Queen Studios: LOTR - Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) 1/3 Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Aragorn-esborra-453102331-1227635478406842-6726467997269533413-n.jpg

Aragorn-esborra-453254743-1227635485073508-1582519019798172888-n.jpg

Looks really good and will have to see more. Might have to sell the 1/6 figure and use that money to fund this. This also makes me wonder what impact, if any, this will have on JND's own LOTR 1/3 line. Haven't heard anything since their Arwen

Well this looks incredible! Think it'll put to rest all the squabble over people arguing the price of JND being super high, this is on par with Wonder Woman with less silicone.

I don't like the stature of the statue entirely, seems a tad too thin, not a very dynamic pose, not enough presence from first appearences, just doesn't feel hefty enough. The hair is impressive, in fact, it sort of all is. Will be interesting to see JND Aragorn, surprised there's not much talk over this so far.

I'm not really feeling to impressed with this piece. The rumours are that it will be around $3K.....which is both unsurprising and disappointing at the same time. In my opinion, the likeness is off - which just seems to be par for the course for all these (so called) hyper real movie statues. The pose is oddly effeminate from the waist down, and studying the piece in detail - it seem that the most effort has been invested in the headsculpt, while the rest has been completed to a more "standard" level - e.g the hands.

Despite my misgivings about the piece itself - I have concerns over Queen Studios the company. They're unreliable in regards to deliveries and wait times. I still have an unfulfilled pre order for the black suit Black Widow, and I'm doubtful my pre order for the 1/4 Loki will be satisfied anytime soon. I see no real efforts or improvements in the way QS is honouring collectors business - so to me, this is a real excitement killer in and of itself.

Maybe the worst thing in all of this, is that I have little expectation / hope that JND can / will do any better than this version of Aragorn - I'd even go so far as to hope they don't even make an attempt (for their own sake). If i was going to get any of the current options - I'd say the best "bang per buck" is the Infinity 1/2 scale - which, of course, has it's own flaws and drawbacks.......

I'm not really feeling to impressed with this piece. The rumours are that it will be around $3K.....which is both unsurprising and disappointing at the same time. In my opinion, the likeness is off - which just seems to be par for the course for all these (so called) hyper real movie statues. The pose is oddly effeminate from the waist down, and studying the piece in detail - it seem that the most effort has been invested in the headsculpt, while the rest has been completed to a more "standard" level - e.g the hands.

Despite my misgivings about the piece itself - I have concerns over Queen Studios the company. They're unreliable in regards to deliveries and wait times. I still have an unfulfilled pre order for the black suit Black Widow, and I'm doubtful my pre order for the 1/4 Loki will be satisfied anytime soon. I see no real efforts or improvements in the way QS is honouring collectors business - so to me, this is a real excitement killer in and of itself.

Maybe the worst thing in all of this, is that I have little expectation / hope that JND can / will do any better than this version of Aragorn - I'd even go so far as to hope they don't even make an attempt (for their own sake). If i was going to get any of the current options - I'd say the best "bang per buck" is the Infinity 1/2 scale - which, of course, has it's own flaws and drawbacks.......
I think the effeminate look is being created by the way they’ve tucked his duster behind the sword scabbard and folded it around the other side to show off more of the legs, which has created a curvaceous, wide hips effect.

He’s also holding his sword quite awkwardly. It’s just not working for me.

They seemed to not want to go for the hunched over in motion look that both Premium Format and the Infinity Studio statue did but in the process have him standing upright awkwardly. Would still like to see eve more photos (like what we recently got for the Walking Dead figures) considering what we have currently is not the best.

Poses and looks I’d prefer- ripped straight from the movies-
1722979166538.jpeg

I’m a big time sucker for the Amon Hen look.
1722979077357.jpeg

The Helm’s Deep charge pose.
1722980174841.jpeg

And facing the King of the dead.
1722979458050.jpeg

Poses and looks I’d prefer- ripped straight from the movies-
View attachment 718582
I’m a big time sucker for the Amon Hen look.
View attachment 718580
The Helm’s Deep charge pose.
View attachment 718610

And facing the King of the dead.
View attachment 718589
As cool as the sword in front of the face is for pictures, I think blocking a key feature like the face with the sword in 3D/statue form isn't the best idea since it's permanent.

And while not the same look as far as clothing/gear, JND appear to be going with a similar pose to that Helm's Deep charge image you have there

As cool as the sword in front of the face is for pictures, I think blocking a key feature like the face with the sword in 3D/statue form isn't the best idea since it's permanent.

And while not the same look as far as clothing/gear, JND appear to be going with a similar pose to that Helm's Deep charge image you have there
1722984148313.gif

JND have teased Aragorn?!…

I must see this now.

Back