Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I don't get it, why butcher it like that?
Maybe made for this guy?
8v8bvj.gif

For the rest of us, several of the same beautiful shots here:

Last edited:
I HATE vertical movies. The phone generation is odd indeed.
It’s different but not bad. The problem is other than our phones, nothing is viewed vertically. They don’t have sports this way and movies aren’t filmed this way (yet). So until that happens sticking to good old horizontal is best. I honestly don’t think the switch would ever happen but who knows.

It’s different but not bad. The problem is other than our phones, nothing is viewed vertically. They don’t have sports this way and movies aren’t filmed this way (yet). So until that happens sticking to good old horizontal is best. I honestly don’t think the switch would ever happen but who knows.

And our eyes aren't placed vertically.

There is no horizon in a vertical world.

I absolutely agree and very much prefer horizontal storytelling - however as somebody in the industry, I will say that about 80% of my work this year has been vertical projects. There is a HUGE and growing market for them - especially overseas. So I am riding that wave instead of trying to hold off on the inevitable. I don't think they will ever surpass traditional film/television in my lifetime, but it seems like they won't be going away anytime soon

human vision is wide not tall so I don't think vertical will really ever take off. only the phone generation will support it. once folding smartphones are widespread and standard all will return to widescreen

Holy crap that vertical stuff is so wrong it hurt my brain I kept wanting to peek around the corner to see what I was missing.

Just what I always wanted to see in a movie, a ceiling!

Yuck!

Back