Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Petition for Hot Toys to finish there Watchmen line.

I agree. I was disappointed when HT announced the Comedian. I couldn't stand him and thought that right there was a kiss of death in the HT Watchmen line (although the fig came out quite nicely). I was hoping Rorschach was going to follow up Silk Spectre...

Any non-TDK thread in the DC section is a plus! :duff

:lecture
I'll sign that petition. This should just be changed to the DK Section.

As far as Watchmen, I would really love to see a Ror and NO. Realistically, I don't think the first two sold especially well and it didn't seem like they really had their hearts in it. The real shame is that Ror wasn't among the first two, IMO. Silk Spectre was bound to appeal to a much more limited segment of the fan community.

I'll agree that they never seemed to care about the line from day one - the announcements and timing were completely shoddy.

I also agree that Rorschach should have followed Silk Spectre.

:lecture
I'll sign that petition. This should just be changed to the DK Section.

As far as Watchmen, I would really love to see a Ror and NO. Realistically, I don't think the first two sold especially well and it didn't seem like they really had their hearts in it. The real shame is that Ror wasn't among the first two, IMO. Silk Spectre was bound to appeal to a much more limited segment of the fan community.

The Comedian is a fantastic figure ..i would agree there heart was not in this line as a whole ..but in the production of the comedian..id say there heart was in that ..but no so much silk spectre II imo..

who cares if a similar thread exists, I want my Rorschach and Nite Owl II!

something tells me if I posted this everyone would hate on me. oh well. :dunno

no way, this is the only thing you've ever said that i can agree with. :lecture

I would be into all the rest. Rorschach. , Dreiberg, Veidt, and Manhattan with full naked body sculpt! But I don't see them making anyone more than Rorschach if we are lucky .
With that said, I'd buy any more Watchmen they produce.
Guaranteed !

The Comedian is a fantastic figure ..i would agree there heart was not in this line as a whole ..but in the production of the comedian..id say there heart was in that ..but no so much silk spectre II imo..

I agree the Comedian is a good looking figure and I'm not even a fan of the character but IMO you can attribute that to Hot Toys doing a pretty good job even when phoning it in. Silk Specte had a higher degree of difficulty with the skimpy outfit and I don't think they really brough their A game there. Of course, she's probably my second least fav character from the comc/film so maybe I'm not objective.

I vote for an all new Silk Spectre II... with a better head sculpt and costume.

If they finish the line, I'll actually buy the figures. Its the only reason why I haven't picked up the first two because there was never an announcement for the rest of the team.

Petition threads are useless.

Petition threads are useless.

Seeing how the first 2 watchmen figures sold like poo, this petition is pointless.

And Comedian is a heavy hitter of Watchmen and a great figure.

Seeing how the first 2 watchmen figures sold like poo, this petition is pointless.

And Comedian is a heavy hitter of Watchmen and a great figure.

While this is sort of true, never crush a man's dreams.

If they finish the line, I'll actually buy the figures. Its the only reason why I haven't picked up the first two because there was never an announcement for the rest of the team.

That never helps - if you don't buy what they first release, they'll just cancel the line due to poor sales.

Besides, if you wait and see if they make all the characters....I honestly don't see how you even have any figures! Hot Toys rarely ever finishes their lines.

The Watchmen line wasn't a success because of Hot Toys' poor decisions in handling in it: took too long after the movie's release to announce the first figure; took even longer to announce the second figure (the whole Comedian thing was ridiculous - at SDCC but wasn't announced until months after); didn't make the money character which even casual fans would have wanted (aka Rorschach).
They've never seemed to care about the line given how they've treated it. And it's no surprise it wasn't as successful as it could've been.

Last edited:

I think they just didn't understand the license. They thought they would release the lesser characters first and collectors would buy them knowing their favourites were coming later. If they had done it the other way round people might have just bought the main characters and not have bothered with silk spectre or the comedian. It backfired. And they ____ed up the line completely.

That never helps - if you don't buy what they first release, they'll just cancel the line due to poor sales.

Besides, if you wait and see if they make all the characters....I honestly don't see how you even have any figures! Hot Toys rarely ever finishes their lines.

The Watchmen line wasn't a success because of Hot Toys' poor decisions in handling in it: took too long after the movie's release to announce the first figure; took even longer to announce the second figure (the whole Comedian thing was ridiculous - at SDCC but wasn't announced until months after); didn't make the money character which even casual fans would have wanted (aka Rorschach).
They've never seemed to care about the line given how they've treated it. And it's no surprise it wasn't as successful as it could've been.

It's not a bad thing to not spend over $100 on characters that no one cares about :dunno

What still kills me is that "The Spirit" got 3 figs and Watchmen only has 2...

waisis.gif

Back