The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay now and Rothchild (who I just got) had a wrist peg break in the same exact fashion. Now this might not be an issue (he comes with extra wrist pegs) if the peg wasn't now stuck in the arm and I have no idea how to get it out.

I need help identifying this figure. Does anyone here know what it is?
2f12d023d805e34ffec6eee7f8410b417d7547d3_m.jpg

Do you visit Kid Robot forums? I discovered this forum late in the game but many recent purchases came from the forum. A lot cheaper than eBay. I just scored Fighting JC $165 shipped (ebay has him $300 - $400).

It is buyer beware but I been lucky thus far. I almost scored Deep Powder grunt for $185 shipped but seller traded it during our negotiations :gah: Deep Powder and Emgy Grunts all I need and I have all WWR items I want.

I have just used the Kidrobot forums to buy the Armstrong 8 pack and also the retail Flyod Armstrong from the same seller. Got them all for £290 delivered. I would not have a hope in hell of getting that lot for that price on ebay. The Armstrong's from the 8 pack seem to go for about £50 each plus shipping. Would be expensive to get them all. :thud:
I would say that you just need to check out who your buying from. The guy I bought from was selling loads of stuff but had previous deals with lots of the boardies over there. He was a top guy and held the stuff I wanted for a week and a half so I could sell something to cover my costs. If you want the link to his sale thread PM me there might be some stuff you want.

I have also registered and applied for the 3A BST forum back on the 6th but it seems the mods there do not check the applications very often as I'm still waiting to see if I get accepted. That should be a good place to try and score bits you want at decent prices.

Okay now and Rothchild (who I just got) had a wrist peg break in the same exact fashion. Now this might not be an issue (he comes with extra wrist pegs) if the peg wasn't now stuck in the arm and I have no idea how to get it out.

If you have a pin vice drill you can drill a small hole into the stuck peg. Then use a screw that is slightly larger than the hole and screw it into the newly drilled hole. You should be able to pull the screw and the broken wrist peg out. I hope this helps!

Here is a pic of a pin vice drill (in case you are like me and didn't know what these were called for a long time):
pin_vise_3.jpg

Yeah I considered doing something like that… don't have a pinvise but do have some very small drill bits. Emailed CS first to see what they suggest. I'm not looking for replacements but I also don't want to do any damage that makes them tell me it's my fault and they can't do anything about it.

That's how I pull out broken pegs too. As long as you drill the broken peg and not the arm it wont cause any damage. Its really an easy fix.

Well it worked with the peg in JC's arm… but then when I went to remove the peg from the hand it snapped off in the hand too. Now both the peg in JC's hand and the peg in Rothchild's wrist I can't seem to drill as the peg just spins with the drill bit no matter the speed. It is very frustrating. I even tried taking the drillbit and drilling it by hand.

Love my F-Legion too! I'm going to turn the bat into an Aluminum one though. Thanks to some "how-to" posts, I've learned how to make my own wooden ones, and since this version looks like plastic wood :wink1: I'll be cleaning it up and make it new and shiny. :nana:
Just got my F-Legion and I LOVE it. It is probably my favorite 3A figure so far. Really nice looking and I love the bat.

Well it worked with the peg in JC's arm… but then when I went to remove the peg from the hand it snapped off in the hand too. Now both the peg in JC's hand and the peg in Rothchild's wrist I can't seem to drill as the peg just spins with the drill bit no matter the speed. It is very frustrating. I even tried taking the drillbit and drilling it by hand.

for the peg in rothchild's arm, worst case scenario, you could always pop the forearm off the elbow and split them to get the peg out, then glue them back together.

Do you visit Kid Robot forums? I discovered this forum late in the game but many recent purchases came from the forum. A lot cheaper than eBay. I just scored Fighting JC $165 shipped (ebay has him $300 - $400).

It is buyer beware but I been lucky thus far. I almost scored Deep Powder grunt for $185 shipped but seller traded it during our negotiations :gah: Deep Powder and Emgy Grunts all I need and I have all WWR items I want.

I might've "stolen" that DP Grunt, just wrapped a trade for one up on KR. Though the seller almost waffled on me right before we shipped so maybe he was working us both at the same time.

I might've "stolen" that DP Grunt, just wrapped a trade for one up on KR. Though the seller almost waffled on me right before we shipped so maybe he was working us both at the same time.

We had a deal (I thought) then he didn't respond for several days. When he did respond, I was informed he traded DP for a grail. :mad: I was a bit miffed but congrats to you......

Painted up version of Operation Death Panda's Gordon's Crowbar printed in "white strong and flexible". The texture of the material works well for a sand-cast metal look that a lot of tools have.

Operation Death Panda Gordon's Crowbar by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Operation Death Panda Gordon's Crowbar by dangercorpse, on Flickr

Crowbar is now available. Starting at about $15 depending on the material.

https://www.shapeways.com/model/553566/gordon-s-crowbar.html

I'd suggest getting either the White Strong and Flexible or the Alumide.

Hey Dedguy, i'm not very knowledgable about crafts & customs. You bought the white version and painted it up yourself, correct?

Can you suggest any websites for learning which paints and processes are correct, like a guide so to speak?

I've got a hobby shop nearby and thought i'd give it a go but the only thing i ever painted up before was rough and chipped off within days :slap

Cheers

Back