"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another pic popped up, this time of the Joker Goon:

jokergoonwm9.jpg

Now lets just hope a Two-Face pic like this shows up! :drool

Which company is producing these again? Is it Mattel?

The figures look nice, but I won't be buying them.

Here are the Two-Face pics that were leaked:

That one on the far right is the clearest shot I've seen of the suit. I really like how the "split" suit is so subtle there. I do hope though that he eventually makes a full 'costume,' even if it is for Batman 3.

You also have to remember, compair the Ledger Joker pics to Mattel's Joker figure. The real Joker in the film is MUCH better than the figure. I can only assume here as well, and I already think that the Two-Face figure is looking very good.

I don't want to see a split TwoFace suit, looks cheesy IMO. If they do have one, I want to see a scene of him sewing it together like Catwoman in Batman Returns. :rolleyes: Also I'm glad they went with an irregular scarred bald head as opposed to the lame white hair look.

Going by the figure, I wish his shirt and tie were a bit more damaged and rumpled and the pants and shoe less so. I like the idea that he's so unbalanced, like the Joker, he continues to wear the same clothes day after day, the dirty, destroyed suit of a life he once knew, not some goofy costume suit he creates for his new criminal persona.

I wonder how they'll organically introduce his infamous scarred Coin into the DK story? Would Dent have a "lucky" coin that he carries before the accident? perhaps given to him by his wife or by Wayne?

I don't want to see a split TwoFace suit, looks cheesy IMO. If they do have one, I want to see a scene of him sewing it together like Catwoman in Batman Returns. :rolleyes: Also I'm glad they went with an irregular scarred bald head as opposed to the lame white hair look.

Going by the figure, I wish his shirt and tie were a bit more damaged and rumpled and the pants and shoe less so. I like the idea that he's so unbalanced, like the Joker, he continues to wear the same clothes day after day, the dirty, destroyed suit of a life he once knew, not some goofy costume suit he creates for his new criminal persona.

I wonder how they'll organically introduce his infamous scarred Coin into the DK story? Would Dent have a "lucky" coin that he carries before the accident? perhaps given to him by his wife or by Wayne?

I don't think the split suit would be unrealistic if done just like that. As DA has said, he becomes a madman and would just take two of his suits, cut them in half and haphazardly put them together. I just don't think he will do that until Batman 3.

Yes the bald head is much more realistic as is the uneven scaring. I too would think the shirt and tie should be damaged as well. But as I said earlier, it is still just the toy version and the film version could differ.

In Batman the Animated Series, Harvey did have a coin he would flip. He also had a split personality disorder. I think they would have to do both of those in the film as well because not everybody that gets a face full of acid turns into a pyscho obsessed with the number two. In the cartoon series, the scaring only kept "Big Bad Harv" in control as opposed to Harvey being in control. I imagine the same thing will be true for the Dark Knight.

Also, in Dark Knight Viral news, it looks like Harvey is taking over the Joker's role now. https://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com/

It has been updated to include your email address and phone number. I imagine this will eventually pay off with a Two-Face teaser, or at least Trailer #3 (2nd Full trailer).

Dent's campaign against crime ends tragically during the prosecution of crime boss Sal "Boss" Maroni for murder. At a climactic moment in the trial, Dent produces Maroni's good luck charm, a two-headed coin he was well-known for carrying, which had been found at the murder scene with Maroni's fresh fingerprints upon it.

Hopefully this is the way Harvey will get the coin in the movie.

In The Long Halloween version Dent gets his trademark coin from his abusive father, who is referred to as being in some form of mental institution. This doesn't seem as natural to me.

Last edited:
Dent's campaign against crime ends tragically during the prosecution of crime boss Sal "Boss" Maroni for murder. At a climactic moment in the trial, Dent produces Maroni's good luck charm, a two-headed coin he was well-known for carrying, which had been found at the murder scene with Maroni's fresh fingerprints upon it.

Hopefully this is the way Harvey will get the coin in the movie.

In The Long Halloween version Dent gets his trademark coin from his abusive father, who is referred to as being in some form of mental institution. This doesn't seem as natural to me.

that sounds pretty convincing

That Joker figure looks cool!!! I would buy that one and I don't even collect that small scale.

