SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC 1/6 ROTJ Emperor and Throne - PPO 12/18 @ 10am PT

This might be a noob question, but the emperor and his throne are my first PPOs. I was reading the production blog article and it says to "make sure you are qualified for Priority Pre-Order before Thursday, November 12th at 11:59 PM (PT)." I didn't register/qualify until 12/4, does this mean I wont be able to participate in the PPO?

Doesn't sound that way... You need to register an account with SS and be a newsletter subscriber with both using the same email account. If what you posted is true and you needed to be registered by 11/12 you could be SOL....

I like polystone for environmental displays. The heft of the piece gives it presence something that would seriously be lacking if made out of plastic. Dont hate me for saying this but Hot Toys could pull off quality plastic displays and make them look high end AND with electronics. Sure Sideshow could charge us half the dabs for a plastic alternative but lets be honest, it WOULD look cheap AND plastic.

Doesn't sound that way... You need to register an account with SS and be a newsletter subscriber with both using the same email account. If what you posted is true and you needed to be registered by 11/12 you could be SOL....

Well then bummed doesn't even begin to cover how I feel right now....:(

Don't feel bad. You just need to register before 11:59 PM tonight and you will be ok. :wave

I like polystone for environmental displays. The heft of the piece gives it presence something that would seriously be lacking if made out of plastic.

Unless you're lifting it a great deal, I don't see how heft adds much to it's display value.

Well then bummed doesn't even begin to cover how I feel right now....:(

Don't feel bad. You just need to register before 11:59 PM tonight and you will be ok. :wave

There you go Marf! What I said was based on the date you specified... Hurry up and get registered! There's an entire section outlining what to do to participate in PPOs.... If you have any more issues just ask! :D

From what I have read on this board (and seen first hand in Pitu's vids), polystone breaks easily, it is expensive to transport because of its substantial weight, and limited in features (impossible to add LEDs, etc), not to mention expensive. For a visual display piece that sits on a shelf, why is polystone the preferred material?

I'm sure it's for marketing, prestigious reasons, the intangible stuff. Why put leather on car seats?? It gets really hot, you stick to it, it's easily damaged and expensive to repair, but it costs a lot, and people like that.

If they started making plastic environments, they'd be toys, but because it's heavy and expensive, they're collectibles. Sideshow has rebranded themselves Collectibles as opposed to Toy.

Cool! I might buy and do a custom repaint.

Just got the email reminder about the PPO and it sounds like you guys are right, I'm in the clear! Stoked:D

This isn't something I want so good luck to all of you who want it!!!! It looks really great!

I don't know how much better this will be tahn the old Hasbro version. The emporer didn't really do very much in ROTJ. I was really hoping for a count Dukoo over this.

Man this is AWESOME! I can't wait! This is gonna be so cool! I can't believe-----oh....my Vader won't be to scale with Luke and the rest of the environment?

?????* you, Sideshow....

I don't know how much better this will be tahn the old Hasbro version. The emporer didn't really do very much in ROTJ. I was really hoping for a count Dukoo over this.

I have the old Hasbro version. There is NO comparison. And he was an incredible presence in that film. You see him sitting there and you just know when he gets up out of that chair, there's gonna be trouble. He's definitely my favorite character from ROTJ, right in front of Jabba, another guy who "didn't do much."

Man this is AWESOME! I can't wait! This is gonna be so cool! I can't believe-----oh....my Vader won't be to scale with Luke and the rest of the environment?

?????* you, Sideshow....

That seems a bit harsh. The SS Vader IS to scale. He's a big fraggin guy, and the Emperor is definitely not.

Vader isn't to scale. Don't try to convince yourself of that, like people and the green-jacketed Indy PF.

It was a failure. He's pretty, sure. But scale-wise? A failure.

Anyone know if the figure and thrown will be offered together, like a "one click" option to buy both?

Probably not, but they'll both be on the PPO order page and it would just be one check box extra to click.

I do believe that was a typo. It's typically the day before the PPO - so as long as you are registered for PPO (same email in both newsletter account AND online account) by 11:59 PM on December 17th you should be golden!

:duff

Dusty---always good to see you!!!

Back