LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure... I manage to keep my collection in check by not buying more display shelves, and I refuse to pack things away that are not displayed.... Well, except for comics and smaller scale figures.

Yep, that's what I started doing a couple years ago. If its not displayed I probably don't need to keep it.

Weakness, thy name is Lego :lol
And my current Lego set-up:

ddf-3.jpg

While I'm no PT or even CW hater nothing beats the purity of a nice OT collection!

FYI - ToysRUs is having a 30% off sale on some of the LEGO SW sets.

Included is the Y-Wing ($38.49) and Hoth Echo Base ($66.49).
Free shipping for toy purchases of $49 and more, too!

FYI - ToysRUs is having a 30% off sale on some of the LEGO SW sets.

Included is the Y-Wing ($38.49) and Hoth Echo Base ($66.49).
Free shipping for toy purchases of $49 and more, too!

Well hell... guess I'll be picking up more stuff sooner than later :lol

While I'm no PT or even CW hater nothing beats the purity of a nice OT collection!

I totally agree... I had planned to do the same with my Sideshow collection. But the super cool Battle Droids and Grievous announcement pulled me back in :lol But I much prefer the look and feel of the OT.

I even tried it on the Death Star. :lol

No luck, though. :(

Ended up getting the Hoth Echo Base.
I already ordered the Y-Wing from lego online, otherwise I would be all over that one.

I just started collecting the Warcraft MegaBloks recently, now I've been looking at the Star Wars larger sets (my daughter has some of the smaller Star Wars lego sets) does anyone have that Old Republic ship that looks like an X Wing? I saw it at WalMart and thought it might look pretty cool on display.

The Echo Base is very cool... but I'd never use about 70% of it. I'd like to take advantage of the sale, but none of the sale items are ones I need to have.

I even tried it on the Death Star. :lol

No luck, though. :(

Ended up getting the Hoth Echo Base.
I already ordered the Y-Wing from lego online, otherwise I would be all over that one.

Congrats on echo base! :hi5: still need to put mine together. Really enjoying the haunted house.

Just hit two different TRUs with two similiar results. The first store had a print-out of the coupon, knew all about it, and allowed me to use it when I purchased my set. The second had no idea about the sale and I had to direct them to their site. Once there, they manually keyed-in the coupon code from the site for the discount. Either way, if you're in store, you should still be able to get the discount on their online coupon. Hope that helps.

I had to hit two stores to find two copies of Echo Base that weren't beat to hell. All told, they were $73 each and at less then the $0.10 per brick price and being a limited edition, I'd say it worked out pretty well. Would have picked up the Gold Leader and TIE, but I have no interest in either of those sets.

The Echo Base is very cool... but I'd never use about 70% of it. I'd like to take advantage of the sale, but none of the sale items are ones I need to have.

Y-Wing. :lecture

Echo Base I'm getting only for the figs. The rest will be put into a tub for Max when he's older. :lol

Congrats on echo base! :hi5: still need to put mine together. Really enjoying the haunted house.

Thanks, E! :hi5:

I get my haunted house this coming week! Yay!!!

So the code will work in store? I just bought a Y Wing and the code didn't take for some reason?? Anyway, it's store pick up so hopefully I can get that fixed there.

Starting to wish I had done store pick-up after reading some of the horror stories concerning legos. :panic:

So the code will work in store? I just bought a Y Wing and the code didn't take for some reason?? Anyway, it's store pick up so hopefully I can get that fixed there.

The store can either print out the coupon itself or just use the code that's associated with the coupon. Personally, I think the concept of a coupon you have to print out online for a product that you would be buying from the store in person is pretty stupid. Do they really think that if I don't have the coupon that I'm going to leave the store, go home, print out the coupon, and then come back? It's like they're too cheap to print it out themselves and want me to do it.

In any case, just remember to add alittle charm to get them motivate from their usual TRU zombie state and they should be able to do this.

How do you know which sets the discount applies to?

Per the coupon listing, the 30% off code only applies to the following sets:

• Elite Clone Trooper Battle Pack (380021)
• Hoth Echo Base (690326) • Sebula’s Podracer (380706)
• Genosian Cannon (380390) • Tie Interceptor (380714)
• Gold Leader’s Y-Wing (026179)
• Naboo Starfighter (380692)

Note that the Sebulba Podracer, TIE, and Naboo Starfighter are only the small "Planet Series 1" sets. I was initially fooled into thinking the 30% was also good on the Sebulba/Anakin Podracer set till I read the set number. There are other sets that are 10%, however, after factoring in the usual TRU mark-up, those sets are still above MSRP.

Needless to say, the best deals are the Echo Base and Gold Leader.

Back