Scammed on Uruk Swordsman Statue - Need Help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joogle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi - I bought a Uruk Swordsman statue, paid via paypal, from a seller on eBay.

The statue was broken in one place, which he told me about, but never told me it is broken in two pieces.

Then the statue arrives today, it is broken from the back, and broken from the right side of the statue, there is not even the piece in there.

2r is the broken tunic from the back

3r is the back of the tunic and left side of the tunic, which he told me is broken, but never told me it is in two pieces.

4r is the back of the statue, showing the broken tunic

5r is the left side of the statue, where the tunic is broke, that hetold me about, but again never told me it is in two pieces

6r is the right side of the statue, broken tunic, where is the piece??

This was completely deception and I am so frustrated at this point, I've opened a dispute with Paypal for a full refund.

Does anyone have any advice.

I won't disclose this eBay sellers ID yet, since he sells some other items, but I would want a full refund, since this is now worthless with it being broken so many places. Plus, that one side where is that missing piece, he never told me about it.

That sucks man.Did you pay for insurance? Also, if the damage was before transit you should probably file a claim with PP.

I would say that there is a good chance that the pieces were broken during shipping. It seems it's damn near impossible to ship this particular piece without breakage.

I would say that there is a good chance that the pieces were broken during shipping. It seems it's damn near impossible to ship this particular piece without breakage.

I shipped mine to jbinny with no issues. Just tape it and use lots and lots of padding.

I hope he included insurance, either way that should be a hassle he should have to deal with.

He has 820 feedbacks, all positive on eBay, and has a logo of 'Top-Seller' from eBay.

He told me one piece is broken, which is the one in the wrapper (left side of the statue, broken piece is tunic), but never told me it is in two pieces. He sent me pictures from the side. And when he showed me the broken piece, he showed it as one.

Now, the back of the tunic I can understand is broken during shipping.

But where in the world did the right side of the tunic piece go, its not even in the box, he clearly lied there!

Plus, guess how he shipped it, he just put wrapping paper around the outside box of the statue. It was not double boxed.

I hope Paypal sides with me, otherwise I will dispute with American Express, because I took pics as soon as I opened the box. I knew it wouldn't be good when I realized he never double boxed it.

im just so frustrated and dont know what to do - i guess i have to wait for his reply then go from there, but i need answers from him quick.

I don't know what "help" I can offer, but you have my condolences; it sounds like you are handling the situation correctly.

Thanks guys - i'll keep you updated, I just feel so deceived and cheated, hate it, this never happened before.

Actually would help is if you guys could let me know what I should do to get my money back quickly and surely.

1. Should I skip the Paypal process and go straight to American Express, would that be the safest bet?

2. Should I even try to contact UPS to see if the guy got insurance on the item, if so, who files claim with UPS, him or myself.

Thanks

I think you have to send it back first and have proof of delivery before PP refunds you. Not sure on that though...

Either way, Amex refund has always been the quickest way in my experience.

My fear is I ship it back and he not refunds the money.

If I dont hear from him by tomorrow, I will call American Express.

I've shipped this statue without probs before, but it really does have to be double boxed, styro taped etc...sounds like a combination of a seller being flexible with the truth and damage caused by bad packaging!

Either way, good luck with getting the refund! :)

I know what you mean mate I ve just recieved my weta legolas with his bow in two and 2 broken fingers I hope that I get my money back !!! postage sucks

ON a brighter note...perhaps he HAS the missing piece. I had a Uruk Swordsman statue with FOUR broken pieces...and I was able to repair it with NO noticable damage.

Should the seller HAPPEN to have the missing piece...it may be possible to get it fixed and make it worth having in your collection.

If he does NOT have the piece...man, I would file fraud claims through paypal AND ebay...and even American Express. People that blatantly deceive on e-bay drive me crazy...I have been burned a couple times...it sucks.

Hi - I bought a Uruk Swordsman statue, paid via paypal, from a seller on eBay.

The statue was broken in one place, which he told me about, but never told me it is broken in two pieces.

Then the statue arrives today, it is broken from the back, and broken from the right side of the statue, there is not even the piece in there.

2r is the broken tunic from the back

3r is the back of the tunic and left side of the tunic, which he told me is broken, but never told me it is in two pieces.

4r is the back of the statue, showing the broken tunic

5r is the left side of the statue, where the tunic is broke, that hetold me about, but again never told me it is in two pieces

6r is the right side of the statue, broken tunic, where is the piece??

This was completely deception and I am so frustrated at this point, I've opened a dispute with Paypal for a full refund.

Does anyone have any advice.

I won't disclose this eBay sellers ID yet, since he sells some other items, but I would want a full refund, since this is now worthless with it being broken so many places. Plus, that one side where is that missing piece, he never told me about it.

Things do get damaged in the post however it is the sellers responsibility to package the item properly. Paypals policy is that once you pay all responsibility is on the seller to make sure the item arrives in perfect condition. That includes packaging an item safely and properly so if it arrives damaged, bascially it is up to the seller to refund you(once you send item back) or to send you a new one.

Just a side note if your ever ordering stuff on ebay i would advise always to get the seller to send you on pics of the object from a few angles so that you can judge for yourself. If they can't do that or refuse to do so usually its because there would be a problem with it and they aren' t telling the full story.

Last edited:
Sympathies for the damage but don't hesitate in starting the claim process. It's not a personal attack on the seller, just you protecting your investment is all.

Inform PP and whoever else you have to a.s.a.p and good luck :peace

...since this is now worthless with it being broken so many places.

Sorry for the damage.

The only broken with your case through paypal/shipper is that the piece was broken when you ordered it. How is the piece now worthless or more worthless when the statue was knowingly broken when you ordered?

Back