"The Dark Knight" 2008 !!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My list was accepted this time! :woo

I am in the "Sheal" voting district. The title of my submition is "Honorable Gotham Citizens Signatures"

Now here is hoping they send stuff again!

I have a feeling they will send us a few Harvey Dent bumper stickers and maybe a pin.

Over at Hot Topic they have three new Dark Knight shirts. One (that I got) is the Why So Serious poster (the one with the Joker). The other two are "I believe in Harvey Dent" ones. One normal and the other (a chase shirt? :confused: ) is the Joker vandalized version. I almost got the Jokerized version too, but at $20 each they aren't exactly the cheapest shirts to collect.

A chase shirt? Oh my, I better make a trip over there. I loved the first shirt they released. I actually got two, so when the first one wears out, I can have a backup.

Bale, himself, addressed this awhile back. He said he was intentionally asked to not be "as bulky" as he was in Begins. I'm afraid that I have no clue why, though. Perhaps it does play into the story somehow.

On the Batman Begins DVD, there is a documentary where Bale talks about the physical nature of the role. He was told by Chris Nolan to make himself as big as possible as he had dropped 63 pounds to 120 to play Trevor Reznik in the Machinist.

When Nolan saw how much weight he had lost he panicked (due to the close starting date of BB) and told Bale to bulk up as quickly as possible. Bale took this to heart and put on a massive amount of weight and did a lot of strength work in a very short period of time. He described himself as being like a bear and one of the English crew members looked at him and said "Blody Hell Chris, I thought we were making Batman, not Fatman" so he knew he was in trouble.

They filmed a lot of the earlier stuff first (iceland, court room scenes etc) as the costume that had been custom fitted a few months earlier didn't fit. So he had to lose weight again but he admitted he was barely able to fit into the suit.

I think this time he had specific instructions on what to weigh and the new costume isn't as form fitting or as plastic / rubbery as the previous. Its more like a cloth / spiderman body glove with armour plates and loads more mobility.

Personally I think it looks awesome but the Batman costume does not translate well to statues or busts.

A bit off topic, but the new Michael Mann movie "Public Enemies" has started filming. And based on recent images of Christian just last week, he has already lost a decent amount of weight and is skinny again in order to play Melvin Purvis.

Seems like he either loses or gains weight for every role, he is a devoted man to his craft.

A bit off topic, but the new Michael Mann movie "Public Enemies" has started filming. And based on recent images of Christian just last week, he has already lost a decent amount of weight and is skinny again in order to play Melvin Purvis.

Seems like he either loses or gains weight for every role, he is a devoted man to his craft.

Yes indeed, Bale is well noted for his physical commitment to his roles.

He's incredibly disciplined when it comes to his weight for specific projects.

Check out the Machinist (image below) which he did just before Batman Begins. This is all natural folks, no special or make up effects:

stickman.jpg

He must have a supernatural metabolism.

One determined bloke thats for sure, all I have to do is look at water and I put on 5 pounds.

I think he has said he's gonna have to slow down with it though, I know dieting and working out like that (as in taking it from one extreme to another) can do serious damage to your kidneys

Yes indeed, Bale is well noted for his physical commitment to his roles.

He's incredibly disciplined when it comes to his weight for specific projects.

Check out the Machinist (image below) which he did just before Batman Begins. This is all natural folks, no special or make up effects:

stickman.jpg

Yup! Great movie, I am actually surprised they didn't show more of Bale's bare upper body (as it seemed a large part of the characters physical reaction to his "mental" issues). There was really only a scene or two of him with his shirt off (in bed and in the bathroom, maybe a bit more). I mean he just looked like a normal skinny person with clothes on, but when the shirt came off, damn. Basically what I am saying is that he could've done the role without losing so much weight, but Bale being the ++++ he had to do what he had to do :D.

Going back to Batman for a second, for those who are interested (like me):

From the Digital Bits

"Batman Begins will finally arrive on Blu-ray Disc on 7/8 in two editions - a single-disc version (SRP $28.99) and a new 2-disc limited edition gift set (SRP $49.99). The set will include a lenticular motion film image (probably like the one that was in the Blade Runner box set), along with photos, script pages, storyboards, 5 artwork postcards and a $7.50 "movie cash" coupon to use when you see The Dark Knight, which arrives in theatres on 7/18.

Both versions of the Blu-ray will also include an exclusive comic book, the story of which serves as a prologue to The Dark Knight. Warner will also re-release the film on DVD that same day, in a gift set edition ($39.92) that includes all the content from the previous 2-disc DVD, along with a 128MB flash drive, the 5 art postcards and movie cash coupon.

Finally, the studio will debut the direct-to-disc animated anthology, Batman: Gotham Knight, on DVD and Blu-ray on 7/8 as well (single-disc DVD is $24.98, 2-disc DVD special edition is $29.98 and Blu-ray Disc is $34.99)."

Happy Days Hi-Def Batman Begins for us PS3 owning folks!

"Batman Begins will finally arrive on Blu-ray Disc on 7/8

a new 2-disc limited edition gift set (SRP $49.99). The set will include a lenticular motion film image (probably like the one that was in the Blade Runner box set), along with photos, script pages, storyboards, 5 artwork postcards and a $7.50 "movie cash" coupon to use when you see The Dark Knight, which arrives in theatres on 7/18.

That 2-disc gift set will be mine. :banana

:D

I'll skip out on the dual discs and wait for TDK to be released on Blu-Ray then get the eventual set of BB and TDK.....I don't need all the extra bells and whistles just the films in the best quality they can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back