NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way are they going to make the entire team. Never happen.

If we are very, very lucky, we might see Carl Weathers and Jesse Ventura. I could deal with that. But do you guys really think they are going to make the guy who's only two lines in the entire movie are vajayjay jokes told to Billy? Get real.

Why not Mac? I think he was a bad-ass with his shaving razor and when he goes a bit mental and keeps saying "I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun" - outstanding. As essential as Billy, Dillon and Blaine imo.

The guy with the grenade launcher and the guy with huge glasses, reads comics and tells dirty jokes... not as essential. I liked his jokes tho.

I dont understand why they made Billy, Mac or Blain would be better.
Cos Billy out-lived both of them and had a more interesting look about him - Billy might have no minigun (why does everyone have a hard-on for that?) but he had his own cool weapon and the long hair and head band. PLus he was a native Indian so was always gonna be more unique looking. I'm glad he got made above all the others.

Why not Mac? I think he was a bad-ass with his shaving razor and when he goes a bit mental and keeps saying "I'm gonna have me some fun, I'm gonna have me some fun" - outstanding. .
Cos on a fig we cant see most of those things. HT decide what figs to make based upon how they LOOK, not what they did in the movie...the fact they made the Ancient Preds from AvP shouild tell you that and the Lost Pred/elder. And so based on that, I wouldnt expect a Hawkins.

Cos on a fig we cant see most of those things. HT decide what figs to make based upon how they LOOK, not what they did in the movie...the fact they made the Ancient Preds from AvP shouild tell you that and the Lost Pred/elder. And so based on that, I wouldnt expect a Hawkins.

I'm not sure I follow you... I dont actually expect them to make them all but on the dvd commentary they explain that each member of the team was purposefully given a unique appearance by the weapons they use, the varied pattern of face paint, if they chewed tobacco or read comics or had really big glasses - all to help us identify each character and know who was who.

Also, Billy outliving the others means nothing... wasnt Poncho (had to go to IMDB to find his name!) the last of the team to die?

So Billy is really no more unique than any of the others - it seems you are a Billy fan :D

In regards to the Preds - HT are just making the most of this line while it is hot and we gladly pay cos they are such good figures.

I'm just saying I think IMO Billy had the more unique look about him compared to the others mostly due to his interesting look: his ethnicity, hair/headband, weapon, and outfit.

I'm hoping for additional team members. Until then I have Dutch and Predator on pre-order. I'll pick up Beach Version Billy with blond wig and kung fu action grip later. I'm assuming his cost will fall rapidly and getting him at a bargin won't be difficult. :D

Billy is really cool so I'm glad they made him too - have you guys been to his website? I dont have sound on my work 'puter but last time I checked it played a sound sample of his laugh from P1 :lol

I'm just saying I think IMO Billy had the more unique look about him compared to the others mostly due to his interesting look: his ethnicity, hair/headband, weapon, and outfit.

I would think Blaine wins for the most unique outfit and weapon ;)

I would think Blaine wins for the most unique outfit and weapon ;)

He's gonna look SICK!!!

Only problem will be getting the rights from MTV so he can be wearing the same shirt from the film.

We all know what happened to Kane and how those rights went. :banghead

Phew. Looks excellent, love those close-ups. I just hope he doesn't get overly camo-ed. I've got 2 of these ordered, one regular version from toys2 (so I can get one sooner rather than later) and one SSexcl. (so that, since I wanted a 2nd for alternative display options, I can get one thats kind of unique at that).

Got him ordered through BBTS. Used some credit from selling items to them and got him coming! Had to have this.

dutch is looking pretty sweet. these latest pics are leaps and bounds from the 1st set of pics that were released and taken down and a little better than the last. too bad they couldnt/didnt make the same improvements for billy. still getting him to go with dutch though. so looking forward to owning my first predator as well. hopefully smooth sailing for the rest of the line if there is any more.

I find it interesting how there's a lot of commentary as though it's a totally new head from what we'd seen previously. It's painted differently and possibly a little sculpt work, but for the most part it looks like the same head, just photographed much more appropraitely to show off the sculpt work, and given the headaches they've gone through just to give us the head, I can understand being proud and showing it off, but I wager if they photographed it before in the same ways, it would have looked just as nice.

Back