NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT_Predator_12inch_ArnoldasDutch_06.jpg

"Whats the matter? Government got you pushing too many pencils?"

AWESOME likeness!!!! Was worried about the images being removed from the original, but looks like it was improved upon that and I had no problem with the first sculpt. HT proves again why more and more of my money is going towards them for 1/6. So glad I got it preordered through SSC.

Is it forbidden for someone to post a comparison of the last images and the new ones?

Just curious to see the changes... he does look better, but not sure if its a "sight for sore eyes" deal or if there were noticeable changes. Although the expression does look more stern than I remembered, which is better.

Is it forbidden for someone to post a comparison of the last images and the new ones?

Just curious to see the changes... he does look better, but not sure if its a "sight for sore eyes" deal or if there were noticeable changes. Although the expression does look more stern than I remembered, which is better.

I would imagine that could cause problems!

If you want I email you the old photos - had them saved

IMAGE REMOVED

Looks like the work went into the eyes, they were kinda neutral in the original, now they're a bit more emotional.

Last edited by a moderator:
These new pictures look great...but is there that much of a change beyond the hair? I was comparing photos and it seems like the hair and lighting make for a better sculpt, but I don't see too much actual difference in the sculpt.

I did notice that the cigar is now gone. I wonder if that was part of the problem. No smoking for Arnold.

i never doubted hot toys with this fig. so glad i ordered it with sideshow when it went up, now just sit back and wait

These new pictures look great...but is there that much of a change beyond the hair? I was comparing photos and it seems like the hair and lighting make for a better sculpt, but I don't see too much actual difference in the sculpt.

I did notice that the cigar is now gone. I wonder if that was part of the problem. No smoking for Arnold.

I'd have to see both heads under the same lighting, but I think they added a bit more squinting/focusing look to the eyes than the first head.

Does seem his gaze is a bit more focused... and sorry for the suggestion Wookster if it causes upset.

Looks essentially the same, but does seem like the tweeks make a difference.

I do think much of it has to do with lighting... but if so, the little tweaks like maybe the eyes, some adjustment to the hair, certainly do seem to help.

All I really see, and it may be the angle, but the new sculpt does appear to be a bit wider in the jawline. Perhaps just a new, better casting.

IMAGE REMOVED

Well, like I said earlier, it's hard to compare under different lighting setups, I've shot Sideshow's Old Ben for example, and gotten 2-3 different emotions out of the face just with lighting changes.

I think they've repainted the eyes and eyebrows though, they're in shadow and don't look as dark as the old image with them well lit.

I wouldn't think, just because it's taken us almost a month to see these doesn't mean it wasn't finished and put in production weeks ago.

I seriously want to know about the cigar though, that touch made it that much cooler of a figure that could pose him like he's standing around smoking, one of the photos looked very much like after they blow up the village and are figuring out their escape route. "She's your baggage, you fall behind and you're on your own."

Back