Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Thanks dtssyst for the photo.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone really say that the one on the right does not look much better and more epic?? Much more classic batman!! It's all opinion I know. But man that looks amazing.

attachment.php

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can anyone really say that the one on the right does not look much better and more epic?? Much more classic batman!! It's all opinion I know. But man that looks amazing.

attachment.php

...So you're saying less than a half inch of movement get's you pretty excited, huh?

attachment.php

Sure it looks fine, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "way more epic", and "much more classic Batman", when all that I'm seeing here, is a slight adjustment of the cape on one shoulder.

I didn't know Batman becomes much more classic, if is his cape is flapping less in the wind only in a certain way. :wink1:

Just messin' wit ya. :)

This is one of those things, where yes, if people talk about it or photoshop things, then I'm gonna notice. Otherwise, I still would have not cared about the cape.
What you don't know, won't hurt you, kinda thing.
Now I'm going to be analyzing it too lol

I'll still be happy with this statue regardless of cape positioning though!!!!

attachment.php

Honestly Jaws, I would put either one of them on my display shelf and drool. They both look great to me.

Sure it looks fine, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's "way more epic", and "much more classic Batman", when all that I'm seeing here, is a slight adjustment of the cape on one shoulder.

I didn't know Batman becomes much more classic, if is his cape is flapping less in the wind only in a certain way. :wink1:

Just messin' wit ya. :)

This is one of those things, where yes, if people talk about it or photoshop things, then I'm gonna notice. Otherwise, I still would have not cared about the cape.
What you don't know, won't hurt you, kinda thing.
Now I'm going to be analyzing it too lol

I'll still be happy with this statue regardless of cape positioning though!!!!

OK I may have gotten a bit hyped about it but if you have kept up with any of my post you will see that I have never been happy with the cape. I think it looks off. I know what they are trying to do but it does not capture that dynamic feel they are trying to go for. In my eyes anyways. I have seen the cape off of Bats shoulder offten but it is usually when he is in action not just standing there. When he is just standing on the roof tops most artist will draw him with his cape in movement but not so far up off his shoulder. Not saying it has not been done but usually his cape is drapped off both solders. It is just a more classic Batman look to me which is what I ment when I said epic (bad choice of words)

...So you're saying less than a half inch of movement get's you pretty excited, huh?

Doesnt everyone?????

Honestly Jaws, I would put either one of them on my display shelf and drool. They both look great to me.

That's cool. Most love it just the way it is. I just think the photoshopped photo looks amazing and far better then the original.

To me it just looks so much more natural and because of that it looks more dynamic as opposed to forced.

Here are some Jim Lee Batman roof tops
Jim_Lee_Batman_by_dcjosh.jpg

2860557-144_batman_jim_lee2.jpg

Here is one that I don't really care for as the cape looks unnatural.

jim-lee-batman.jpg

Some other examples of what I like and why I wish it looked more like the touched up photo.

63-batman.jpg
wallpaper-batman-and-robin-neal-adams-3.jpg

Look at the natural flow and look of this cape. I swear that it was SSC original idea to have his arm raised and that is why the cape stands as high as it does.

Batman1C.jpg

Here is one where Adam's has the cape in almost the same height off the shoulder. But even though Batman's Cape is even more dynamic and he is in a more of a state of action the cape is still closer to the shoulder.

AdamsBatman.jpg

But I know that it's just my opinion. Like I have said I think it is mostly a great statue. It just IMO needs that one little fix to make it perfect.

Jaws I see what you see - I like the one on the right better. I think mostly because it seems to draw more attention to his chest and makes him look more intimidating. I think his pose gets a little lost in the original if you compare the two.

To me it just looks so much more natural and because of that it looks more dynamic as opposed to forced.

Here are some Jim Lee Batman roof tops
Jim_Lee_Batman_by_dcjosh.jpg

2860557-144_batman_jim_lee2.jpg

Here is one that I don't really care for as the cape looks unnatural.

jim-lee-batman.jpg

Some other examples of what I like and why I wish it looked more like the touched up photo.

63-batman.jpg
wallpaper-batman-and-robin-neal-adams-3.jpg

Look at the natural flow and look of this cape. I swear that it was SSC original idea to have his arm raised and that is why the cape stands as high as it does.

Batman1C.jpg

Here is one where Adam's has the cape in almost the same height off the shoulder. But even though Batman's Cape is even more dynamic and he is in a more of a state of action the cape is still closer to the shoulder.

AdamsBatman.jpg

But I know that it's just my opinion. Like I have said I think it is mostly a great statue. It just IMO needs that one little fix to make it perfect.

All great points and examples. I have the Batman on Gargoyle statue with the arm raised to throw the Batarang, as well as an Alex Ross "Return of a Legend" Batman statue modeled exactly after that Ross painting on the rooftop with the cape flowing like that. The only thing I would contribute to this conversation is that we are making assumptions and formulating opinions based on photos. Whoever has seen the SS Bstman in person has said it looks epic, and didn't have a problem with the cape. Guess time will tell.

People have to get over the cape thing. It looks great to me and they're not gonna change it so just relax and enjoy what's coming.

Actually if you look at these pics you and the one below I kind of think that Canale took the Adams pic as an inspiration for the way the cape moves. It is very close.
Batman-Premium-Format-Figure-07.jpg

SS_Batman_Scale.jpg

AdamsBatman.jpg

They will not change it. So it must stop.
Focus on the great things about the piece.

Yeah I am kind of thinking that it isn't necessary to have all the talk right now... like everyone is saying it isn't going to change.

That's actually a good thing :lol

I would agree with you there but the Bats thread seems the only thread I visit where you can discuss stuff without it going overboard psychotic at the moment. Dudes here are cool :peace

I would agree with you there but the Bats thread seems the only thread I visit where you can discuss stuff without it going overboard psychotic at the moment. Dudes here are cool :peace

Where are people being psychotic ... I want to go and join the madness... lol.

Back