My thoughts exactly. THAT figure looks awesome, though I fear it is the prototype, based on the ghastly figure unveiled by Mattel at Toy Fair...
main.php

main.php

As you can see...awful. If it looked like the other picture posted, I might be more enthusiastic. I've heard there are two figure lines being released, one geared towards kids that are more play-friendly, and another geared towards collectors with sculpts done by the Four Horseman team. I'm fearful THIS is the movie-accurate figure, rather than the one in the previously-posted photo. Though it should be mentioned, that MR/Corgi has the license too and will be producing prop replicas, among other things (such as a deck of Joker cards, Two-Face's coin, batarangs, etc.). At this point I have to agree that I am WAITING for Hot Toys to nab these up.

Last edited:
It's not that bad for a $8 toy. With a bit of touch-up on the face paint, it'd look pretty good. The likeness isn't there though. I wonder if that was intentional?

It's not that bad for a $8 toy. With a bit of touch-up on the face paint, it'd look pretty good. The likeness isn't there though. I wonder if that was intentional?

Nah, the 4 Horsemen just aren't very good at real people likeness. They are fine with comic book faces, just not live action film faces.

That one on the far right is the clearest shot I've seen of the suit. I really like how the "split" suit is so subtle there. I do hope though that he eventually makes a full 'costume,' even if it is for Batman 3.

You also have to remember, compair the Ledger Joker pics to Mattel's Joker figure. The real Joker in the film is MUCH better than the figure. I can only assume here as well, and I already think that the Two-Face figure is looking very good.

It doesn't really look like a split suit at all. I'm guessing the suit got damaged the same way his face did, just on the one side.

It doesn't really look like a split suit at all. I'm guessing the suit got damaged the same way his face did, just on the one side.

Correct, but suit is "split" just like his face. I'm sure that the suit is just damaged from the acid as well, but since the two sides are different in appearence of it, it is basically "split." I think that this look would be fine for the intro of the character, but I think, like Scarecrow, he needs to move on and make his own costume (What I means is Scarecrow NEEDS a costume, the mask with a regular suit isn't enough).

When the (hopefully) get around the the real split suit look, the question then becomes Which two kinds of suits? Black and White? Black and purple? Striped and non-striped? Plain and checkered? Etc. Etc.

I'd be surprised to see an actual truly split suit at all in Nolan's world. Since he's going for that gritty realism, how realistic is it for a district attorney to go in his closet and start cutting suits in half and sewing them together? Who knows though, perhaps he will, or have some tailor do it for him and then kill the tailor to cover his tracks, or maybe he'll just end up wearing one without explanation at all.:confused: I can't wait to find out though.

Either way I'm watching Begins on HD tonight. :rock

I'd be surprised to see an actual truly split suit at all in Nolan's world. Since he's going for that gritty realism, how realistic is it for a district attorney to go in his closet and start cutting suits in half and sewing them together? Who knows though, perhaps he will, or have some tailor do it for him and then kill the tailor to cover his tracks, or maybe he'll just end up wearing one without explanation at all.:confused: I can't wait to find out though.

Either way I'm watching Begins on HD tonight. :rock

And a purple suit is realistic? :rolleyes:

The films are done in the realistic manner, but you do still need to suspend reality just a bit still. I love this approach, but when this series is finished, I'd love to see a Batman series done in the 40's, similar to how the Animated Series looked. Heck, a new live action Batman TV show will a big budget like Lost or 24 would be sweet!

I don't get why some like the split suit look so much. Even when it's done well it looks kinda goofy to me. Though I do really like the idea of a double breasted suit.

two-face-coin-2.jpg

But usually it comes out looking hideous, something like this

twoface.jpg

I for one am really glad Nolan has been choosing something else and not slavishly recreating the look of the comics or the cartoon.

Last edited:
And a purple suit is realistic? :rolleyes:

Yup.

https://www.mensusa.com/tools.aspx?id=269&gclid=CL-p1Iyh8pECFQUYlwodwn7syA

I read somewhere that it's not like the Joker starts wearing the purple suit and makeup after he becomes the Joker. He's just a total anarchist nutball that's always dressed like a freak. Of course we know from the trailer that his are custom made with no labels, not off the rack like the above link. So yes, I think it's much more realistic for the Joker to strut around pimped out than it is for Harvey Dent to grab needle and thread and hack up some suits and go half and half. I really like the way the action figure is shown with just one half of him ruined rather than made and stylized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back