LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to build all of my open sets at least once before storing them away (unless I'm displaying them), just for the experience. I mean, Legos are really fun to build and apply to anyone who likes puzzles, models, miniatures, sculpting, etc - it's a hobby with alot of references to other types of hobbies.

Lego is that unique product where you can build things so many different ways that having one set can last a long time and having multiples of the same set can produce so many additional results. I'm in my early 30s and I feel like I might be collecting and/or building sets when I'm old and grey at the retirement home. I can't think of anything else that's quite like Lego as a hobby.

I would love to build these, but my kid takes the small pieces and tosses them all over the house (especially the minifig heads because they bounce :lol).

I only wish they would do SW sets for younger kids (2-5yrs) like in DUPLO. My youngling already knows the main characters, and if they're pushing ABC and 123 SW books for his age, they should try and get some legos in the mix. Seems like a missed opportunity (and yes, I have written them :lol).

Really FLOSI... commenting about doing something fast and your wife? Do you want us to make a sexual innuendo here?

tumblr_m6inh8fZHn1rnvlqy.gif

Amazon seems like the best all-around place, since for all of the newish releases I've been looking at, they're either considerably cheaper or at the same level as other places, and you get no tax and free shipping (mostly). Of course you have to make sure you're buying from Amazon and not a third party seller, who will mark them way up.

In related news, the Death Star arrived from Amazon today, the day after I ordered it! That's a pretty huge box, but more than the size I was impressed by the weight. It's packed full! My son and I are working on the Echo Base set right now, so I think I'm going to not tell him about the Death Star until we've finished. I have a feeling it might steal a bit of the spotlight...

Yeah, almost anything I'm buying I'll check Amazon first. Due to the free shipping and no tax you can really save quite a bit. Not to mention they do also seem to discount stuff fairly often.

Only times I've found Lego sets cheaper is if Wal Mart has something on sale... but that's been less common online, but occassionally you'll find great deals in stores when the start clearancing stuff.

Amazon seems like a decent place to go for purchases. I will admit that I mained purchased off of Lego.com for a long time and was able to get the Tantive basically for free just from my points.

How do the Lego RPs work? Like what's my return percentage wise?

It's 1 point for every dollar you spend and when you get 100 points, you get a $5 reward. They also have double point promotions and things of that nature as well. You also get this cool card:

5259045630_f86a601556_z.jpg

Lego double points are where it's at. Lego usually has bundled sets in their catalogs/fliers that have double points and there are some days of the year where they offer double points on anything. Personally, I shop direct from Lego all the way.

However, the best way to get discounted sets is to just wait for sales. Fred Meyers will usually run a BOGO 1/2 off sale and then they'll have a 10% coupon in their ad. Likewise, Target and Walmart will have the occasional sale or clearance (usually just before the new wave os sets come in to clear space). Also, if you have the guts to risk it, Black Friday tends to have some good deals; though not so much with SW the past couple of years.

Again, with Legos staying on the shelves for over six months at a time, you have alot of options for how and when you want to purchase.

It's 1 point for every dollar you spend and when you get 100 points, you get a $5 reward. They also have double point promotions and things of that nature as well.

The double reward points got me some good savings. I went a little crazy and ended up with about 1800 points within about a month.

Back