Prime 1 Studio offering custom paint effects options

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
More details: https://www.prime1studio.com/news/effect-options-now-available.html

1722538848685.png

Imagine your statue, with armor splattered in blood, capturing the drama of battle or adorned with the beauty of a snowy landscape.

A new service to bring your imagination to life,
"Effect Options,"
available starting Wednesday, July 31, 2024!

The Effect Options allow for tailored designs through painting,
bringing Prime 1 Studio statues
closer to your ideal vision.

The basic plan offers two effects:
"Blood" and "Snow."

"Blood" captures the aftermath of a fierce battle,
with splatters from both enemies and the hero.

"Snow" covers the ground with pure white snow,
bringing a harsh and tranquil atmosphere.

Both effects are expertly crafted by Prime 1 Studio's painters,
bringing your statue to life with vivid realism.

For those who wish to personalize their statue even further,
we offer the "Premium Plan," allowing you to collaborate
with Prime 1 Studio to achieve your vision.
For pricing and details, please contact us.

• Basic Plan
Select from preset effects, and Prime 1 Studio's painters will bring them to life.

Effects: Blood, Snow
Price: Starting from $500 each
Eligible Products: Prime 1 statues (some exceptions may apply)
Completion Time: 3+ months (after full payment)

*The technique used to apply effects is painting only. No additional parts or modifications will be made.
*Effects will be added according to the painter's artistic vision. Specific requests for expression, progress updates, or revisions will not be accepted.
*Snow effect will be applied to the feet and surrounding area of the statue.

• Premium Plan
Collaborate with Prime 1 Studio's creators to bring your vision to life.

Price: Starting from $10,000
Eligible Products: Prime 1 statues (some exceptions may apply)
Completion Time: 5+ months (after full payment)

*Various techniques will be used to add effects to the statue.
*Some requests may not be fulfilled.
*For more details, please contact us.

How to Order

Basic Plan:
For eligible products, an option selection button will appear on the Checkout screen.
Please select and apply from there.

Premium Plan:
1. Before purchasing, inform us of your desired product and your intention to order the Premium Plan via the inquiry form.
2. We will email you with an estimate, delivery time, and whether your request can be accommodated.
3. After receiving your confirmation to proceed, we will guide you through the purchase process via email.

[Important Notification]
Before Placing an Order, please note the following:

• Each effect is handcrafted by our creators, so there may be variations even among the same product and effect.

• Paint options can only be applied at the time of the product order. We cannot add effects to products purchased in the past.

• Delivery times may vary due to production conditions and circumstances outside of our control.

• Cancellations or refunds (including deposits) are not accepted due to customer preferences regarding the final product. Please understand the service content before using it.

More details: https://www.prime1studio.com/news/effect-options-now-available.html

Last edited:
According to Johnny, this can be a way for customers to get blood on statues where the licensor has previously placed a restriction.

I dunno, thoughts? Maybe it's because we haven't seen this from a mass-production studio, but the move seems desperate to me. Wonder how they're doing financially.

interesting idea, but what if they get the splatters wrong, or not to your liking? is there some sort of preview option? Eeeeh, I could see this turning into a nightmare for Blitzway if they have to please all the nerd boyz

interesting idea, but what if they get the splatters wrong, or not to your liking? is there some sort of preview option? Eeeeh, I could see this turning into a nightmare for Blitzway if they have to please all the nerd boyz
Doesn't sound like it with this asterisk
*Effects will be added according to the painter's artistic vision. Specific requests for expression, progress updates, or revisions will not be accepted.

Sounds like you get what you get.

I still don’t get what the premium plan offers over basic.
I think (after reading it three times) you have more interactions with the artist to get your statue exactly how you want it.

I also think the basic is allowed for only certain statues while premium allows you to do most statues

Only way I see premium being worth it is if I am super rich and it’s a one time fee that I can do to any statue I order from now until I die. Also Super models must deliver in person and be able to convince my wife that this is all normal.

Last edited:
Seems weird to me. Is this something people have been asking for? For the ability to get blood and snow added to a statue? And $500 seems awful steep for a little blood splatter, or some snow on a base. On top of that, it's based on the "painter's artistic vision" and not necessarily YOUR vision, if I'm understanding this correctly. So you might shell out the extra $500 and end up with something you're not satisfied with. You can only ask for the effect(s) and you'll get what you get.

As for the premium plan, $10k is absurd. "Some requests may not be fulfilled" and "Cancellations or refunds (including deposits) are not accepted due to customer preferences regarding the final product. Please understand the service content before using it" - so again, if I'm understanding correctly, if during the process you're unhappy with how the painter is carrying out your requests, or they simply say they can't/won't fulfill a request, you're out that money and get a statue painted the same as all the other editions?

The other thing that crossed my mind is are they going to dull down paint jobs on their products to try and pressure customers into getting the premium plan and better paint jobs?

Maybe I'm way off and don't understand the premium plan at all, but it, as well as the basic plan, come across as desperate money grabs.

Back