LEGO Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never gotten anything like that, and can only imagine my reaction if I did.

Are you going to return it?

Sorry to hear about that, Flosi. Hopefully, you can get the smell out or send them back.

lego-smoking.jpg

Well, I stuffed it all in a zip lock with a few fabric softener sheets. I'm also going to let the seller know how pissed I am... Best case, he refunds me part of the sale price and the smell comes out after a week.

I lived with a smoker from the time I was born until my early adulthood, so I have a hard time smelling it on stuff now. Thankfully, Mom is trying to quit these days, but she's always got her electric cigarette every time I see her.

Well, I stuffed it all in a zip lock with a few fabric softener sheets. I'm also going to let the seller know how pissed I am... Best case, he refunds me part of the sale price and the smell comes out after a week.

I'd be curious how that trick works for legos... I've had good success with 1/6 clothing and even bodies. But I could see that smelll getting deep into the bricks.

I lived with a smoker from the time I was born until my early adulthood, so I have a hard time smelling it on stuff now. Thankfully, Mom is trying to quit these days, but she's always got her electric cigarette every time I see her.

Holy crap! It all makes sense....this is your mom?!!?

DSC08435.jpg

Just got and built a X-Wing fighter for a wedding present! It looks great and seems to work perfectly! One question, I have some extra small pieces, is that normal?

Just got and built a X-Wing fighter for a wedding present! It looks great and seems to work perfectly! One question, I have some extra small pieces, is that normal?

Yep. I've always had a few extra pieces with every set I've built.

Nice present!

How was the wedding? Go anywhere fun for the honeymoon?

Thanks, I was worried with the extra pieces!

The wedding was amazing and we went to Disney World and stayed at the Grand Floridian! We got treated amazingly, it was an amazing experience!

They always give you some extra pieces, although they tend to be very small ones -- not major pieces.

Okay, good! They were very small pieces so that's why I was worried!

It was my 1st lego set, like ever, and I was worried I missed the little pieces! Big pieces would have been noticeable!

It is completely normal. The Lego bags are QC by weight, so they tend to always throw in a few extra of the tiny pieces to make sure the weight is right. For example, the LOTR Shelob set comes with three copies of the One Ring for the same reason.

Back