Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

I actually kind of keep forgetting that I ordered this. It is a great piece, but I really want him next to Superman. I will have to live with Bats for alot longer though. It is kind of funny that in my excitement for Superman, I keep overlooking this.

At the end of the day, I just love the cape, it's one of the things that sold it for me, and the right side could have just caught the wind.

I have an Enterbay 1/4 Batman figure, and whilst that is an awesome sculpt, it's not dynamic, all you can do is museum pose him really, it looks good, but it's a bit dull. By contrast, to me a statue like this just has such a dynamism to him, the pose, the gargoyle, the wind, there's a story to it of sorts. At the end of the day, after looking at lots and lots of Batman statues it's just in that sweet spot of price vs artistry vs size.

Best thing is, you can stick him alongside Supes and they just gel so well together, because they have a great constrast of colours, have the same style and both have these awesome billowing capes.

So yeah, very nice piece.

I actually kind of keep forgetting that I ordered this. It is a great piece, but I really want him next to Superman. I will have to live with Bats for alot longer though. It is kind of funny that in my excitement for Superman, I keep overlooking this.

Keep Bats in his box (or belfry if you prefer):lol till you get Superman. That would be real hard to do I might add. Those would be two epic unboxings at once.:hi5:

At the end of the day, I just love the cape, it's one of the things that sold it for me, and the right side could have just caught the wind.

I have an Enterbay 1/4 Batman figure, and whilst that is an awesome sculpt, it's not dynamic, all you can do is museum pose him really, it looks good, but it's a bit dull. By contrast, to me a statue like this just has such a dynamism to him, the pose, the gargoyle, the wind, there's a story to it of sorts. At the end of the day, after looking at lots and lots of Batman statues it's just in that sweet spot of price vs artistry vs size.

Best thing is, you can stick him alongside Supes and they just gel so well together, because they have a great constrast of colours, have the same style and both have these awesome billowing capes.

So yeah, very nice piece.

I couldn't agree more. The more I look at the capes actually, the more I become giddy with excitment and how they will look together. Can't wait!:panic:

No doubt Lexus, I don't see anything wrong with the cape. The whole thing is obviously made to look like he's surveying from the rooftop of a very tall building. Anyone wearing a cape that high up is gonna experience some sort of breeziness. The one thing I did notice between the PF Bat and PF Sup are their spandex tights (undies). Batman's seem very form fitting while Superman's seem a lot looser on him. Has anyone else noticed this? Might be just me, I don't know.

Steven

the cape issue on the Batman PF will run and run...i personally think that the flow of the cape could have been sculpted a lot better and still captured the so called breeze effects. Superman PF has the cape spot on imo and so does the Comic Thor PF too. Its just the gap between the right shoulder and cape that looks off to me :(

No doubt Lexus, I don't see anything wrong with the cape. The whole thing is obviously made to look like he's surveying from the rooftop of a very tall building. Anyone wearing a cape that high up is gonna experience some sort of breeziness. The one thing I did notice between the PF Bat and PF Sup are their spandex tights (undies). Batman's seem very form fitting while Superman's seem a lot looser on him. Has anyone else noticed this? Might be just me, I don't know.

Steven

Black makes everything look smaller. It's been said SS gave Superman big red granny panties but I think they're both fine. :cool:

the cape issue on the Batman PF will run and run...i personally think that the flow of the cape could have been sculpted a lot better and still captured the so called breeze effects. Superman PF has the cape spot on imo and so does the Comic Thor PF too. Its just the gap between the right shoulder and cape that looks off to me :(

Yeah I agree mate.

I really like the flow of the cape. I think in person it will blow your minds in hand!:explode: Mamba said it looked epic in person.

Steven

Everybody knows that Kryptonians are 'Growers' and not 'Showers'.

I really like the flow of the cape. I think in person it will blow your minds in hand!:explode: Mamba said it looked epic in person.

:goodpost::exactly: Mamba has awesome taste... and I will take that over any video evidence or pics... In Mamba I TRUST!!!!

Yeah I agree mate.

That is my issue also.

Seems like the really cool guys think the cape has too much of a gap. :)

That is my issue also.

Seems like the really cool guys think the cape has too much of a gap. :)

Ah but the guy who has seen it in person thinks it looks epic... Eyebrow gate anyone.... Hey wait a minute JAWS and RB losing it over a photo ... This feels familiar ... Hmmmm

Nerd? But Jaws.........

tumblr_mfrwrshPYg1ra0n37o1_500.gif

My chest!! my heart.............it hurts :monkey2

It's crazy to think the Hulk PF could have been had for $324.99 back then. After looking at my purchase history, how can SS charge $429.99 for a Hulkbuster Comiquette but only $379.99 for Skaar PF :huh

Back