My Han Solo Sideshow repaint.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greggo

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here you go I have painted this for andymp. This is such a beautiful sculpt under all that factory paint.

With Factory paint / Greggo's paint job

img2558h.jpg

img2560v.jpg

img2559t.jpg

The paint job on its own.

img2561uq.jpg

img2563e.jpg

img2564q.jpg

img2565eq.jpg

img2566a.jpg

img2567n.jpg

img2569f.jpg

I hope you like it guys?

Greggo

Last edited:
So here you go I have painted this for andymp. This is such a beautiful sculpt under all that factory paint.

With Factory paint / Greggo's paint job

img2558h.jpg

img2560v.jpg

img2559t.jpg

The paint job on its own.

img2561uq.jpg

img2563e.jpg

img2564q.jpg

img2565eq.jpg

img2566a.jpg

img2567n.jpg

img2569f.jpg

I hope you like it guys?

Greggo

I don't think anyone in this section will mind. Outstanding paint job! Can you talk about your methods and tricks?

I don't think anyone in this section will mind. Outstanding paint job! Can you talk about your methods and tricks?

Thats good then lol. Yeah of course I can feel free to ask me anything and I'll reply to any questions when I can buddy. Thank you

What's your process for creating such realistic skin? It really holds up well under magnification.

Its layers upon Layers of watered down paint. I use Citdel paints from Gamesworkshop.

1. Tallarn Flesh Foundation Paint watered down to 1 part paint to 2 water.
2. I add red wash to the nose, eyes, cheeks and lips.
3. Watered down Dwarf Flesh same ratio as above.
4. Watered down Elf Flesh same ratio as above.
5. Light Drybrush of Elf Flesh on raised areas such as brow and Nose.

If the character is dark skinned or tanned you can another Wash of Tallarn Flesh Foundation Paint.

Hope this helps buddy?

I think I'm going to buy some Gamesworkshop paints :)

Starting from a white primer? or do you lay down a flesh tone base coat first?

I think I'm going to buy some Gamesworkshop paints :)

Starting from a white primer? or do you lay down a flesh tone base coat first?

If its a resin Sculpt I spray it with a skull white first. Plastic head I strip the head first using cellulose thinners. Then just use the Foundation paint watered down. You may have to repeat the first process three or four times.

hahaha you crazy fool!!! I have been looking at your other stuff! Man its amazing! I love the monkeys and your Indy on the motorcycle combination is just stunning!! I would love to know more about the weathering on that as I want to do my Wolveriine WWII bike...

Sorry to derail your thread but folks gotta see it!!

Yours is mind blowing just the tires fry my brain!!!

img1014p.jpg

thank man! Not at all I don't mind showing images! The motorbike was great fun to do! I used a tamiya weathering stick and a tamiya weathering kit, looks like makeup lol! I also used alot of citedal paints also! The bike itself was customised heavily. For example the light at the front of the bike is a paint pot from hobby craft lol!

hahaha you crazy fool!!! I have been looking at your other stuff! Man its amazing! I love the monkeys and your Indy on the motorcycle combination is just stunning!! I would love to know more about the weathering on that as I want to do my Wolveriine WWII bike...

Sorry to derail your thread but folks gotta see it!!

Yours is mind blowing just the tires fry my brain!!!

img1014p.jpg

Fantastic work paint job! You have given the face "an experience" that does not appear on the factory version. Really great job, congratulations.

This is truly amazing, you really brought the sculpt to life! You gave it a HT quality paintjob, I think. :clap

Hey everyone thank you all so much for all the comments. At some point I also plan to paint Luke from a new hope. I just know this will be a great sculpt under all that paint.

Back