Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12/18/15)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII (2015) Discussion Thread

I have TPM DVD. That's it. Never bought ROTS.

Same here. Did anyone have the "widescreen" VHS set that came in a bigger box and had a movie cell in it? No joke, I got Jar Jar stepping in poop! I still have it at my parents house. I left all of my VHS movies behind.

Not true!! TPM VHS

:rotfl

Ditto. Bought it from a second hand store for $1. Not sure I ever watched it though.

Let's all get together to watch this on the VCR. PM me your beeper numbers and we'll do this.

I've got everyone beat. I actually special ordered the Laserdisc of Phantom Menace from Japan. I think the thing cost me over $100!

I chalk it up to brainwashing rather than hypocrisy. ;)

I've got everyone beat. I actually special ordered the Laserdisc of Phantom Menace from Japan. I think the thing cost me over $100!

I chalk it up to brainwashing rather than hypocrisy. ;)

On the bright side, I bet you can still jam with Star Wars' soundtrack on your 8-track. :rock

Sounds like fun. Then, we can stay up until 4 in the morning drinking Zima and playing Browneye.

monk3.gif

I own the DVDs of all the prequels and the Bluray complete box set. I also owned TPM VHS with the big box and small version of the art book. The only prequel I will watch anymore is ROTS but I own them all in various formats. It's all Star Wars. I feel compulsive to buy them in whatever format they are released. I also own ANH on Video Disc. Had it since I was a kid.

I'm just really pleased that so many of you fine folks are fans of TPM (give or take). :lol :yess:

As Khev mentioned, all three PT films have merit - in parts, & reek equally in others. I think the Jango / Kamino scenes in AOTC are excellent, & some of the ground battle scenes from the clones' perspective towards the end, are great too.

I love the exchange between Palpatine & Anakin at the theater in ROTS - McDiarmid shines there. Of course the Mustafar battle was great too, but Anakin's lines & delivery toward the end, left me unsatisfied.

The sad reality is, you just can't sit through ANY of them from beginning to end. :huh :lol

On the bright side, I bet you can still jam with Star Wars' soundtrack on your 8-track. :rock

LOL, I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying I ordered it recently, I ordered back when Phantom Menace got released on VHS and GL had stated (at the time) that he had no intention to release it on DVD in the foreseeable future. So, I went for the next best option to DVD, which was Laserdisc. I owned a laserdisc player instead of a VHS player at that point.

He didnt release the laserdisc in the U.S. either, so my only option was the Japan released Laserdisc. Either that or abandon my hatred of VHS and buy a player and a tape of the movie.

LOL, I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying I ordered it recently, I ordered back when Phantom Menace got released on VHS and GL had stated (at the time) that he had no intention to release it on DVD in the foreseeable future. So, I went for the next best option to DVD, which was Laserdisc. I owned a laserdisc player instead of a VHS player at that point.

He didnt release the laserdisc in the U.S. either, so my only option was the Japan released Laserdisc. Either that or abandon my hatred of VHS and buy a player and a tape of the movie.

I didn't have a laserdisc player, so I imported Phantom Menace on VCD.

Did anybody happen to watch Tonight's South Park?

Loved it, Elections and Star Wars.

Apparently they arent happy Star Wars is going to Disney. Funniest episode this season.

I'm in a very small group of people who like AOTC best of the prequels.

As much as I hate on the prequels, there's great stuff throughout. I love the Coruscant chase scene, I love the Arena battle, I love Count Dooku's character, I love seeing a Mandalorian in battle with a Jedi, Ian McDiarmid in any of the three prequels....

But the story? The dialogue? No. No thank you.

As much as I hate on the prequels, there's great stuff throughout. I love the Coruscant chase scene, I love the Arena battle, I love Count Dooku's character, I love seeing a Mandalorian in battle with a Jedi, Ian McDiarmid in any of the three prequels....

But the story? The dialogue? No. No thank you.

I liked:

-TPM score
-Qui-Gon (even though he wasn't needed, maybe even harmed the story)
-Maul
-planet Naboo
-TPM sabre-duel
-AOTC Kamino battle with Jango Fett
-Asteroid field scene
-Dooku
-much of the Arena/Geonosis battle
-ROTS Ian McDiarmid performance
-ROTS Obi-wan's ''You were the chosen one!'' bit
-ROTS seeing Haydakin burn

I liked:

-TPM score
-Qui-Gon (even though he wasn't needed, maybe even harmed the story)
-Maul
-planet Naboo
-TPM sabre-duel
-AOTC Kamino battle with Jango Fett
-Asteroid field scene
-Dooku
-much of the Arena/Geonosis battle
-ROTS Ian McDiarmid performance
-ROTS Obi-wan's ''You were the chosen one!'' bit
-ROTS seeing Haydakin burn

I'll see your list and raise you:
-Watto
-Coruscant

Yeah. That's about it. Qui-Gon is awesome because unlike any other actor in the PT, Liam Neeson never comes off corny. Even when he grabs Jar Jar's tongue at dinner, I don't roll my eyes at his actions or his stern "Don't do that again." As cool as he is, him being Obi-Wan's master does conflict with Obi-Wan's story in ESB/RotJ of Yoda training him, but that's explained by the fact Obi-Wan was once a Youngling being trained by Yoda :slap:lol

Actually "younglings" were cool in Jude Watson's "Jedi Apprentice" series. That was probably the best EU to come from the prequels. That and "Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter."

Back