"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he has definitely slimmed down.. hes got a very tired look on his face as well ( sagging eye sockets). id like to think that look factors into the story, its a result of him running around all night as batman maybe? double life is slowly wearing him down?

good explanation dont you think?:lol

Didn't really notice the look (especially the eye sockets/eyebags etc). It could be what you mentioned, the burden of being Gotham's protector.

There's a scene in the trailer where he's sitting in his penthouse, costume strewn all over the floor while he's holding on to his mask and sobbing/crying (it looks like he's crying) .....

Is it just me or has Christian Bale slimmed down further for TDK? Or was it really just the old suit that made him look a little puffy?

Bale, himself, addressed this awhile back. He said he was intentionally asked to not be "as bulky" as he was in Begins. I'm afraid that I have no clue why, though. Perhaps it does play into the story somehow.

Got an email tonight saying the Dentmobile stuff is starting tomorrow in NYC, probably on Good Morning America or something.

I really wish there was one near me. If there is one near anyone, I would suggest going since they might give out freebies and such. If so, I still have Gotham Times Newspapers I would be willing to trade for them.

I should be going to the Ann Arbor or the East Lansing one by me. 20th & the 21st.

:chew

I should be going to the Ann Arbor or the East Lansing one by me. 20th & the 21st.

:chew

Sweet! Please report back here what was going on. It could be quite lame, or might be kinda cool. Its too early to tell, but I wish there was one here in Utah I could go to. I mean Aaron Eckhart is from this area and yet we don't get anything. :confused:

Here is what I submited if anyone cares:

dsc00052vx9.jpg

I said how despite the vandalism, support is even stronger since this is what Harvey is running to get rid of. Hopefully they will accept it. I will be taking some other stuff tomorrow in case they don't.

Last edited:
Got this back from IBIHD:

"We're sorry, but your submission has been declined due to the use of disturbing imagery. Please try again."

:lol

Since when are smiles and circles around eyes "disturbing?" Oh well, I'll try again later.

Aww Man! That looks like some cool freebies. I wish this marketing think was more fair. Like one city per state (the lower 48 at least). Colorado has THREE, yet just the next state over (Utah) get nothing. I think just going to the biggest city in the state would be more fair than what is going on now.

We love movies and freebies in Utah. For Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, one of our theaters brought in the most money WORLDWIDE for it. Plus Aaron Eckhart has connections with Utah. What gives!?!?!? :confused:

Got this back from IBIHD:

"We're sorry, but your submission has been declined due to the use of disturbing imagery. Please try again."

:lol

Since when are smiles and circles around eyes "disturbing?" Oh well, I'll try again later.

How did that not get accepted? "disturbing?" , They must have a bunch of morons working there. I guess you have to work from the ground up.

I'd use a paint brush or marker.

Also, any NEWS from ShowWest?

How did that not get accepted? "disturbing?" , They must have a bunch of morons working there. I guess you have to work from the ground up.

I'd use a paint brush or marker.

Also, any NEWS from ShowWest?

I just assumed they are trying to stay away from the Joker marketing/the Joker "in their world." Remember this is all supposed to be "real" so the Joker vandalising a Dent sign would probably be "disturbing" to them.

Ironically, if I submitted it during the Joker marketing, it probably would have been one of thier favorites :lol

Did you see the "Dent is a Two Faced Lier" one? Maybe it's just the Joker make-up they didn't like. I wonder if it was just the Ha-Ha's, they would have kept it?

Came accross another story related to Heath's work for The Joker.

LAS VEGAS - This time out, there’s no vat of chemicals to explain how Batman’s greatest enemy came to be the twisted sociopath known as the Joker.

Heath Ledger’s Joker springs full-blown in this summer’s “The Dark Knight,” the sequel to 2005’s “Batman Begins” that was previewed for theater owners Thursday with a clip showing the new movie’s opening sequence.

Unlike 1989’s “Batman,” in which the deranged, disfigured clown appearance of Jack Nicholson’s Joker resulted from a dip in chemical goo, “The Dark Knight” starts right in with the bad guy in all his psychopathic glory.

“I believe whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you stranger,” Ledger’s depraved Joker cryptically tells an accomplice in the opening scenes, in which he pulls off a daring bank robbery.

