Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

Actually if you look at these pics you and the one below I kind of think that Canale took the Adams pic as an inspiration for the way the cape moves. It is very close.
Batman-Premium-Format-Figure-07.jpg

SS_Batman_Scale.jpg

AdamsBatman.jpg

Yeah I am kind of thinking that it isn't necessary to have all the talk right now... like everyone is saying it isn't going to change.

I agree but the adam's pic as I said actually has more action to it and thus the cape feels more natural. As opposed to the PF which is him just standing there. Also the pose on the Adams picture is more manly :)

And sure it's not going to change but I will always put my opinion out there and back it up with why I feel like I do. I am not dumping on the piece as a whole I have been respectful and have said that it is a winner for the most part. Just a half an inch away from greatness. ( and yes that's what she said):)

People have to get over the cape thing. It looks great to me and they're not gonna change it so just relax and enjoy what's coming.

See reply above. I really don't know why you care if a few people discuss what they don't like about it. If this site was just a site where everyone jerked each other off and talked about how everything SS does is awesome, I would never visit here.

Twice now Artic you have complained about others issues with this item. How about you get over the complaining thing ;) :)

Personally I just found it nice that there were some like minded people out there. I thought I was the only one who had an issue with the cape.

There is always something to complain about with every pf :lol

My Indy TOD PF is Perfect!!! Joker PF turned out perfect as well :) :)

JAWS - I agree. I think it's ok to voice an opinion, especially if you're paying $400+ for a statue. You didn't blast the statue apart, you just stated what bothered you about it.

I agree but the adam's pic as I said actually has more action to it and thus the cape feels more natural. As opposed to the PF which is him just standing there. Also the pose on the Adams picture is more manly :)

And sure it's not going to change but I will always put my opinion out there and back it up with why I feel like I do. I am not dumping on the piece as a whole I have been respectful and have said that it is a winner for the most part. Just a half an inch away from greatness. ( and yes that's what she said):):)

Hey ... you are totally allowed to say what you want and I respect your opinion... you are WRONG ... but I respect it.:wink1:

JAWS - I agree. I think it's ok to voice an opinion, especially if you're paying $400+ for a statue. You didn't blast the statue apart, you just stated what bothered you about it.

JAWS is good people:clap

Jaws I see what you see - I like the one on the right better. I think mostly because it seems to draw more attention to his chest and makes him look more intimidating. I think his pose gets a little lost in the original if you compare the two.

I agree with you. I think the pose does get a little lost. The one on the right also looks more intimidating and less (wind in hair)

All great points and examples. I have the Batman on Gargoyle statue with the arm raised to throw the Batarang, as well as an Alex Ross "Return of a Legend" Batman statue modeled exactly after that Ross painting on the rooftop with the cape flowing like that. The only thing I would contribute to this conversation is that we are making assumptions and formulating opinions based on photos. Whoever has seen the SS Bstman in person has said it looks epic, and didn't have a problem with the cape. Guess time will tell.

Yes we will have to see in Hand to find out. I really....really....REALLY, hope I am wrong!

They will not change it. So it must stop.
Focus on the great things about the piece.

It must??? Why???

Thanks StarScream

Hey ... you are totally allowed to say what you want and I respect your opinion... you are WRONG ... but I respect it.:wink1:

First of all I think you stole my "your opinion is wrong" Joke. I want it back.

JAWS is good people:clap

Second... Thanks!!!!

So Spidey, What do you think of the photoshopped picture? Come on, you can admit it looks better. :)

attachment.php

Yes we will have to see in Hand to find out. I really....really....REALLY, hope I am wrong!
You are.... But that is okay... Remember others have seen this and love it.

First of all I think you stole my "your opinion is wrong" Joke. I want it back.
Firstly, NO!!!!:wink1:

Second... Thanks!!!!
You are welcome

So Spidey, What do you think of the photoshopped picture? Come on, you can admit it looks better. :)

attachment.php

Actually JAWS I WOULD say yes, IF I hadn't seen the other pics, videos, and the 360 which shows how the cape rises up and then trails off and BACK. I get more of a feel of movement from it the way it is. I know you think it makes it all look a little off and feminine, but I don't get that the way you do. I see form and flowing action, but hey that is just me

Last edited:

Actually JAWS I WOULD say yes, IF I hadn't seen the other pics, videos, and the 360 which shows how the cape rises up and then trails off and BACK. I get more of a feel of movement from it the way it is. I know you think it makes it all look a little off and feminine, but I don't get that the way you do. I see form and flowing action, but hey that is just me

Actually from straight on, like in the photo, I don't think it looks as feminine. I just think the cape looks awkward and forced but not feminine.

I hate these two angles and think they look feminine. Which is too bad because you can't see the EX unless displayed like this.

sideshow-collectibles-batman-premium-format-statue.jpg

1E4A17F7-681A-4A7D-8245-6C955C09734C-6497-00000E9267178990.jpg

Not sure if the cape being lower would help the way the leg looks from the second shot I am posting but I think it would help the first shot.

Like I said, I like my statues to look great form all angles.

Actually from straight on, like in the photo, I don't think it looks as feminine. I just think the cape looks awkward and forced but not feminine.

I hate these two angles and think they look feminine. Which is too bad because you can't see the EX unless displayed like this.

sideshow-collectibles-batman-premium-format-statue.jpg

Not sure if the cape being lower would help the way the leg looks from the second shot I am posting but I think it would help the first shot.

Like I said, I like my statues to look great form all angles.

You my friend are a classic worry wart...jokes. Honestly my man I think the 360 look epic and show that the feminine pose doesn't effect it very much. However, that is just me.... Continue with your worrying ...lol.

That's what I figured.... Spidey is never speechless :)

Nope Never!!!! Been known to talk in my sleep even....lol.

I can't wait for this......Will pose it with Martin's head sculpt rather then Andy's...both are great, but I prefer martin's...All in all will be my centerpiece.....Just love everything about it! :D!

I can't wait for this......Will pose it with Martin's head sculpt rather then Andy's...both are great, but I prefer martin's...All in all will be my centerpiece.....Just love everything about it! :D!

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost::hi5:

I don't now why, but as much as JAWS hates this angle ... I LOVE it... Just do

Probably my second or third fav pic

And sure it's not going to change but I will always put my opinion out there and back it up with why I feel like I do. I am not dumping on the piece as a whole I have been respectful and have said that it is a winner for the most part. Just a half an inch away from greatness. ( and yes that's what she said):)

See reply above. I really don't know why you care if a few people discuss what they don't like about it. If this site was just a site where everyone jerked each other off and talked about how everything SS does is awesome, I would never visit here.

Twice now Artic you have complained about others issues with this item. How about you get over the complaining thing ;) :)

Personally I just found it nice that there were some like minded people out there. I thought I was the only one who had an issue with the cape.

My Indy TOD PF is Perfect!!! Joker PF turned out perfect as well :) :)

All I'm saying is all this cape bashing is getting old bro but if you want to keep at it thats cool. Believe me now we get it though you don't like the cape.

OMG guys, what's with the RED bat symbol on his chest! I can't believe no ones caught that yet!!! :gah:

I've never seen Batman with a red symbol on his chest! Sidehow better change that or I'm canceling. Jeez they always find something to mess up!:slap

That one was for you CBG! :yess::rotfl:peace

Back