Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of room to grow with Maul? He was cut in half and died, maybe its a really long shaft and we can watch 30 minutes of his body falling :lol

Resurrecting a dead character is clearly a sign of not having any good ideas of their own; I thought Oppress was bad, but at least a knock-off of Maul is better than a hokey story to justify bringing the original back.

Resurrecting a dead character is clearly a sign of not having any good ideas of their own

Honestly I'd say that's the literal truth. The sky is the limit as far as the million different types of alien/clone/sith/bounty hunter/etc badasses they can invent for the show and they come up with...Maul? Back from the dead? Yeesh.

Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

What's your definition of EU? 2008's The Clone Wars was technically the seventh theatrical SW film...

Yeah, I'd personally lump both CW series into the EU. I understand the current series is officially canon, but that's a load given how inconsistent its been with the films.

So if it is not from Ep I-VI then I won't be buying.

This section of that same article really sums up the stupidity of this:

Among fans, Maul is considered the coolest Darth since Vader, and many were not pleased at his (1) apparent death in his first and only movie appearance.

Filoni was as surprised as anyone during a Clone Wars story meeting when Star Wars (2) creator George Lucas asked Filoni to figure out a way to bring Darth Maul back. He had introduced a similar warrior, the powerhouse Savage Opress, in the third season of Clone Wars because of the lack of a Maul-type antagonist.

1) Apparent death? Really... c'mon now; that's just weaksauce :lol

2) No ____? Really, surprised GL would come up with a stupid lazy idea that would take a dump on his previous work? Yeah, real surprising :rolleyes2 Maybe in the next release of TPM Maul's body will be seen magically fusing back together as he falls. Or better yet; they'll add a scene at the end with his hand reaching up over the edge of the shaft!

2) No ____? Really, surprised GL would come up with a stupid lazy idea that would take a dump on his previous work? Yeah, real surprising :rolleyes2 Maybe in the next release of TPM Maul's body will be seen magically fusing back together as he falls. Or better yet; they'll add a scene at the end with his hand reaching up over the edge of the shaft!

Or an after credits sequence showing his torso at the bottom of the shaft...and then his eyes open! Dun dun dun!!!

Or an after credits sequence showing his torso at the bottom of the shaft...and then his eyes open! Dun dun dun!!!

As always Khev, your ability to take absurdity to the next level is impressive :bow :bow

Although, I think we would then need a quick cutaway to Boba Fett nodding to the screen and giving a thumbs up :hi5:

My personal thoughts on canon would be that both PT and OT are legit, but if something is contradictory the OT will supersede the PT.

And the PT supercedes the cartoons? Makes sense. But the old cartoons fit so well into the PT I have a hard time separating them. The new ones seem foreign to me.

Yeah, well I guess with the 2nd season of the original CW they were given a heads up on how ROTS would start so they were able to dove-tail into the beginning of the film.

I really like that battle sequence when Grievous abducts the Palpatine, I assume they'll eventually copy it in the new series; maybe as a final episode.

(Oops. I missed the part where you said the new series does contradict the PT. I haven't watched very much of it.)

There's a lot to the original cartoon that fleshes out the prequel characters. Same with the Dark Horse comic. Honestly when it comes to canonicity, I have little in the way of rigid standards because the owners of the copyright keeps changing his mind. If he has no solid opinion on the matter, I'll feel free to make my own decisions.

It would be cool if they tried to integrate both series though. Homage to what came first goes a long way toward vindicating its existence.

I thought (initially at least) that the new series was supposed to pretty much wipe away anything that happened in the first cartoon. Sort of like starting over with a clean slate, one of the the reasons Assaj is not dead, even though it seemed clear the intent was that Anakin killed her in the original series.

Seeing as how GL has altered the films already, would either honestly surprise you? And as far as Opress, I don't know why people expect him to die so soon. They invested alot in him, too much hype went into him being ntroduced and his arc had some of the highest ratings. Despite the old testament older fans who may dislike the character as well as Maul coming back, they are both going to be successful as far as the show will be considered. I think both have plenty of mileage left before the show ends for good.Just my .02

As always Khev, your ability to take absurdity to the next level is impressive :bow :bow

Although, I think we would then need a quick cutaway to Boba Fett nodding to the screen and giving a thumbs up :hi5:

Ala robot chicken styley. I can see it now.

Which is getting harder and harder as Lucas keeps upping the ante with each official change/revision.

Definitely. :lol

Yeah I was looking forward to seeing that giant underwater cannon blasting floating starships in the recent water episodes but it was like they were just rebooting that whole campaign.

I thought (initially at least) that the new series was supposed to pretty much wipe away anything that happened in the first cartoon. Sort of like starting over with a clean slate, one of the the reasons Assaj is not dead, even though it seemed clear the intent was that Anakin killed her in the original series.

See, I thought (and I could be wrong here) that in the CGI CW series they mentioned how they thought Ventress was dead. No? That made me assume they were connected but the new show just tramples everything in its path (how many times do Anakin and Dooku meet before ROTS?).

So how long until we see Jango Fett return and find out that it was one of his Clones on Geonosis instead of him? Or how long until we see Qui-Gon Jinn return because he figured out how to heal from a lightsaber through the chest? None of that is dumber than Maul being able to survive being cut in half.

I was always fairly meh on this show but watched it here and there because it seemed at one point to be taking itself seriously but the last season was a little all over the place IMHO and next season with Maul seems to be heading down a worse path.

Back