SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder which will look better. This or the hot toys one
I think there are aspects of both that beat one another, however, in overall quality, the HT/Hono will probably be best out the box. I don't like the rubber undies or bright, metallic blue on the Hono, but overall I think it looks better. Especially the headsculpt and overall body proportions. Plus, the silicone arms will look nicer on display in my opinion than the sculpted ones from sideshow. But. I still have a love for the Sideshow and feel like with a few tweaks, it could be a really nice comic representation. The metal claws are always a nice touch. I don't think the Hono ones are metal.
Also feel really stupid for not getting the sideshow xmen when I should have
Before I got Magneto, he was the only one I regretted really. But with Hono, Present Toys and SooSoo making versions of the others along with sideshow, there are many options if any of those end up suiting what you want out of a comic Xmen collection. The worst thing about the Sideshow ones is the body followed by the headsculpts (at least on Cyclops, Wolverine and Gambit). I couldn't get over those two aspects so I've sold them now. I do love how they did Cyclops' swap out visors though.
Yeah, I read that you are going toward statues now. I think if I ever did that down the road, I would probably lean into the life size busts. Maybe once the kids are out of the house 😬
Yea, mostly statues for sure. I'll keep a select few 1/6 stuff though. I just got to the point where figures gave me too many options and too much thought (and money) going into mods whereas statues are sort of easy. You either like it or you don't. There aren't any options to swap the body, clothing (if mixed media) etc. Maybe do a repaint if necessary. The only real problem is space and pricing :lol

To keep on topic of Xmen, I'd rather have 1 Cyclops statue I love versus a few 1/6 figures that have something that I like from each but neither being the complete package

Last edited:
Back