T2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atheris

Super Freak
Reaction score
Got my T2 SN edition yesterday....WOW...people...this is the way T2 was ment to be seen! If you got the chance pick this thing up...worth every cent. The 6.1 DTS-HD Master Audio is crazy...I have 70" Sony TV with surround sound in my theater room and I was glued to the screen every second as if it was my first time watching it. Insane friends.....pick it up!

Chris

saw it yesterday at my local target store, i also saw terminator 1 with a different "lenticular" cover on blu, it had like 7 deleted scenes and some other features that i cant remember right now....anyway i will be getting t2 skynet ed probably next week. btw, does anybody know about this new t1 bluray?

saw it yesterday at my local target store, i also saw terminator 1 with a different "lenticular" cover on blu, it had like 7 deleted scenes and some other features that i cant remember right now....anyway i will be getting t2 skynet ed probably next week. btw, does anybody know about this new t1 bluray?

no different than the one already released, just a fancy new cardboard cover and 5 bucks more.

no different than the one already released, just a fancy new cardboard cover and 5 bucks more.

Incorrect. This Blu has a new video transfer and a new lossless audio track. Some people have said that the new video transfer has too much DNR (digital noise reduction) and makes the image look soft. It is still said to be an upgrade over previous releases. The new lossless audio track has been reviewed as the best audio track ever released for T2...worth the price in my opinion if you have HD audio capabilities (like me:D)

Sorry, I thought you were talking about T2...not a repackaged T1

Personally I am going to wait for the 20th anniversary of T2 as I heard a rumour that Cameron himself was going to be working on a new master of the film after he finishes 'Avatar'. The current master they are using now is from the 2003 Extreme dvd, so a new one should have significant improvements.

Incorrect. This Blu has a new video transfer and a new lossless audio track. Some people have said that the new video transfer has too much DNR (digital noise reduction) and makes the image look soft. It is still said to be an upgrade over previous releases. The new lossless audio track has been reviewed as the best audio track ever released for T2...worth the price in my opinion if you have HD audio capabilities (like me:D)

Sorry, I thought you were talking about T2...not a repackaged T1

yeah i meant t1, i almost fell for the pretty new box. but looked under the hood and saw it was the same. the new t2 is great. best i've seen/heard. mine won't connect to the net though :( all my other bd's do :huh

I still haven't picked up mine due to this rumor that Cameron is going to do a new transfer later on. Where was this originally mentioned?

I still haven't picked up mine due to this rumor that Cameron is going to do a new transfer later on. Where was this originally mentioned?

read post 6.

yeah, i heard that as well, and i also heard that cameron, or his representative at Lightstorm approved of this transfer. but again, for me, it was less about terminator 2, and more about getting a $50 sideshow giftcard. :)

read post 6.

yeah, i heard that as well, and i also heard that cameron, or his representative at Lightstorm approved of this transfer. but again, for me, it was less about terminator 2, and more about getting a $50 sideshow giftcard. :)

Unfortunately, that promotion is not running here in Canada, we're always left out in the cold :(.

Got this price matched at Best Buy today for $14.45, which is the cheapest I've seen. (It is $14.45 at Fry's Electronics). Of course, mine came with the $50 gift card so that was even better!:D

I watched it on Friday night, it's a great looking veriosn of the movie, very clean on my 70" 720p screen. It does seemingly have a somewhat softer look but I attribute that to the fact that previous version had added sharpness enhancement. It did have much improved contrast, deeper blacks & color timing...not to mention an awesome DTS MA audio track. Well worth the price IMHO, and the $50 SS coupon makes it an even better bargain.

Got this price matched at Best Buy today for $14.45, which is the cheapest I've seen. (It is $14.45 at Fry's Electronics). Of course, mine came with the $50 gift card so that was even better!:D

Best Buy now has it for $14.99.

Darnit I bought it just a couple days earlier at BB for $19.99. Oh well, still worth it for the gift card.

T1 BR (not 2, which Skynet Edition BR does kick ass) is on Amazon for $15.00, released 2006.

It's the only T1 BR that I recall being ever released (on BR) yet High Def Digest.com has it listed as "Discontinued" but you can buy it from Amazon.

I'm sure when TS is released on DVD, which i'm sure will be sooner rather than later, within that 3 month window which the underperformers arrive in :rolleyes:, T1 will also be re-released on BR again.....what's wrong with this world when Norbit makes more than TS...:horror:eek::sick:horror

Hmmm, buy T1 BR or wait......

Ah crap...for $15.00, i'm getting it.....

Thanks for helping me decide.....:rolleyes::naughty:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Bought mine at Fry's. I didn't know Best Buy had the gift card. If anyone doesn't use their card after all, drop me a note.

Back