In an interview at ShoWest, a theater-owners convention where distributor Warner Bros. showed off footage of “The Dark Knight” and the rest of its summer lineup, director Christopher Nolan said it was almost inevitable that the sequel would pit Christian Bale’s Batman against the Joker.

“The psychopathic clown, that’s an icon to stand with the guy with the ears and cape,” Nolan said. “It’s just a wonderful visual relationship, and it’s a terrifying image.”

Long before Ledger’s death of an accidental prescription drug overdose in January, the marketing of the movie had focused on the villain’s rise to power and his creepy appearance.

There had been speculation among critics and fans that the studio and filmmakers might take a different approach to selling the film in light of Ledger’s death, but the marketing has gone on as originally planned.

“I think he’d be very pleased to see we’re just moving ahead as is,” Nolan said. “If you try to honor somebody, you honor them by respecting their work and putting it out there for as many people to see. He was immensely proud of the work he did on the film. I feel a great burden to present that in an undistorted form.”

“The Dark Knight” is due in theaters July 18.

Fans have been buzzing over the anarchic style Ledger brings to the role in the movie’s trailer, but the actor himself was utterly taken by what he saw of himself on screen, Roven said.

“He was just blown away by his own performance,” Roven said. “He said, ‘Can I see it again?’ So he was really, really thrilled.”

Bale — reprising his role as the wealthy Bruce Wayne, who moonlights as the emotionally tormented crimefighter — said he watched the footage Thursday with a heaviness of heart over Ledger. But Bale said he hopes the movie will serve as a testament.

“I hope that this can be seen as a celebration of his work,” Bale said. “He did a phenomenal job. It was a real joy working with the man. It was a joy knowing him, as well. I liked him a great deal, and I liked also how seriously he took his work.”

I really get a feeling reading all this stuff that money and all has nothing to do with matters and that Nolan truly wants to have the movie and marketing honor Heath as best it can.

On a related note, I watched The Brothers Grimm the other night, and while I don't see myself watching it frequently, one thing that did stand out was the quality and committment to the role Heath Gave, you really believed in the type of person his character was meant to be. I can't wait to see what he gives Joker now.

I tried something different this time for my IBIHD entry. I downloaded the petition page and had a bunch of Honorable Gotham Citizens sign it. I put:

Harvey Dent
Roman Sionis
Lucius Fox
Bruce Wayne
Alfred Pennyworth
Rachel Dawes
Dr. Harleen Quinzel
Sal Maroni
Oswald Copplepot
Dr. Victor Fries
Lt. Jim Gordon
Clark Kent
and The Joker :D

Lets hope it gets submited this time. Kudos to those of you who know who everyone is on the list ;)

Thank you for the story MaulFan :wave
…I really have a nice feeling that Heath will blow us all away with his Joker performance.:bow

I’m so happy today :bouncinI got myself the 70”x 47” Joker banner from TDK …and it looks fantastic.:monkey5

dsc05507copyxs1.jpg

…sometimes it’s pay off to work in the Cinema. :D

^^^ very nice. I see that (and the others) poster all over ebay. I hope they do a TF one.

My list was accepted this time! :woo

I am in the "Sheal" voting district. The title of my submition is "Honorable Gotham Citizens Signatures"

Now here is hoping they send stuff again!

I tried something different this time for my IBIHD entry. I downloaded the petition page and had a bunch of Honorable Gotham Citizens sign it. I put:

Harvey Dent
Roman Sionis
Lucius Fox
Bruce Wayne
Alfred Pennyworth
Rachel Dawes
Dr. Harleen Quinzel
Sal Maroni
Oswald Copplepot
Dr. Victor Fries
Lt. Jim Gordon
Clark Kent
and The Joker :D

Lets hope it gets submited this time. Kudos to those of you who know who everyone is on the list ;)

Very cool idea.

My list was accepted this time! :woo

I am in the "Sheal" voting district. The title of my submition is "Honorable Gotham Citizens Signatures"

Now here is hoping they send stuff again!

You might get a postcard, in which you fill and send back. I'm thinking that it may give you a free ticket to the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back