Marvel Studios : X-Men '97 - 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great season finale, can't wait for season 2

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
I'm not big on ending seasons on cliffhangers, but I enjoyed the episode and series as a whole. Looking forward from season 2, and I hope they keep the late '70s/early '80s costumes for everyone. I also want to see Colossus, Havok (hopefully in the old school costume), and others we didn't see much of getting more attention. Would also be nice if someone like Daredevil was actually a part of the story instead of just being a cool cameo. Cloak and Dagger and Polaris were in this episode, as well, which was nice. Was kind of comical how the last episode was a microcosm of the season as a whole in that Wolverine was literally just laying around in a hospital bed while everyone else got the attention and action.
And Cyclops once again was a focus, which I appreciate.

Well that was epic, and hands down the best Marvel adaptation Disney have done for years.
It may be the best thing they’ve done for me personally.
I pray to Chris Claremont’s beard that they can keep up this level of quality.
Oh Beau why did they forsake thee?

Well that was epic, and hands down the best Marvel adaptation Disney have done for years.
It may be the best thing they’ve done for me personally.
I pray to Chris Claremont’s beard that they can keep up this level of quality.
Oh Beau why did they forsake thee?
Up there with Daredevil for me.

Amazing finale they stuck the landing big time!

LOL at Wolverine finally being sidelined after 24 years of hardcore attention.

They are called The X-Men, not The Wolverines lol

LOL at Iron Man in costume doing jack **** while watching a world ending event on TV….IN COSTUME! :rotfl

Amazing finale they stuck the landing big time!

LOL at Wolverine finally being sidelined after 24 years of hardcore attention.

They are called The X-Men, not The Wolverines lol

LOL at Iron Man in costume doing jack **** while watching a world ending event on TV….IN COSTUME! :rotfl
Jye this is 90s Ironman before the mcu. Dude was so wasted he had no idea where he was or how he got into the suit.

What a damn fine finale, I remember never really liking the most DC and DCEU movies because none of them hold a candle to the Batman and Justice League animated shows and looks like I'm doomed again to forever compare future MCU projects and especially X-Men to this as well. Trust me, it's a cursed existence.
:banghead

That '90s-ified Iron Man just staring in place was pretty damn funny. Such an eyesore of a suit and yeah, it was weird that those guys just stood around while the world was about to die. Even when the Sentinel humans were attacking we saw some street-level non mutants duking it out but I guess the Avengers and Fantastic Four were too busy.

Only thing that could have made it better was if Tony was staring at the TV while Flatman stood up from the back of the room and said, "Well I'm not just going to sit around and watch the world end. C'mon, team!" and then we saw the Great Lakes Avengers stumble over each other to essentially do nothing.

Wow! This season was bonkers! Production has big shoes to fill for next season (unless Marvel pulls a Gunn and gets DeMayo back).

Too much good stuff to list, but seeing this girl's 90s-era mugshot sure made me happy!

70kdo5M.jpeg

What a damn fine finale, I remember never really liking the most DC and DCEU movies because none of them hold a candle to the Batman and Justice League animated shows and looks like I'm doomed again to forever compare future MCU projects and especially X-Men to this as well. Trust me, it's a cursed existence

My problem with DC in general is that I find most of the villains to just be evil because they’re evil and I’ve never really found them to have as much depth as Marvel villains do.

A lot of Marvel villains are very sympathetic, either because they’ve either unwillingly become what they are or because you can see where they are coming from.

My problem with DC in general is that I find most of the villains to just be evil because they’re evil and I’ve never really found them to have as much depth as Marvel villains do.
I haven't read comics consistently in a long time, but my sense when I did was that both companies generally attempted to humanize villains, at least retroactively. Batman's rogue's gallery arguably has very few evil people since they are insane. Luthor, like many characters on this season of X-Men, rationalizes his work as an attempt to save mankind from powerful aliens and metahumans (even if it may be a facade, the same kind of criticism could be levied against Dr. Doom or Magneto who use excuses to pursue selfish power grabs). Deathstroke is morally gray at best, but had a whole comic series to flesh out his human qualities.

Where I would agree is that Marvel had more villains start out as being portrayed as more than simple mustache twirling evildoers. Galactus comes to mind. He ate to survive. And from the beginning Magneto was reacting to his fears of humanity. But even Dr. Doom started out more as a simply bitter and vindictive rival to Reed than what he later became as the ruthless but relatable ruler of Latveria, and several Spidey villains were pretty much straight evil criminals in the early years, so even that is case dependent.

I haven't read comics consistently in a long time, but my sense when I did was that both companies generally attempted to humanize villains, at least retroactively. Batman's rogue's gallery arguably has very few evil people since they are insane. Luthor, like many characters on this season of X-Men, rationalizes his work as an attempt to save mankind from powerful aliens and metahumans (even if it may be a facade, the same kind of criticism could be levied against Dr. Doom or Magneto who use excuses to pursue selfish power grabs). Deathstroke is morally gray at best, but had a whole comic series to flesh out his human qualities.

Where I would agree is that Marvel had more villains start out as being portrayed as more than simple mustache twirling evildoers. Galactus comes to mind. He ate to survive. And from the beginning Magneto was reacting to his fears of humanity. But even Dr. Doom started out more as a simply bitter and vindictive rival to Reed than what he later became as the ruthless but relatable ruler of Latveria, and several Spidey villains were pretty much straight evil criminals in the early years, so even that is case dependent.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Man, I haven't felt this way about a piece of entertainment since probably Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, when I felt like something was created specifically to entertain me.

It was pretty sweet that it was written as a continuation of the Animated Series, like the show still takes place in the 90s, I thought they'd do it where it was set in the current timeline, just following the original series continuity, but it makes way more sense with how they did it.

This show did, like ... everything ... right. Even The Magneto Protocols, having Magneto with the power ratings like the trading cards used to do ... like seriously, even if I created this show, I wouldn't have thought to do that. Major kudos to the creative team on this one.

But pulling the Fatal Attractions moments into this finale ... just 'wow'. It was cool how they followed the trope of "X-Men don't kill humans" through the whole season, only for it to really mean something when Wolverine stabbed Magneto. I wish they would've actually animated the adamantium being pulled out of his skin, but that might've been a bit over the line. There were even some of those "body horror" moments with the Prime Sentinels. I'm just glad they created this show understanding the audience was people who watched the original series, and would be adults now. They didn't make a cartoon for kids.

Just goes to show what you can do when you write for a specific audience and not do the "appeal to everyone" shtick.

I was very surprised how well this was fine. I said this many times that this could have been a badly animated nostalgia fest where the characters weren’t like there 90s couterparts. But this show literally exceeded my expectations and excelled beyond the original show in almost everything
. That’s how you update an old property into modern media.

Back