Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just put it here.

If Superman breaking Zod's neck is seen out of character and the director not understanding Superman then Batman not figuring out the riddle of bringing the rat with wings under the light thus getting caught off guard with Falcone's assassination is the same.

I don't have a problem with Supes needing to kill Zod at that point. The problem is the setup as it has been mentioned here. The family clearly had a way to get away from the heat vision and I'm not talking underneath it even if it's a possibility. Had Superman seen the family making a beeline to the other direction staying close to the rubble as fast as possible, Superman would have definitely prevented the heat vision or Zod from reaching them. There was a lot of space between the two and the family if they escaped the other direction. But it left Superman without a choice due to the dumb scenario.

Again, as suggested earlier, a slight change to the situation will sell the whole scene like having one of the family member's leg pinned against the rubble or something. I give Superman a lot of slack here because this is his first rodeo as Superman and it is against with multiple individuals that are as strong as him. This guy never fought before at all.

On to The Batman. Batman in general is considered as one of the smartest individuals and the greatest detective. Doesn't seem so in the movie. How could he have not solved that riddle as well as figuring out Riddler's grand plan? Sure, the riddles the Riddler gave intentionally have multiple meanings but at that point, Batman should have already worked that out and yet was caught off guard with Falcone's assassination. It was very out of character for Batman. It just feels a mess at that point. Batman isn't competent at solving the riddles, didn't know where the Riddler is, and couldn't be bothered to reverse Google image search what that carpet tucker was at the Mayor's murder scene. So all that time, Batman didn't know what that piece of significant evidence was, didn't bother to research it, and only got an ah-ha moment had not been for that specific officer on guard duty.

Harder for me to cut this Batman some slack because he is in his second year of doing this crap and definitely not his first crazy villain rodeo given the Joker is already in prison. I'm sure he's solved some murder mysteries as well. If you factor the deleted Joker scene, it gives the impression that even Joker has a better grasp of the Riddler situation than Batman did at that time.

The other complaints of Batman surviving that dive from the building, tanking the bullets, or whatever aspect of the car chase is with less merit. It's Batman. He's what a regular human is at their peak in comic book reality. It's a comic book movie.

Hmmmmm... maybe the reason why the family chose not to move from their spot was because there was a man behind Superman and Zod doing some crazy gestures. Scared the **** out of them... lol!

ezgif-1-0820667232.gif

Yea WB is dumb. Reactionary. This movie bombs they will probably sell the rights to Disney 😂. That’s how bad they are

On to The Batman. Batman in general is considered as one of the smartest individuals and the greatest detective. Doesn't seem so in the movie. How could he have not solved that riddle as well as figuring out Riddler's grand plan? Sure, the riddles the Riddler gave intentionally have multiple meanings but at that point, Batman should have already worked that out and yet was caught off guard with Falcone's assassination. It was very out of character for Batman. It just feels a mess at that point. Batman isn't competent at solving the riddles, didn't know where the Riddler is, and couldn't be bothered to reverse Google image search what that carpet tucker was at the Mayor's murder scene. So all that time, Batman didn't know what that piece of significant evidence was, didn't bother to research it, and only got an ah-ha moment had not been for that specific officer on guard duty.
He couldn't focus on finding out who the Riddler was and stopping him because something was in the way.

Absolutely terrible suit on the released picture. Looks loose at the shoulders and its like Superman is not big enough to fill it. Pajama Superman! Small in the pants vibe. James Gunn you can do better.

Im withholding judgement till I can get a full up and down look at the suit.

That said…there is no such thing as an impossible scenario for Superman. That’s the whole damn point of SUPERMAN. We’ve only had over 80 years of people telling stories with the character for someone writing a screenplay to go off of. You present the audience with a situation no mortal man could solve, then Superman solves it in spectacular fashion. It’s extremely easy to write, unless you are a hack, edgelord, buffoon who makes embarrassing trash, lol.

Absolutely terrible suit on the released picture. Looks loose at the shoulders and its like Superman is not big enough to fill it. Pajama Superman! Small in the pants vibe. James Gunn you can do better.
I don't like the suit but I'm not concerned about it looking loose or ill-fitting, I just assume they'll fix that in post.

Im withholding judgement till I can get a full up and down look at the suit.

That said…there is no such thing as an impossible scenario for Superman. That’s the whole damn point of SUPERMAN. We’ve only had over 80 years of people telling stories with the character for someone writing a screenplay to go off of. You present the audience with a situation no mortal man could solve, then Superman solves it in spectacular fashion. It’s extremely easy to write, unless you are a hack, edgelord, buffoon who makes embarrassing trash, lol.
https://www.cbr.com/superman-biggest-failures-dc-comics/

https://whatculture.com/tv/10-times-superman-just-quit?page=1

https://www.watchmojo.com/articles/top-10-times-superman-was-forced-to-take-a-life/

Bunch of hacks

Damn dude do you watch each thread and look for any type of Snyder slander to comment on. The guy doesn’t need you to defend him😂. You can rest

There’s 3 cuts of Superman II, in the theatrical cut (which I assume we all know was the product of a terrible mess behind the scenes) it’s ambiguous if Supes killed Zod and crew, in the other two cuts it’s clear he doesn't. In fact, he does the impossible, the miraculous, to solve the issue without killing…because that’s what Superman does.

You’re welcome to like what you like. Just as I, and many others, are welcome to believe that not only are “visionary director” ZS’s movies terrible, both as films and as representations of the comics, but have caused irreparable damage to the public perception of an almost century old legacy. Is it just his fault? No. The studio executives putting something as important to popular culture as DC into the hands of the guy who made Sucker-Punch certainly deserve as much of the blame, if not more.

There’s 3 cuts of Superman II, in the theatrical cut (which I assume we all know was the product of a terrible mess behind the scenes) it’s ambiguous if Supes killed Zod and crew, in the other two cuts it’s clear he doesn't. In fact, he does the impossible, the miraculous, to solve the issue without killing…because that’s what Superman does.

You’re welcome to like what you like. Just as I, and many others, are welcome to believe that not only are “visionary director” ZS’s movies terrible, both as films and as representations of the comics, but have caused irreparable damage to the public perception of an almost century old legacy. Is it just his fault? No. The studio executives putting something as important to popular culture as DC into the hands of the guy who made Sucker-Punch certainly deserve as much of the blame, if not more.
Ah yes, the other two where he still abandons the mantle of Superman to let humanity deal with all the issues he would normally help with like three Kryptonians trying to take over the world. After he has already put space-time at risk by turning back time for the girl he likes.

Yes, I and many others are welcome to believe the opposite of yourself.

Edit you know what nvm I don’t care enough about Superman to debate this anymore.

T800 you win

Back