JPT DESIGN x POP 1/6 Honda Tadakatsu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_3262.jpeg
IMG_3263.jpeg
IMG_3264.jpeg
IMG_3265.jpeg
IMG_3266.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg
IMG_3268.jpeg
IMG_3269.jpeg
IMG_3270.jpeg
IMG_3271.jpeg
IMG_3272.jpeg

Available Q2 2025

PO here:

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5533

https://giantoy.com/collections/pre...costume-jpt-013-honda-tadakatsu-action-figure

This looks pretty sick. Looking at the price, I feel a bit sick as well. BUT, it appears to be the norm nowadays, so I’ll just deal with it.

I have a few Samurai in my collection and this will be a nice addition. I have no idea if this is based off of someone from history or fiction. Either way, he looks awesome.

You gotta remember, chainmail, threading in the armor, etc is done by hand so the cost unfortunately reflects that. I want to order him, but I just got the other China exclusive jpt Samurai at a scalper's price ughh

Good lord he is freckin' gorgeous. And that price is eyewatering.

I know!! 😭😭😭

I keep mentally pacing back and forth on the preorder button…

You gotta remember, chainmail, threading in the armor, etc is done by hand so the cost unfortunately reflects that. I want to order him, but I just got the other China exclusive jpt Samurai at a scalper's price ughh

Got a pic of it? And I’m sorry you had to pay them scalper prices my friend…it sucks for all collectors when that happens.

https://popcostume.com/popcostume-x...13-honda-tadakatsu-action-figure-p0272/1.html

He's cheaper if you buy directly from popcostumes site. Their shipping costs are crazy though, like $70 USD to the States

For those in the US, it comes out to roughly $550. Not TOO far off from Kit’s…but a bit far more so with Giantoy. Weird.

I’d probably just stick with Kit because I don’t have to pay upfront and it’s Kit. Always reliable. GToy is dependable as well…but the final price on their site is weird.

Got a pic of it? And I’m sorry you had to pay them scalper prices my friend…it sucks for all collectors when that happens.

Yeah, the first one is the one that just went up the same time as the figure you posted and the second one is the already released other exclusive that I had a hard as hell time getting as well. JPT needs to stop it with China exclusives. At least the super badass ninja got a worldwide release.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1721578223965.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721578223965.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1721939690158.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721939690158.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1714074588729.jpg
    FB_IMG_1714074588729.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1714075484387.jpg
    FB_IMG_1714075484387.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, the first one is the one that just went up the same time as the figure you posted and the second one is the already released other exclusive that I had a hard as hell time getting as well. JPT needs to stop it with China exclusives. At least the super badass ninja got a worldwide release.
Duuuude…wtf?? That figure is SICK.

I don’t blame you for paying those scalpers at all. That my actually be worth it.

Where can you get this guy?

I love JPT and Pop - their details and the look they achieve, they’re just unique looking

I’d say:

* the subject matter is typically unique for their ventures with Pop Toys, like a dark twist on the far east warriors
* the quality has been great, with lots of TLC poured into the details. These are more like multi-media artwork than action figures.
* the price point is a bit ouchy but, when you compare what you get relative to hot toys, you have to figure it’s hot toys that could step it up, not JPT Pop
* of all of my ‘pieces’, my “do not part with” heirloom pieces include three of their figures out of my top ten. Like I said, they are like artwork.

I have my far Eastern warrior collection that includes the Pop toys Musashi from west world, the Pop toys armored Ken Wantanabe, the Ghost of Tsushima, the Ogre Samurai JPT/Pop released not to long ago and The Hound ninja, just released. They’re pretty exquisite when suited up. The portraits could be a bit more realistic for my tastes, but they are pretty imposing when you kit them out.

Another thing I also like is they have shown real life reference pictures for the armor, etc. that they base their figures on. I remember seeing ones for the ninja hound.
I’d say:

* the subject matter is typically unique for their ventures with Pop Toys, like a dark twist on the far east warriors
* the quality has been great, with lots of TLC poured into the details. These are more like multi-media artwork than action figures.
* the price point is a bit ouchy but, when you compare what you get relative to hot toys, you have to figure it’s hot toys that could step it up, not JPT Pop
* of all of my ‘pieces’, my “do not part with” heirloom pieces include three of their figures out of my top ten. Like I said, they are like artwork.

I have my far Eastern warrior collection that includes the Pop toys Musashi from west world, the Pop toys armored Ken Wantanabe, the Ghost of Tsushima, the Ogre Samurai JPT/Pop released not to long ago and The Hound ninja, just released. They’re pretty exquisite when suited up. The portraits could be a bit more realistic for my tastes, but they are pretty imposing when you kit them out.
The two Chinese exclusive figures do have very realistic faces. There's the one I posted above and this one as well (where I forgot to post the face)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1721939707802.jpg
    FB_IMG_1721939707802.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 0
Back