Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

So i take it your not overly fond of the cape design also?:dunno

You know, I always took it as flapping in the wind or he flipped it over to ready his batarang.... but now that you've pointed it out, the gap seems almost Zack Snyder excessive. I'm still more OK with it than not. More bruised about missing out on the EX.

Remember guys it will be mere fractions of an inch once in hand though.

I am not denying that it may look better in person. But it's not like I am looking at all of these photos in big giant blow up shots. So I have seen what the cape will look like at an even smaller scale. Thus to my eyes and some others the cape looks goofy. It's not a matter of how high it is. It's the "feminine" way it appears.

Batman-Premium-Format-Figure-07.jpg
SS_Batman_Scale.jpg

Yet I look at the Koto sculpt and the cape is off the shoulder but I think because the pose is "dynamic" and masculine it looks fine in my eyes.

2012-01-19_105437_BatmanARTFX1JPG-noscale.jpg

But the cape even looks a bit off to me from this angle

497486batman.jpg

However when a photo is taken at a lower angle look at how much better it looks because it looks like the cape is lower to the shoulder.

IMG_89341-150x150.jpg

You can see more shots ant this angle in full size here

https://www.plastikitty.com/home/sdcc-2012-sideshow-collectibles-dc-comics-statues

But it's not a make or break thing with the statue for me. As the great outweighs the bad.

sdcc2012_sideshow_marvel_1.jpg

I am not denying that it may look better in person. But it's not like I am looking at all of these photos in big giant blow up shots. So I have seen what the cape will look like at an even smaller scale. Thus to my eyes and some others the cape looks goofy. It's not a matter of how high it is. It's the "feminine" way it appears.

Batman-Premium-Format-Figure-07.jpg
SS_Batman_Scale.jpg

Yet I look at the Koto sculpt and the cape is off the shoulder but I think because the pose is "dynamic" and masculine it looks fine in my eyes.

2012-01-19_105437_BatmanARTFX1JPG-noscale.jpg

But the cape even looks a bit off to me from this angle

497486batman.jpg

However when a photo is taken at a lower angle look at how much better it looks because it looks like the cape is lower to the shoulder.

IMG_89341-150x150.jpg

You can see more shots ant this angle in full size here

https://www.plastikitty.com/home/sdcc-2012-sideshow-collectibles-dc-comics-statues

But it's not a make or break thing with the statue for me. As the great outweighs the bad.

sdcc2012_sideshow_marvel_1.jpg

Jaws, im not bigging you up cos you agree with me but i agree with all your points. If you take that picture you posted of the kotobukiya Batman, yes the cape looks like its flowing in the wind, but the cape flows as one if you get my drift... The Kotobukiya cape looks awesome :lecture

Its Friday today and the Batman PF is still as far away from shipping as it was the day we pre ordered it. So what better way to pass the time than to show that bloody cape with 15 inch gap between the right shoulder :slap Its just not right imo...can someone photoshop the Superman PF cape or the Comic Thor PF cape onto the Batman PF cos i'd be interested to see how much it would improve the overall look. That way youwouldnt get so many people saying that they'd display their Bats from one particular angle so to avoid seeing the dodgy cape flaw. A statue should be displayed from any angle without fuss and still look amazing...

Oh and i forgot to mention that his neck looks way too long...:( if i had a neck that long then i'd put it to good use and spy on my sexy neighbour from over the fence when she's doing the gardening whilst on her knees! :) Go Go Gadget neck!!!! (Ha!ha!)

Cancel your order then. Let someone who thinks its a good piece get it. That goes for everyone crying about the cape. It looks great.

Cancel your order then. Let someone who thinks its a good piece get it. That goes for everyone crying about the cape. It looks great.

Well said :exactly: I've never liked that guy anyway. :lecture

Just kidding Andy you know i love ya :1-1: :lol

Well said :exactly: I've never liked that guy anyway. :lecture

Just kidding Andy you know i love ya :1-1: :lol

Actually, no i didnt know that....:inlove maybe you'd like to do something this evening perhaps? A meal followed by a romantic stroll by the river? Who knows, maybe i can show you whats under my cape!!!:naughty although it may have a raised gap of about 4 inches off my right shoulder but its nothing to worry about :)

Last edited:

Actually, no i didnt know that....:inlove maybe you'd like to do something this evening perhaps? A meal followed by a romantic stroll by the river? Who knows, maybe i can show you whats under my cape!!!:naughty although it may have a raised gap of about 4 inches off my right shoulder but its nothing to worry about :)

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Jaws, im not bigging you up cos you agree with me but i agree with all your points. If you take that picture you posted of the kotobukiya Batman, yes the cape looks like its flowing in the wind, but the cape flows as one if you get my drift... The Kotobukiya cape looks awesome :lecture

I think you nailed it. It's the flow that looks off. Also, for me anyways, it's the stance he has from certain angles. Just has that feminine quality that I don't like for the BATMAN

Never ever will understand why people can't talk about what they don't like about a statue without being told to not buy it.

Neither Roberto or myself had said we hate the piece. Hell it would be easier if I did hate it. I would have one or two posts about what I don't like and then be on my way, never to return until the In hand shots started to come in.

But like the Superman EX head, there is so much to love about this piece that I can't help but point out and discuss what it is that I don't like. If I just hated the EX head on Superman I could live with that. But it is so close to greatness that it drives me crazy that they messed it up with the flame eyes. The batman PF looks so epic from certain views but not so much from others. I just wish it was a perfect 360 statue.

I am sure Artic that you must own some statues that you love but are not 100% happy with. That there is something you wish was changed. Same thing here. It's just a discussion. Don't take it personally.

Jaws is a man of few words. But when he speaks, he speaks words of wisdom.

Not the JAWS I know ... he won't Shut Up ... Yack Yack Yack!!!!!!! :wink1:

Nah He knows I am kidding the man speaks up quit well, and he makes great points. This is a discussion board after all.

However, there are quit a few downer threads now where people are dissapointed ... I wonder if some are getting dissapointment fatigue:dunno

Not the JAWS I know ... he won't Shut Up ... Yack Yack Yack!!!!!!! :wink1:

Nah He knows I am kidding the man speaks up quit well, and he makes great points. This is a discussion board after all.

However, there are quit a few downer threads now where people are dissapointed ... I wonder if some are getting dissapointment fatigue:dunno

There's a few? **** it seems like every thread I go on is 90% negative.

There's a few? **** it seems like every thread I go on is 90% negative.

Yeah I have been noticing it. Even with great pieces that are in hand that people LOVE people have to be negative. Now I have done that in the past, but I have tried to stop out of respect for the owners, and because it becomes exhausting to read ...lol

Back