure is an absolute grail. I'm actually liking the coat it's so fine and although not the real thing, the material looks enough like leather at a distance. Had to box him back up but when I get a chance to display I'm going to flood this forum with photos. I do wish I'd have kept Gandalf to pair with Aragorn but I'll glady just make this the three hunters display when Legolas and Gimli are made.

I really want this figure but since its sold out the only option i have in my country are either buy the rooted version for $1000 or the sculpted version for $875. Which version should i go for? Do you think it is not worth buying at all for these prices?
No, he is not worth those prices. Although "worth" is subjective. I've overpaid for both WETA pieces and figures but that's just gouging.

The sculpt isn't perfect and neither is the hair. The eyeballs are plastic. The clothes are nice enough but they are inexpensive materials. There's a nice diecast sword and knife. The bows are plastic tho well done. You may or may not get the Ranger cloak. The body is going to age like all plastic. The base is plastic.

Knowing all that and looking at the nice pictures you just can't stand it, and purchase knowing you are getting gouged, carry on and get the rooted, might as well. I've overpaid and just been happy, thankfully. If you can afford it, and you know you will be happy, sure.

On the other hand with a planned Gollum film and Aragorn being popular it's reasonably likely there will be more Aragorns at some point. Good luck deciding!

so frustrating... customs released my Aragorn 4 days ago and it just been sitting in a shipping partners facility in NY,
not moving to the post office, ever since :angryfist:

Really enjoying this figure. Pairing Aragorn and Gandalf together just raises them to another level.

The wrist pegs still aren't the greatest, but way better than Gandalf's. InArt really needs to take these pegs back to the drawing board.View attachment 727874View attachment 727875View attachment 727877

Sword holding tip- the ends of the crossguard should be direted in line over the first set of finger knuckles- not the punching knuckles.
Rotate 90 degres and you'll be correctly alligned.
1727446851261.png

Sword holding tip- the ends of the crossguard should be direted in line over the first set of finger knuckles- not the punching knuckles.
Rotate 90 degres and you'll be correctly alligned.
View attachment 728327

Totally agree. I would just change, for a right handed guy, the rhight hand is near the guard and the left hand is near the pommel. So in the end he doesn't have to rotate the blade but invert the hands. ;)

Odds on the full Fellowship? I can see them skipping Boromir, Merry and Pippin.

If those three are excluded then a lot of collectors are going to want them to complete the Fellowship... It’ll be interesting to see.

Perhaps they’ll play it by ear with the most popular ones first. And if sales are robust they’ll complete the line.

Curious if others are feeling disappointed that the Black Cloak (Strider) was not included with the figure? As I consider it an essential accessory for achieving Aragorn's ranger appearance, and his look from when he’s initially introduced in the movies.

Including exclusives is great, like the gold card with Joker or the mouse with Paul. However, these aren't crucial to the characters. Strider’s Cloak is...

The fact that it was an exclusive item was not clearly communicated. Here are two posts from their Facebook page, which I believe should have specified that it was a direct exclusive item. I appreciate the quality of InArt but find their batch system, not knowing if you’ll have weird QC issues, and their lack of communication regarding delivery is problematic and frustrating.

I don't mind the influencer batches; that's acceptable. However, the interval between sending out influencer batches and shipping to other customers is excessively long.

While I usually have a lot of patience, feeling deceived frustrates me. I initially supported InArt for elevating industry standards beyond the typical 1/6 scale figures. However, they now seem like just another third-party company—offering great quality but lacking business acumen.

I hope they start to figure it out, but it needs to be soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2404.jpeg
    IMG_2404.jpeg
    1.1 MB
  • IMG_2403.jpeg
    IMG_2403.jpeg
    1.5 MB
Curious if others are feeling disappointed that the Black Cloak (Strider) was not included with the figure? As I consider it an essential accessory for achieving Aragorn's ranger appearance, and his look from when he’s initially introduced in the movies.

Including exclusives is great, like the gold card with Joker or the mouse with Paul. However, these aren't crucial to the characters. Strider’s Cloak is...

The fact that it was an exclusive item was not clearly communicated. Here are two posts from their Facebook page, which I believe should have specified that it was a direct exclusive item. I appreciate the quality of InArt but find their batch system, not knowing if you’ll have weird QC issues, and their lack of communication regarding delivery is problematic and frustrating.

I don't mind the influencer batches; that's acceptable. However, the interval between sending out influencer batches and shipping to other customers is excessively long.

While I usually have a lot of patience, feeling deceived frustrates me. I initially supported InArt for elevating industry standards beyond the typical 1/6 scale figures. However, they now seem like just another third-party company—offering great quality but lacking business acumen.

I hope they start to figure it out, but it needs to be soon.
????? A few pages back you'll see the disappointment. I agree with your sentiments. Not everyone feels that way, a reasonable reason being they don't want to cover up the outfit.

For other reasons and other figures, from others' comments think InArt is finding their way, and I mean that in a neutral way, neither pro or con.

I've already ordered TOPO's Ranger cloak, IMO not including that was &^%$:pfft:. As opposed to the Shards which will likely sit in the box. Other folks will make their own. Other people don't care.

However, they now seem like just another third-party company—offering great quality but lacking business acumen.

Well, yeah, gotta admit this fig made me really miss ASMUS - who genuinely have a passion for Middle Earth tho they have had their own foibles. And it made me admire the few 3rd parties I own - because, I sort of know what I am getting; nice costumes/materials/details; and they roughly cost half as much.

Then again, this is an offshoot of Queen Studios, right? Makers of *unaffordable large things*? Maybe they are having trouble juggling turning out large pieces and then realizing getting into the premium sixth scale world is just as much work, if not more.

????? A few pages back you'll see the disappointment. I agree with your sentiments. Not everyone feels that way, a reasonable reason being they don't want to cover up the outfit.

For other reasons and other figures, from others' comments think InArt is finding their way, and I mean that in a neutral way, neither pro or con.

I've already ordered TOPO's Ranger cloak, IMO not including that was &^%$:pfft:. As opposed to the Shards which will likely sit in the box. Other folks will make their own. Other people don't care.

However, they now seem like just another third-party company—offering great quality but lacking business acumen.

Well, yeah, gotta admit this fig made me really miss ASMUS - who genuinely have a passion for Middle Earth tho they have had their own foibles. And it made me admire the few 3rd parties I own - because, I sort of know what I am getting; nice costumes/materials/details; and they roughly cost half as much.

Then again, this is an offshoot of Queen Studios, right? Makers of *unaffordable large things*? Maybe they are having trouble juggling turning out large pieces and then realizing getting into the premium sixth scale world is just as much work, if not more.
lol, I should have gone back in the forums a bit! 😂. But I got out of the forums because I was really disappointed about it and hate being the guy that throws more fuel in the fire.

The broken Narsil sword shards would have been the perfect exclusive item! Something very cool, but not really necessary to the character.

I’m more upset because the ranger cloak was how I was going to display him. Loved his first appearance look in the movie. Just a straight up badass! But I get how others wouldn’t care, or feel it isn’t necessary.

I ordered the TOPO cloak, but not sure if I’ll keep it or the figure.

Back