Star Wars 1/6th Interactive Gallery Demo - Feedback Wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timemaster11

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hello all,

Looking for some feedback. As far as I can tell, aside from the Visual List, there is not a good excel list anywhere. Making lists is kind of a thing I do, so I created a demo of how I would make one in Airtable (kind of a No Code Database). I used just the Solo figures to start since it was the smallest set of figures and had the least variables.

So far I just have the most basic details: 2 Images, Figure Name, ID, Retail Cost, Movie. I also added a few small functions a buy on eBay button, and view the Sideshow page.

What other info would you like to see? Is this a resource any of you would be interested in using?

1723628334649.png

You don't need to sign up to use this, you should all just be able to view. If you don't want to click a random internet link, I totally get it, so the pic above shows you kind of what it looks like, but it is missing some of the interactive functions such as the scrolling pic and the ability to click the view on Sideshow button and Buy on eBay button.
https://airtable.com/applg7r5Uh4wD9Sep/shrV0y1jlnetVPfah

I am sure some might ask, No, I am not asking for any money or for anyone to do anything.

If anyone has an a spreadsheet with relevant data that would be great, if not it's a project I will probably slowly grind through just for my personal use.

Great idea. I'm not familiar with airtable. My one question is would it literally just be a single scrollable list? Or is there a way to search through it or separate them into movies/categories? I only ask because there's sooo many and it would be a big list to scroll through without any kind of way to quickly get to what you're looking for. Either way, it would be a great thing to have an entire compiled visual list of all hot toys/sixth scale.

My one question is would it literally just be a single scrollable list?
No, not at all. Functionally yes it will scroll all of them but it has a pretty robust filter capability which allows you to layer multiple filters. The key there is I need to build in fields that make useful filters.

Example. I have a designation for every figure that is Character. I will add a field for a lack of a better word "Trilogy". So in the filters you will be able to set the list to Original Trilogy, then add the next filter Character. I then set that to Luke and the list will just be every version of Luke from the OT.

It also has a search so if you know the specific ID of the fig or name or whatever you can search that way. It does't need a 100% match to search either. If you put "Luke" in the search it will just pop down to the first Luke it sees, then the next and the next. Obviously the more specific the search the more narrow the result.

Added in RotJ and TPM (Feedback Welcome)

Still working on format and field choice. I have Release Date in, but the data is incomplete right now, same with Announcement Date (not displayed)
Dates won't be exact, I don't love it but with the way these are released hard to be 100% accurate. With the two dates I hope to calculate average turn time, and just be able to pull out some fun stats about which figures were annouced but took the longest to actually hit the shelves.

1723948149462.png

Hello all,

Looking for some feedback. As far as I can tell, aside from the Visual List, there is not a good excel list anywhere. Making lists is kind of a thing I do, so I created a demo of how I would make one in Airtable (kind of a No Code Database). I used just the Solo figures to start since it was the smallest set of figures and had the least variables.

So far I just have the most basic details: 2 Images, Figure Name, ID, Retail Cost, Movie. I also added a few small functions a buy on eBay button, and view the Sideshow page.

What other info would you like to see? Is this a resource any of you would be interested in using?

View attachment 720004
You don't need to sign up to use this, you should all just be able to view. If you don't want to click a random internet link, I totally get it, so the pic above shows you kind of what it looks like, but it is missing some of the interactive functions such as the scrolling pic and the ability to click the view on Sideshow button and Buy on eBay button.
https://airtable.com/applg7r5Uh4wD9Sep/shrV0y1jlnetVPfah

I am sure some might ask, No, I am not asking for any money or for anyone to do anything.

If anyone has an a spreadsheet with relevant data that would be great, if not it's a project I will probably slowly grind through just for my personal use.
Is there anything in particular you are after? I’ve got a bunch of data that I’ve collated over the years, I was going to do a website at one point but it never happened. Happy to share if it’s helpful. Nothing is 100% complete but I’ve got data with codes, dates, links, battery types, credits, accessories etc. Also got images, some manuals etc.

Is there anything in particular you are after? I’ve got a bunch of data that I’ve collated over the years, I was going to do a website at one point but it Never Happened. Happy to share if it’s helpful. Nothing is 100% complete but I’ve got data with codes, dates, links, battery types, credits, accessories etc. Also got images, some manuals etc.
I am happy to see any data you have and see what I can add. Airtables Gallery function has some limits that I am still trying to work around. Right now this is kind of a just a better visual checklist with good filters. I'd like to get some actual analysis and trend work in, but again I will have to see what I can do with the Gallery, it turn out the building the gallery data makes for a good dataset to drop into Tableau or another visualization program.

Back