Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:wave Almost three years and still nothing :(

Hot Toys makes figures from classic/cult movies and from new movies. Anything in between just isn't relevant enough. Maybe in a few more years, Watchmen will be considered classic enough to get our favorite characters in 1/6. :pray:

I don't think its a movie that lives very long in the memory. It only made back its budget and a little more. Hot toys i suspect won't be visiting this line again.

Last edited:
See you all in another 3 years when the goal of this petition still hasn't been achieved.

:wave Almost three years and still nothing :(

Hot Toys makes figures from classic/cult movies and from new movies. Anything in between just isn't relevant enough. Maybe in a few more years, Watchmen will be considered classic enough to get our favorite characters in 1/6. :pray:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Still can't believe they didn't start with Rorschach. I can't be the only one thinking that would have been a no brainer, right?

Nice petition, I think you have about the same chance of it happening as me coming home and finding 6 Victoria Secrets models waiting for me wearing nothing but lascivious grins.

Plus they'd have to remake the Comedian, seeing as he's currently puddling in most peoples collections.

Re: Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

I know it blows my mind they did comedian and spectre first. Rorschach And owl would have been the test for the line to succeed then maybe spectre ,manhattan,comedian next

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Still can't believe they didn't start with Rorschach. I can't be the only one thinking that would have been a no brainer, right?

Nice petition, I think you have about the same chance of it happening as me coming home and finding 6 Victoria Secrets models waiting for me wearing nothing but lascivious grins.

Plus they'd have to remake the Comedian, seeing as he's currently puddling in most peoples collections.

Remade, using the same materials as before and all facebook posts calling them out on it deleted. Hot Toys, **** yeah! :yess:

Proto like Proto type? Not sure what you mean?

DC direct did a 1/6th scale rorschach figure about 6 years ago.

Yeh. There was a prototype Rorschach on an HT desk in one of their photos years back.
Yep!
0dw3G.jpg

Wow never knew that read the article about them being discontinued due to the first not selling well they didn't see the line as profitable.. so guess it's dc direct or square arts

I'd like to see Mezco do comic versions based on Gibbons' artwork in their 1:12 line. I think that'd kick ass.

I find it strange they never released Rorshach first - I think he would have been the more popular choice of figure, then maybe Nightowl - before the Comedian.

I'd like to see Mezco do comic versions based on Gibbons' artwork in their 1:12 line. I think that'd kick ass.

Yeah, the 1:12 line is promising, be interesting to see where they go with that line.

I wonder if hot toys still owns the license be interesting for sideshow to pickup. We should bomb them with emails 1 day as product suggestion

Wow never knew that read the article about them being discontinued due to the first not selling well they didn't see the line as profitable.. so guess it's dc direct or square arts

Yeah man, they did it to themselves... why did they think starting off with Silk Spectre and the Comedian was the best idea? Rorschach is one of my grail figures, I'd love if they revisted the movie... but I wonder if they even have the license anymore.

That prototype looks great, and imagine how much better it'd be with today's standards.

Yeah man, they did it to themselves... why did they think starting off with Silk Spectre and the Comedian was the best idea? Rorschach is one of my grail figures, I'd love if they revisted the movie... but I wonder if they even have the license anymore.

That prototype looks great, and imagine how much better it'd be with today's standards.
Dude tell me about it wrote to them explaining this. They said we will forward email to production dept. I have lost faith they will ever revisit it. I just hope like star ace or some else goes after it and hot toys doesn't hoard the license and not do anything with it.

For the 10th anniversary in 2019, they should release the full team (with 2.0 versions of Comedian & Silk Spectre II) with every figure listed as an EX (implying a smaller production run).

They'll absolutely sell out.

For the 10th anniversary in 2019, they should release the full team (with 2.0 versions of Comedian & Silk Spectre II) with every figure listed as an EX (implying a smaller production run).

They'll absolutely sell out.

doubt it the films not that popular in fact it was a commercial flop when released, it only made its budget back and then a little more. As much as a hardcore group of people love this film it was actually considered a failure commerically.

Back