LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this a good deal?
I have the Crumb--But know I think I want the set

I would suggest jumping on the Jabba's Palace set sooner than later. With next year's Rancor Pit as an attachement to the Jabba's Palace set, I can see it becoming hot. It think the two (or three if you display them with the Skiff) combined will be the next best thing to the Death Star.

It has to be something that's in stores now and being sold by Amazon itself. If it's out of print, it's being sold by a third party for a fortune. What specifically did you look at?

Well, I think with the Jabba's Palace set it's the figures that mark it up. For example:

Jabba's Palace - 717 pieces (with 7/9 brand new figures) at $120
Echo Base - 773 pieces (with 3/8 brand new figures) at $90

Plus, you'd have to factor that Jabba and Crumb are completely new sculpts with little re-use potential.

I'll probably get it in the next couple of months with RP and when they're running a good polybag promo.

In related news, the Death Star arrived from Amazon today, the day after I ordered it! That's a pretty huge box, but more than the size I was impressed by the weight. It's packed full! My son and I are working on the Echo Base set right now, so I think I'm going to not tell him about the Death Star until we've finished. I have a feeling it might steal a bit of the spotlight...

Definitely wait until you're both done with Echo Base.

The Death Star is such an entertaining build. Even better, it's got more playability than any other Star Wars set I've seen.

It's a must buy for any LEGO Star Wars fan.

FYI - Noticed on the October lego store calendar that the B-Wing (10227) will be double VIP points in October (I apologize if this was mentioned previously).

Didn't they have this on Amazon for $179.99 recently, though?
Doesn't seem like it's available anymore, however.

If I had more room I'd be tempted by Jabba's Palace... I'd love to have the slug in Lego form. But most of the bricks would be wasted and for that much money I'm not feeling it.

The Rancor will be a must have... but less money and bricks won't make me feel quite as bad being wasteful :lol

FYI - Noticed on the October lego store calendar that the B-Wing (10227) will be double VIP points in October (I apologize if this was mentioned previously).

Didn't they have this on Amazon for $179.99 recently, though?
Doesn't seem like it's available anymore, however.

Yeah, where did it go?
I saw it there too, last week, for $180 pre order.
Now, it's no longer listed. :dunno

Yeah, where did it go?
I saw it there too, last week, for $180 pre order.
Now, it's no longer listed. :dunno

I've seen them do stuff like that before...selling before they were supposed to. Wonder what happens if you ordered, do they cancel it or will they ship ahead of time?

Echo Base in the house!!!

IMG_2057.JPG

Thank you TRU gift cards from 2yrs ago! :lol

Double VIP points are good for LEGO store exclusives and in conjunction with polybag/minifigure promotions, but you are still only saving 10% on the retail prices and you have to use those points at LEGO stores. You can easily do better than a 10% discount if you watch for sales and coupons on Amazon, Toys R Us, Barnes and Noble, etc.

LEGO and retailer exclusives (like the UC B Wing) are not sold by Amazon. If you see it on the Amazon site, it is more than likely sold by a third party vendor who went to the store, bought the set there, then put it up on Amazon at a (usually horrific) mark-up to unsuspecting parents who don't know any better than "Legos are sooooo expensive!"

If you are a LEGO VIP member, they usually send you a 10% off coupon with the new catalog by mail at the B&M store. I usually use that with double VIP points to get a decent discount on exclusives.

I got the Fall 2012 one (with the monster theme foldout cover) at the end of August and just used the coupon on the Palpatine's Arrest set (TRU exclusive - they mark up themselves just fine, from $90 at LEGO to $110 at TRU, though that one is now on "sale" for $90 :horror).

I usually get a new catalog every two months. Before that was the LOTR cover. I think I used that coupon for the Malevolence.

No double points this time, but I did get a monster car promo and the 10% off.

Two years ago! :lol

Good thing you still remembered having them.

Congrats on a great set.

Thanks Centurion! :hi5:

Yeah, they're from my kid's baby shower of all things. :lol

I asked my wife if I could use them, since she reminded me the other day about them, and she said "sure". :yess:

Although I'm now waiting to see what she'll want in return. :lol

LEGO and retailer exclusives (like the UC B Wing) are not sold by Amazon. If you see it on the Amazon site, it is more than likely sold by a third party vendor who went to the store, bought the set there, then put it up on Amazon at a (usually horrific) mark-up to unsuspecting parents who don't know any better than "Legos are sooooo expensive!"

Yeah, that's what was shocking, though, these were sold and delivered by Amazon! :panic::horror

I've been checking every so often to see if it will pop up again. :lol

Back